Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Reload this Page [ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread

Old March 23rd, 2013 (01:03 AM).
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to ep!c
Its a UNLZ-GBA image, thats located somewhere around 100 near the worldmap..
Old March 23rd, 2013 (02:42 AM).

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlackWhiteRobin
Quote originally posted by ep!c:
Its a UNLZ-GBA image, thats located somewhere around 100 near the worldmap..
Thanks dude! You're another lifesaver!
Old March 23rd, 2013 (03:40 AM).
The Emperor of Hoenn

Nature: Adamant
I really want to play Pokemon Expert Emerald on my Android phone. However, the app is only ablr to run .zip and .gba files. Is someone so kind enough to send me a .zip or .gba file of the latest beta version of Expert Emerald or just a download link?? 
Thanks!

GROUND SAFARI

Phanpy
Nincada
Diggersby
Old March 23rd, 2013 (04:52 AM). Edited March 23rd, 2013 by TweenyTodd.
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by legendhunter14:
I really want to play Pokemon Expert Emerald on my Android phone. However, the app is only ablr to run .zip and .gba files. Is someone so kind enough to send me a .zip or .gba file of the latest beta version of Expert Emerald or just a download link?? 
Thanks!
I don't think we're allowed to. Just patch it on your computer and send it to your phone.

Question of my own: In FR, I know the Kanto world map is located in UNLZ at around 190, but where are the Sevii Islands' world maps?
Any of the three maps will do.
Old March 23rd, 2013 (05:00 AM).

Hey there! Another question how about this:

How do I edit it? I tried 2013 in Unlz gba and it looked like that but when I edited it, it remain unchanged. I guess that number isn't right. Do you know the right offset?
Old March 23rd, 2013 (05:33 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote originally posted by TweenyTodd:
I don't think we're allowed to. Just patch it on your computer and send it to your phone.

Question of my own: In FR, I know the Kanto world map is located in UNLZ at around 190, but where are the Sevii Islands' world maps?
Any of the three maps will do.
The Sevii Islands worldmap uses the same tileset as the Kanto tileset, however it uses a different tilemap, located at 0x83F0354 in a BPRE ROM.

On that note, I replaced my Sevii Islands world map with a new one (Hoenn), and it looks perfect in Advance Map, but in-game...

Does anyone know what the cause of this is? I have a gut instinct it might be because of too many tiles, but I really can't be sure.

Also, on a slightly less severe note, the worldmap I replaced Kanto with appears to have some transparent tiles in the bottom right corner that seem to appear regardless of the tiles there in the actual tilemap, and this glitch shows up both ingame and in Advance Map.

I was never good at worldmap-making, haha.
Old March 23rd, 2013 (07:35 AM).
Beginning Hacker

I don't know a thing about worldmaps, sorry

But my question is: Is there a way to remove the colours for different genders in Firered? I don't want all men to speak in blue and women to speak in red by default..

Thanks in advance
Reygok
Old March 23rd, 2013 (12:28 PM).
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Reygok:
I don't know a thing about worldmaps, sorry

But my question is: Is there a way to remove the colours for different genders in Firered? I don't want all men to speak in blue and women to speak in red by default..

Thanks in advance
Reygok
I don't do too much FireRed hacking, but I believe the colors are set using a command before the text or during the text. So, easasing all of these could be quite tedious. I would, personally, edit the palette used for text and change them all to black. This would prevent other colors from being used in the future, though.

Paired with Simba
Old March 23rd, 2013 (06:30 PM). Edited March 23rd, 2013 by nemesish.
Azure Trainer

Hello everybody, this is my problem.

So, I'm doing a hack on FireRed and the thing is:
-I have added some pokémon on the free 25 spaces the game has (Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade... mostly evolutions.)
-I added evo stones for the ones that need it (currently Shiny, Dusk and Dawn)
-the thing is, when i use the stones...

(This is an example with Magneton who has to use a Thundestone to evolve.)

this is the problem:

this "Huh?" appears and nothing happens, instead it takes me back to the item bag.
This Happened with all 22 pokes on the free slots.

