Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 24th, 2013 (03:20 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Nature: Quiet
Quote originally posted by karatekid552:
Edit: I have looked at it, and yes, you are correct. The data is just copied over. Now, you need to learn about pokemon data encryption and how the PID works. This is what controls gender. Please note that this won't be easy, but it can be done.
The PID isn't encrypted. However, modifying the PID also modifies the nature and such, so it's not as easy as you make it out to be, sadly.
Old April 24th, 2013 (03:33 PM).
karatekid552
What happens if I push it?....

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Jambo51:
The PID isn't encrypted. However, modifying the PID also modifies the nature and such, so it's not as easy as you make it out to be, sadly.
I just said it won't be easy:p. Also, I know that the PID isn't encrypted. However, it is part of the encryption key, so you will have to know about that in order to edit it. Right?

Jambo: we should just rewrite this whole Pokemon loading business to be completely unencrypted and super simple.XD

DonDon151: these three pages will help you a lot:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_data_structure_in_Generation_III
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_data_substructures_in_the_GBA

Paired with Simba
Old April 24th, 2013 (03:40 PM).
Rervilo
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quirky
I believe that you may have corrupted the map palettes, which you can restore, but it will take some time and effort. The best and easiest way is to go back to a back-up and make them quite frequently.
Well that's unfortunate. Ah well, thanks anyway.
Old April 24th, 2013 (07:23 PM).
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Hey guys just wondering how to edit the mums faint script. I have decompiled the mums offset it and can't find it at all.

2) And I have no idea how to apply "movesprite2". It never seems to permanently move the person event no. I choose.

eg 'movesprite2 0x01 0x03 0x03' does not work, in fact it doesn't even move the person at all.
Old April 24th, 2013 (08:47 PM).
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by kearnseyboy6:
2) And I have no idea how to apply "movesprite2". It never seems to permanently move the person event no. I choose.

eg 'movesprite2 0x01 0x03 0x03' does not work, in fact it doesn't even move the person at all.
Based on experience, [movesprite2] works well on level scripts only.
e.g. when you enter a new map, the level script will run and [movesprite2] will happen, depending on your code as well.

Based on experience as well, it doesn't seem to work on person/script tile script events, only on level scripts.

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old April 25th, 2013 (01:34 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

I just said it won't be easy:p. Also, I know that the PID isn't encrypted. However, it is part of the encryption key, so you will have to know about that in order to edit it. Right?
You'd need to update the checksum certainly, and I think you'd need to re-do the encrypted data accordingly. Or, you could just work out the new PID and have the encrypter do all that for you. What did you think the encrypter was for?

Obviously, once you have a suitable Pokémon in game, you can then copy that data into the ROM for the purposes you want.

Jambo: we should just rewrite this whole Pokemon loading business to be completely unencrypted and super simple.XD
Someone I know has already done so. However it carries issues in terms of compatibility with other ROMs, so it's not ideal.
Old April 25th, 2013 (02:02 AM).
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Quote:
This is due to the way palettes overwrite each other. I have done a lot of research on this but I have yet to be able to control how palettes decide which one's stay and which get booted. You see, there are only 16 palette slots for OAM's and in the OW data, you can chose which slot the OW's palette will take up. You can also control which OW palettes get preference to a slot over another, though I haven't quite figured it out.
So does it means that I can't add new palettes for OWs?

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old April 25th, 2013 (02:29 AM). Edited April 25th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Send a message via AIM to karatekid552 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to karatekid552 Send a message via Skype™ to karatekid552
Quote originally posted by Aryan143:
So does it means that I can't add new palettes for OWs?
No, you can, you just need to learn more about OW data and how it works. The most current table I have seen is here:
Spoiler:
which came with JPAN's instructions for his Hacked Engine.

You'd need to update the checksum certainly, and I think you'd need to re-do the encrypted data accordingly. Or, you could just work out the new PID and have the encrypter do all that for you. What did you think the encrypter was for?

Obviously, once you have a suitable Pokémon in game, you can then copy that data into the ROM for the purposes you want.
What is the encryptor? If it a program which will create new Pokemon with correct checksums and such, then I have wasted a lot of time.....

Someone I know has already done so. However it carries issues in terms of compatibility with other ROMs, so it's not ideal.
I was more just joking, but that is pretty cool.

