The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:07 AM
QuartierGenerale

Hi,

in Ruby a good list of free variables are the 5xxx (like 5000,5001,...)

Anyone known a list of free flags?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I known that flags from 0x1000 are not used in script directly...but is it safe to use that flags? Or maybe they was used for other things like pokemon in pokedex?

Thanks

Last edited by QuartierGenerale; April 20th, 2013 at 02:20 AM.
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Nature: Hardy
I have an Question. It is possible to add more than 5 evolution methods? I want add to my POKEMON RUBY hack a LEAFEON, GLACEON and SYLVEON. I want use for them an Empty Pokemon Slots. It is possible to expand Pokemon Evolution methods from 5 to 8? I try search for it in Google but I do not found any answer.
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

MY MUSIC SHOP - http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=296954

Last edited by Ksiazek Bartlomiej; April 20th, 2013 at 02:30 AM. Reason: ...
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by dondon151 View Post
ZodiacDaGreat's Trader Advanced editor allows one to edit the OT, ID, species, nature, IVs, ability, etc. of Pokemon received in in-game trades.

Is it possible to edit the gender of the received Pokemon?
The gender varies from what gender the pokemon you are going to trade.

For example you gave a Male Spearow for a Farfetch'd then you will get a male Farfetch'd. It's that simple.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Meybe someone help me with add new ingame TRADE? I want add a trade WURMPLE for LEAFEON. I make new 4th trade for it... And I don't know how to add that new one
- During Centuries... Whole worlds try keep in survive... Beafore the space start existing... In chaos eye appeared two eggs... One of mighty pokemon Arceus... Secound with less known Rejishan... Those two pokemon start build their worlds in other warps... Rejishan lose him mission... And undone world named now was TORN WORLD where now live Giratina... Arceus create world with Pokemons where live everywhere alongside with humans... What do Arceus after fail of Rejishan? He give him able to live in him world... But Rejishan want create something which been himself... And from biggest dessert upper than Unova Region start creating new region... This region is Thonsu... New species of Pokemons start locate at their region... Arceus fell angry... But forgive Rejishan and make with him friendship... But now... Is no one know... Rejishan hide in human body... Human name of Thonsu Creator is Sir Allan Newlight... - MYTH ABOUT REJISHAN (Pokemon Dirty Sun plot)

Old April 20th, 2013, 03:45 AM
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
Hi,

in Ruby a good list of free variables are the 5xxx (like 5000,5001,...)

Anyone known a list of free flags?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: I known that flags from 0x1000 are not used in script directly...but is it safe to use that flags? Or maybe they was used for other things like pokemon in pokedex?

Thanks
I would base my conclusions off of the flags that were used in game. I still would say (since the engines were similar) that what was safe for FR is safe for Ruby. This also means that vars in the 5000s are not safe. I have said in the past that they were, but I learned differently and went back to edit all of those posts.

However, there is no list for Ruby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksiazek Bartlomiej View Post
I have an Question. It is possible to add more than 5 evolution methods? I want add to my POKEMON RUBY hack a LEAFEON, GLACEON and SYLVEON. I want use for them an Empty Pokemon Slots. It is possible to expand Pokemon Evolution methods from 5 to 8? I try search for it in Google but I do not found any answer.
It is possible, but you would have to rewrite the entire evolution checking routine. You see, all evolutions are stored in a pool of data. There are 2 bytes per evolution, so 10 bytes per pokemon, and every 10 bytes is a new pokemons data. The game basically does this: "pokemon's number" * "10" + "offset of evolution table" = "Evolution bank for pokemon X".

So, you would have to rewrite the routine to multiply by 16 instead of 10 and then rewrite the entire table to have 8 evolutions for each pokemon.

Now, you could also branch the evolution routine when it is an eevee to go to a separate routine which will run a new code specifically for the new evolutions.

All of these require ASM.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 20th, 2013 at 03:53 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

I'm not strong in ASM hacking...

Old April 20th, 2013, 05:15 AM
QuartierGenerale

So thousand of people are hacking ruby, but no one known which flags are safe? So many hack will have script problems

Thanks anyway karatekid

ps. You will be present as a character in my hack
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:27 AM
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuartierGenerale View Post
So thousand of people are hacking ruby, but no one known which flags are safe? So many hack will have script problems

Thanks anyway karatekid

ps. You will be present as a character in my hack
Well, people know, they just don't have a list:p. If you are erasing events, steal that event's flag. Look around at scripts and see if the are similar to FR's and judge what flags are safe and such from that.

You're welcome!

p.s. Awesome!

Paired with Simba
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by karatekid552 View Post
It is possible, but you would have to rewrite the entire evolution checking routine. You see, all evolutions are stored in a pool of data. There are 2 bytes per evolution, so 10 bytes per pokemon, and every 10 bytes is a new pokemons data. The game basically does this: "pokemon's number" * "10" + "offset of evolution table" = "Evolution bank for pokemon X".
Sorry, but this is just wrong. Each Pokémon has 5 evolutions, yes, but the data length for a single evolution is 8 bytes, not 2.

So each species has 40 bytes, as opposed to the 10 that you proclaim.
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Synchronous
Hacking is moving to the cloud.
Community Supporter

So I have heard that removing script data from a ROM directly with a Hex Editor will corrupt the game. I have seen instances of this in the Generation III games, and I was wondering if something like this could be reversed, or if merely deleting the script data was incomplete, thereby corrupting data by a null pointer.