But when I use my Oval Stone on happiny...
Spoiler:

...and then we know what happens.

Is this because Magnezone was placed in one of the 25 free slots, because Magnemite and Magneton were untouched on their slots?
Was Happiny unaffected because it replaces another pokemon(Spinda, I think) and it's evolution(Chansey) was left untouched on it's slot?

Other info:
-ALL the stones(even the ones I created) work fine. Tested them on other pokes. The problem is on the ones placed on the free slots
-Level evolutions DO work (Aipom->Ambipom, Tamgela->Tangrowth, etc, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any advice i can get to make this work.

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old March 23rd, 2013 (09:27 PM).
If my PM box is full, VM instead :x

Quote originally posted by nemesish:
Hello everybody, this is my problem.

So, I'm doing a hack on FireRed and the thing is:
-I have added some pokémon on the free 25 spaces the game has (Magnezone, Gallade, Probopass, Roserade... mostly evolutions.)
-I added evo stones for the ones that need it (currently Shiny, Dusk and Dawn)
-the thing is, when i use the stones...

(This is an example with Magneton who has to use a Thundestone to evolve.)

this is the problem:

this "Huh?" appears and nothing happens, instead it takes me back to the item bag.
This Happened with all 22 pokes on the free slots.

But when I use my Oval Stone on happiny...
Spoiler:

...and then we know what happens.

Is this because Magnezone was placed in one of the 25 free slots, because Magnemite and Magneton were untouched on their slots?
Was Happiny unaffected because it replaces another pokemon(Spinda, I think) and it's evolution(Chansey) was left untouched on it's slot?

Other info:
-ALL the stones(even the ones I created) work fine. Tested them on other pokes. The problem is on the ones placed on the free slots
-Level evolutions DO work (Aipom->Ambipom, Tamgela->Tangrowth, etc, etc...)

Thanks in advance for any advice i can get to make this work.
Sounds to me that those 25 slots count as Pokemon that aren't in Kanto. I.e You need the National Dex to evolve them. Try giving the national dex before using the stones and see if everything works.

My name forum name is FBI Agent, though you can call me FBI because it's shorter.

Some of my stuff:
ASM request/resource thread
ASM tutorials thread
ASM Workshop
Old March 23rd, 2013 (10:12 PM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by nemesish.
Azure Trainer

Quote originally posted by FBI agent:
Sounds to me that those 25 slots count as Pokemon that aren't in Kanto. I.e You need the National Dex to evolve them. Try giving the national dex before using the stones and see if everything works.
I thought that, but then Chansey evolved.
Also this only happens with Stone-induced evolutions.
As I said earlier on the post, Aipom and Tangela level-evolved. Ambipom and Tangrowth were inserted on the free slots.

EDIT: You were right bro. I didn't had the NationalDex while these tests. Now that i got it, all the stone evolutions to pokes on the free slots do work.

Thank You!

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old March 24th, 2013 (12:12 AM).
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Does anyone know why there are 3 warps at a door entrance? You only ever seem to use one of them.
Old March 24th, 2013 (12:49 AM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by kearnseyboy6:
Does anyone know why there are 3 warps at a door entrance? You only ever seem to use one of them.
Some are probably just to ensure that they will be working...
And others are when you enter into bigger door which has left and right side.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old March 24th, 2013 (10:19 AM).
Beginning Hacker

I used the Pokémon Editor in 0xRH's Pokémon Game Editor to add new attacks to a Pokémon I created and put in the Slot after Celebi. I took a 1000 byte big free offset, and added 11 new moves.
In-game, it worked fine, my pokémon learned what I hat intended. But yesterday, after a few days of mapping and scripting, it reached level 7 after a battle, and the game froze.

So I headed over to the Pokémon editor and -WTF- it now has like, 200 moves, but they are all glitchy, have weird symbols as names and are learned at level 107 and 0 and 200...

Has anybody had this problem before?
Old March 24th, 2013 (12:13 PM).