Paired with Simba
Old April 26th, 2013 (12:14 AM).
dondon151

In the Move Tutor Editor, there are slots for 16 moves. However, it seems that enabling a move in the last slot to be learnable by any given Pokemon renders all Move Tutor moves learnable by that Pokemon. Does that mean that there can only be 15 Move Tutor moves in FireRed?
Old April 26th, 2013 (02:25 PM). Edited April 26th, 2013 by LaDestitute.
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

Nature: Calm
I've got a question: Is it possible, or if so, how do I add new Pokemon (adding +60 new Pokemon/Fakemon) without replacing existing ones? I prefer to if I could, since I don't really want to replace existing Pokemon. I've only used tools (mostly sprite editors, and PokeEditPro/YAPE) so far to rom hack, so I have very little hex editing experience but I have a small amount of programming experience, so I could catch on pretty fast.

I'm also using Jambo's 649 patch with FireRed, but I'm still figuring out the workings of that. I mean, I did patch properly and it works fine aside from issues with PEP/YAPE reading the rom.

I've done several searches and looked through the research/development and tutorial sub-forums, but can't find anything useful. I did find one tutorial, but that was with replacing ??? Pokemon. I've seen tutorials/guides for adding new items, moves, and such, and yet none for actually adding new Pokemon.
Old April 26th, 2013 (02:25 PM).
RoboBadnik
Unhatched Egg

When editing the Rival's OWs with Fire Red, during the lab sequence, the rival doesn't display his turning sprite or backwards sprite, instead constantly facing the camera while sliding along the floor. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with NSE?
Old April 26th, 2013 (02:52 PM).
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Quote originally posted by LaDestitute:
I've got a question: Is it possible, or if so, how do I add new Pokemon (adding +60 new Pokemon/Fakemon) without replacing existing ones? I prefer to if I could, since I don't really want to replace existing Pokemon. I've only used tools (mostly sprite editors, and PokeEditPro/YAPE) so far to rom hack, so I have very little hex editing experience but I have a small amount of programming experience, so I could catch on pretty fast.

I'm also using Jambo's 649 patch with FireRed, but I'm still figuring out the workings of that. I mean, I did patch properly and it works fine aside from issues with PEP/YAPE reading the rom.

I've done several searches and looked through the research/development and tutorial sub-forums, but can't find anything useful. I did find one tutorial, but that was with replacing ??? Pokemon. I've seen tutorials/guides for adding new items, moves, and such, and yet none for actually adding new Pokemon.
Well you can ask Jambo about repointing the pokemon table for more pokemon. But as of now you can't use the 649 patch for hacks.

Quote originally posted by RoboBadnik:
When editing the Rival's OWs with Fire Red, during the lab sequence, the rival doesn't display his turning sprite or backwards sprite, instead constantly facing the camera while sliding along the floor. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong with NSE?
Erm, can you explain a bit more in this? Like posting an image or something?

From what I read I think that you have somehow messed up the order of the frames try doing following the order of frames from the game.
Old April 26th, 2013 (02:55 PM).
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

Ah, I was just messing around with the 649 patch/checking it out for testing purposes. Anyhow, I'll just stick with the original GBA set. Another thing to ask, since I want to learn how to do it myself: How would I repoint the Pokemon table myself to add more new Pokemon slots? It couldn't that be that hard, but still since I'm new to hex editing, I could use a bit of help.
Old April 26th, 2013 (03:38 PM).
Shadowraze
Love and Peace

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Shadowraze
Ah, I was just messing around with the 649 patch/checking it out for testing purposes. Anyhow, I'll just stick with the original GBA set. Another thing to ask, since I want to learn how to do it myself: How would I repoint the Pokemon table myself to add more new Pokemon slots? It couldn't that be that hard, but still since I'm new to hex editing, I could use a bit of help.
Well personally I haven't tried extending the number of Pokemon Firered has. As far as I know only Jambo has successfully done it so go and try ask him.

Though I do know you have to find the Pokemon Data and copy the whole table and copy paste it to free space and then change the pointer that directs to the original table and I think it should work then.
Old April 26th, 2013 (03:58 PM). Edited April 26th, 2013 by karatekid552.
karatekid552

Quote originally posted by RoboBadnik:
Like Tajaro... I mean "Shadowraze":p said, it could be an order problem with the frames, which is the most likely reason. However, there is also the chance that you screwed up the animation pointer. This is what allows the game to animate the sprite. Go into Options->Preferences in that sprite and see if it is correct when compared to a clean rom.