Thanks,
~Tosaka
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:32 AM
GoGoJJTech
GoGo

Where IS the offset of the evolution table? For FR that is

EDIT: Cool! Tosaka and I replied at the same time! High five

Pokémon Platinum Red and Blue

Join me in the chat! Get help or just talk, I really don't care :D | Click here: http://chat.linkandzelda.com:9090/?c...omhacking,GoGo
Old April 20th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Ok. I have Another Question. Really Two questions. <Important but I do not found any cleary answer>

1. How can I add Pokedex Entries for 25 Empty Slots?
2. How can i add cries for 25 empty slots?

I really need it to continue my Pokemon Ruby Extension.

Old April 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
TweenyTodd
Quitting cuz i got a job

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Ok. I have Another Question. Really Two questions. <Important but I do not found any cleary answer>

Theres been so many tuts on this its not even funny.
Q1: Tutorial
and if u can't read that: a different one
Q2: A different tut
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Q1 - I do not ask about CHANGING EXISTING pokedex Entries. But I ask about add new Pokedex Entry to one of Empty Places <Which normaly do not have Pokedex Entry>

Q2 - That same task. I do not want change existing Cry. But I want add new cry to empty placeholders....

It is to hard to understand.

Old April 20th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:

1) I'm sorry to tell you that extending the Pokédex on Ruby and Sapphire (and possibly Emerald) is very impractical. Unlike FireRed, which handles everything through a Malloc (Memory Allocation), RS both use manual pointers to point to data necessary for operation of the Pokédex, which directly follows the Pokédex data itself!

What this means, in laymen's terms, is that you would have to change some 40-50 pointers (including some ASM) to make it work. I know, I tried.

2) This requires some very basic hex editing and a table repoint/extension. I don't know the location, but unless the code is drastically different from FR, which I doubt, then it's as easy as what I said.
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Is there any method to add new Cry Pointer to empty Place holders?

Old April 20th, 2013, 01:44 PM
verysuperfamous
Unhatched Egg

Is there any way to change which area something is grouped in? I know how to change warps/names but I mean having a building originally in Pallet Town listed as part Viridian City group for example.
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote:
Originally Posted by verysuperfamous View Post
Is there any way to change which area something is grouped in? I know how to change warps/names but I mean having a building originally in Pallet Town listed as part Viridian City group for example.

Well you can create a new map under Viridian City using the preferences of Pallet Town so that it will look like it. So just press Ctrl+H and copy everything to your new map and it should be good.

Although there's an easier way, if you're not gonna use Pallet Town anymore just name it Viridian City and have the warp from the original one to there.
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Quote:
If you're using A-Map, see the drop down box in the header page? It's beside the rename box?

Click that and select your new map name. It's that easy. Sadly, that functionality isn't exactly obvious, it took me several weeks when I was learning A-Map to figure that out.
Old April 20th, 2013, 04:06 PM
verysuperfamous
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowraze View Post
Well you can create a new map under Viridian City using the preferences of Pallet Town so that it will look like it. So just press Ctrl+H and copy everything to your new map and it should be good.

Although there's an easier way, if you're not gonna use Pallet Town anymore just name it Viridian City and have the warp from the original one to there.
Thanks, I mean more of a regroup a building/area I have changed the warp to into a group with its new warp area amap, if that makes sense just to make it easier to modify.

Also how does one edit wild pokemon on a route? And add 4th/5th gen into Fire Red?
Old April 20th, 2013, 05:17 PM
karatekid552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo51 View Post
Sorry, but this is just wrong. Each Pokémon has 5 evolutions, yes, but the data length for a single evolution is 8 bytes, not 2.

So each species has 40 bytes, as opposed to the 10 that you proclaim.
Well, I just going off memory, so I was wrong:p shoot me:D

Quote:
Thanks, I mean more of a regroup a building/area I have changed the warp to into a group with its new warp area amap, if that makes sense just to make it easier to modify.

Also how does one edit wild pokemon on a route? And add 4th/5th gen into Fire Red?
You go to the wild Pokemon tab in A-map on the route.

Ummm... like... expanding them? You would have to repoint a lot of data and change a lot of things in order to add new ones. Jambo51 is in the process of making a hack base with all 649 pokemon, which will be great when it is done. You can also replace existing pokemon, which is much easier.

Paired with Simba

Last edited by karatekid552; April 20th, 2013 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old April 21st, 2013, 12:37 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

How can I add new Pointers from placeholders <Position 252-276> in Pokemon Ruby?

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:22 AM
robin22gongon

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
Guys! Newbie question here!

How does new hacks implement animated tree tiles and everything?

Last edited by robin22gongon; April 21st, 2013 at 01:28 AM.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:02 AM
~Anbuja
Let's Keep It Simple

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to ~Anbuja
Quote:
Originally Posted by robin22gongon View Post
Guys! Newbie question here!

How does new hacks implement animated tree tiles and everything?
They create they're own animation.
And insert the animation as a normal animation with Lu-Ho's animeditor.
Google it.
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:56 AM
Ksiazek Bartlomiej
Rejishan awake...

Anyone finaly answer for my question?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links