So I'm using this thread to edit the type-effectiveness chart in FR. I need more room than it has, so I'm trying to repoint it, which I have virtually no experience doing.

So I turned the offset 24F050 (the beginning of the chart) into a pointer-> 50F02408 (right?)
I then searched this pointer to replace it with my new pointer for the type chart...but it doesn't exist in the ROM...am I missing something?

Thanks to SilverGrey for the awesome banner! Click to see!
Current as of 1/31/14: I updated again!

Old March 24th, 2013 (02:54 PM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
I used the Pokémon Editor in 0xRH's Pokémon Game Editor to add new attacks to a Pokémon I created and put in the Slot after Celebi. I took a 1000 byte big free offset, and added 11 new moves.
In-game, it worked fine, my pokémon learned what I hat intended. But yesterday, after a few days of mapping and scripting, it reached level 7 after a battle, and the game froze.

So I headed over to the Pokémon editor and -WTF- it now has like, 200 moves, but they are all glitchy, have weird symbols as names and are learned at level 107 and 0 and 200...

Has anybody had this problem before?
Did you, by any chance, open the rom with YAPE?

If you didn't, then my guess is that the area right after you placed the moves was filled with data from maps and scripts. The game then tried to read these as moves.

Quote originally posted by Noossab Blue:
So I'm using this thread to edit the type-effectiveness chart in FR. I need more room than it has, so I'm trying to repoint it, which I have virtually no experience doing.

So I turned the offset 24F050 (the beginning of the chart) into a pointer-> 50F02408 (right?)
I then searched this pointer to replace it with my new pointer for the type chart...but it doesn't exist in the ROM...am I missing something?
That would be the correct pointer, if you are using HxD, your most likely mistake is not checking the "search all" button in the Find window. I forget to do it all the time.

Paired with Simba
Old March 24th, 2013 (03:19 PM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by tajaros.
Hi I'm dawg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tajaros
Quote originally posted by Noossab Blue:

If the search all thingy doesn't work for you maybe you haven't set it up as Hex Values. Try changing that, also I'll try to find the location of that pointer to ease things up.

EDIT:

There are multiple pointers so I guess you have to change all of those pointers.

1st Pointer - 0x1E944
2nd Pointer - 0x1EA84
3rd Pointer - 0x1EB58
4th Pointer - 0x1EEBC
5th Pointer - 0x1EFC0
6th Pointer - 0x1F0C0
7th Pointer - 0x23CD8
8th Pointer - 0x29F90
9th Pointer - 0x39E38

So basically there are 9 Pointers that points out to 0x24F050

Yeah Eminem rulz rom jacking.
Old March 24th, 2013 (09:51 PM). Edited March 24th, 2013 by BlackWhiteRobin.

Hey guys! You know how to remove Pikachu on the top-left from the "In the world blah..blah..blah.." intro?

I tried to remove it using NSE's bookmarked offsets and managed to remove Pikachu's body and eyes but the ears are still there! Does anybody know the offset? Please help!
Old March 24th, 2013 (11:50 PM). Edited March 25th, 2013 by U.Flame.
Brony Hacker

Nature: Jolly
I've been experimenting with decoration placing recently. So far, I've duplicated your house's normal floor tile, but gave it the behavior byte, B5 (I believe this is what Secret Bases use to allow decoration placement). The behavior actually worked, the home PC allowed me to place dolls and cushions on that tile. The problem however, is keeping the decorations visible.

For some odd reason, right after the decoration is placed, it disappears! I can walk over that spot too so it isn't simply invisible. However, the PC still recognizes it as being placed on that spot, and I can still remove it.

So, what am I doing wrong? How can I get decorations to work properly?
(On a related note, is there a way to remove the restriction on what type of decoration can be placed on your room? I'd like to be able to place anything.)
Attached Files
File Type: avi Decoration Testing2.AVI‎ (5.96 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Pokemon Ruby Destiny Broken Timeline - Mapping assigned maps, slow pace at the moment.
Pokemon Cursed/Creepy White - Group project, on hiatus for now with plans to return eventually.