I'm pretty sure there are a couple of threads lying around in the R&D section dealing with this. There won't be any tutorials just yet since Jambo (and Chaos Rush, but he abandoned his project a while back to work on other things) have done it.

Paired with Simba
Old April 26th, 2013 (04:11 PM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

It couldn't that be that hard
It couldn't that be that hard
AHAHAHA! You've gotta be kidding me! It's far harder than you're making it out to be. There's a reason I chose to make a patch rather than write a tutorial on it!
Old April 26th, 2013 (04:23 PM).
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

AHAHAHA! You've gotta be kidding me! It's far harder than you're making it out to be. There's a reason I chose to make a patch rather than write a tutorial on it!
I'm pretty new to rom hacking, okay? I'm still figuring this out, so cut me some slack. You didn't have to reply with such a rude and condescending answer.
Old April 26th, 2013 (05:04 PM). Edited April 26th, 2013 by robin22gongon.
robin22gongon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
I'm pretty new to rom hacking, okay? I'm still figuring this out, so cut me some slack. You didn't have to reply with such a rude and condescending answer.
LOL Jambo51 wasn't being rude. He was just stating facts. Even I tried it but miserably failed.
Old April 26th, 2013 (05:13 PM).
LaDestitute
Razor Sharp

Quote originally posted by robin22gongon:
LOL Jambo51 wasn't being rude. He was just stating facts. Even I tried it but miserably failed.
Ah, I see.
Sorry Jambo, but it was the "AHAHAHA! You've gotta be kidding me!" that set me off. No hard feelings anyway. I was just curious and wanting to know if it was possible, that's all.

Since I'm only adding an amount of new Pokemon equal to nearly 1/2 of Gen I, I suppose that gives me some leverage on deciding on which Pokemon to keep if I really have to stick to #386.
Old April 26th, 2013 (07:49 PM).
robin22gongon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to robin22gongon
How do I make a certain Pokemon behave like this:

When a ball is thrown and you successfully catch it, you keep it.

When a ball is thrown and it breaks out, it will flee.

Is there a possible way to do this?

And does anyone have a copy of the ASM code they used in the Legit Patch for FR? I wanted to "investigate" it.
Old April 27th, 2013 (02:41 AM).
Jambo51
Glory To Arstotzka

Ah, I see.
Sorry Jambo, but it was the "AHAHAHA! You've gotta be kidding me!" that set me off. No hard feelings anyway. I was just curious and wanting to know if it was possible, that's all.

Since I'm only adding an amount of new Pokemon equal to nearly 1/2 of Gen I, I suppose that gives me some leverage on deciding on which Pokemon to keep if I really have to stick to #386.
No offence taken on my side, sir, and I apologise for wording my response the way I did. It's just that single line which I found genuinely funny. It's sadly not even close to being as simple as repointing some tables. There's a lot of hard work involved, a lot of ASM and such. It's not the sort of project that someone who is new to ROM hacking takes on.

However, my patch is nearing completion, and you, and all hackers, will be welcome to use it once it is complete!
Old April 27th, 2013 (04:15 AM).
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Oh, that's great news Jambo! I was so close to extending it by myself but theres just one limiter left that just keeps burmy's name for every pokemon up to 493. Well, at least you are almost done. But will Jpan's hacked engine still be compatible? I really have been wondering for a long time about that.
Old April 27th, 2013 (06:23 AM).
kearnseyboy6
Aussie's Toughest Mudder

Hey guys, just wondering is there a list of which items are which flag ID? I don't really want to search 10's of items just to find the max repel one.

And I don't want to create new items, when flags are limited in the game...
Old April 27th, 2013 (08:13 AM).
karatekid552

Quote originally posted by kearnseyboy6:
Hey guys, just wondering is there a list of which items are which flag ID? I don't really want to search 10's of items just to find the max repel one.

And I don't want to create new items, when flags are limited in the game...
I'm pretty sure it is in here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6829256&postcount=158

Paired with Simba
Old April 27th, 2013 (09:09 AM).
GoGoJJTech
http://GoGoJJTech.com (WIP!)
Community Supporter

Is there a way to add extra tile pallets? The ones you use in Advance map i mean. I'd like to add houses, but with different pallets. I already used the existing ones, so any way to add more? ASM seems to solve life's problems, maybe it requires ASM.

Sponsored Links