Times I've been ninja'd: 18
Times I've ninja'd people: 3
Old March 25th, 2013 (01:49 AM).
Beginning Hacker

Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Did you, by any chance, open the rom with YAPE?

If you didn't, then my guess is that the area right after you placed the moves was filled with data from maps and scripts. The game then tried to read these as moves.
Well, in fact I did open it with YAPE, too, to see if there was e difference, and no, there isn't. In YAPE, there are the same random "moves" after the 11 I set.

So I'll just search a new free Offset? Perhaps smaller than 1000 bytes? Because if, with 11 moves, there is still space for like 200 odd ones, I feel like 1000 bytes is way too much.

Anyway, thanks, for the answer
Old March 25th, 2013 (02:40 AM). Edited March 25th, 2013 by karatekid552.

Quote originally posted by U_Flame:
I've been experimenting with decoration placing recently. So far, I've duplicated your house's normal floor tile, but gave it the behavior byte, B5 (I believe this is what Secret Bases use to allow decoration placement). The behavior actually worked, the home PC allowed me to place dolls and cushions on that tile. The problem however, is keeping the decorations visible.

For some odd reason, right after the decoration is placed, it disappears! I can walk over that spot too so it isn't simply invisible. However, the PC still recognizes it as being placed on that spot, and I can still remove it.

So, what am I doing wrong? How can I get decorations to work properly?
(On a related note, is there a way to remove the restriction on what type of decoration can be placed on your room? I'd like to be able to place anything.)
The problem is the one I encountered in my OW editing tutorial. There is a set of 16 or so Dynamic OW's in every room that you can place decorations. These OWs "morph" or "change" into your decorations after you place them. Go into a secret base and you will notice the OWs lined up on the side of the room. Mimic them exactly and you should be in buisness.

Well, in fact I did open it with YAPE, too, to see if there was e difference, and no, there isn't. In YAPE, there are the same random "moves" after the 11 I set.

So I'll just search a new free Offset? Perhaps smaller than 1000 bytes? Because if, with 11 moves, there is still space for like 200 odd ones, I feel like 1000 bytes is way too much.

Anyway, thanks, for the answer
I just know that if you save while YAPE is open, it will move all of your moves around into one big pool.

After you repoint to some new free space (still use the 1000 bytes) goto that offset in a hex editor. Count over 22 bytes, (moves take up 2 bytes each) then you should be looking at the beginning of a ton of FFFFs. This is free space. Go over two more bytes, and then fill with random numbers for about 2 or 3 bytes. This should prevent A-map or XSE from writing in the area where your movesets are.

Paired with Simba
Old March 25th, 2013 (02:56 AM).

Umm..... Why isn't anyone answering my questions? Did I turn into a ghost without me noticing? Ooooooohhh...... Spooky.

Quote:
Hey there! Another question how about this:

How do I edit it? I tried 2013 in Unlz gba and it looked like that but when I edited it, it remain unchanged. I guess that number isn't right. Do you know the right offset?

Quote:
Hey guys! You know how to remove Pikachu on the top-left from the "In the world blah..blah..blah.." intro?

I tried to remove it using NSE's bookmarked offsets and managed to remove Pikachu's body and eyes but the ears are still there! Does anybody know the offset? Please help!
Old March 25th, 2013 (03:39 AM).
Beginning Hacker

And how much is "two bytes"? I tried what you sad, kid, but then I seem to add two glitched moves by myself.
Old March 25th, 2013 (03:46 AM).
ModeratorCSGT

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
00 00 is two bytes.

It could be FF FF or FD 12, or any number of letter between A - F.
Old March 25th, 2013 (04:14 AM). Edited March 25th, 2013 by Reygok.
Beginning Hacker

Then, one move takes more than 2 bytes, because starting at the offset where I inserted my moveset, there are 38 used bytes, and I set 11 moves. Well, I'll try again.

Okay, now it works. Thanks dudes.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links