The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2007 (12:22 PM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

Nature: Calm
We've discussed it and decided it's a great idea, thanks for suggesting it. ^^ We're now working out what cards we should have and the things they can be used for in the game. Stay tuned!
Old December 31st, 2007 (01:48 PM).
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nevermore~ View Post
We've discussed it and decided it's a great idea, thanks for suggesting it. We're now working out what cards we should have and the things they can be used for in the game. Stay tuned!
You know, it is a good idea, and I'm glad you are including it. I had a similar idea for my Yu-Gi-Oh! Library (which is on hold due to the need to rebuild it from the ground up), in which you could actually use Yu-Gi-Oh! cards in a battle with effects similar to what they have in the game. (For example, the card Raigeki would be a very rare card that eliminates all opposing monsters, like in the real card game, while I wouldn't include Dark Hole, which, if added, would not only kill the opposing monsters, it would kill your party as well)

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old January 1st, 2008 (04:38 AM).
blazefire
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
great glad you guys liked the idea , cant wait to see how you guys implement it, lol hope it goes well, cant wait for the update with it

lol id love to help with games and hacks as a story/ idea develepor ( im full of them), lol pm me
Old January 1st, 2008 (10:11 PM).
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

Nature: Quirky
Maybe have a sort of card market- cards can be sold, and, week-by-week, their prices change as they become more/less common.
Old January 2nd, 2008 (01:04 AM).
La_Branette
Will die of sleep deprivation.

Send a message via Skype™ to La_Branette
Ah, great to see the thread isn't dying. For some reason it felt that Vavavoom had a more enthusiastic take on the game than you, Nevermore. But I guess it was probably because his posts were bigger in size. :D

Old January 2nd, 2008 (11:21 AM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

XD Probably cos i'm new, i don't know anyone, i don't know how people act here. And i don't make such big posts cos vav had acess to maps because he made them, if i want maps i have to ask, and what i make takes up less space. And i'd like to do something i discussed with vav earlier last year... A fake designing contest. If i held that, the prize being your fake being sprited and put into the game, how mnay people would be interested? The drawing doesn't have to be perfect, just a good general idea.
Old January 2nd, 2008 (11:29 AM).
blazefire
Beginning Trainer

that would defently be fun a fake contest , lol wish i could creat fakes id love to see it in the game

lol id love to help with games and hacks as a story/ idea develepor ( im full of them), lol pm me
Old January 2nd, 2008 (12:36 PM). Edited January 3rd, 2008 by ~Nevermore~.
~Nevermore~
Trainer

Then it's settled. Anyone who wants to enter, send your deigns by pm to me. The fake must be one stage (not legend), can be any type, and can be drawn on paint or drawn by hand and scanned. The staff will judge, and the winner will be sprited, have stats drawn up, and be put into the game!
Old January 3rd, 2008 (03:37 PM).
xbtran
Beginning Trainer

I thikn the contest will build more hype for people. It seems like this has gotten pretty dead.. but glad to know you're still working on it! The evolutions look great by the way (the water one reminds me of Latios). I think that it would be great if everyone could see the entries, but the judges will decide the winner without revealing the winner, only to find out who won after beating the Elite Four (or the equivalent to them if not Elite Four is present) or after a certain quest.
Old January 4th, 2008 (01:07 AM).
blazefire
Beginning Trainer

I do admit it would be nice to see the entrents, but thats up to you guys, be nice to see all what people can do

Old January 4th, 2008 (05:05 AM).
La_Branette
Will die of sleep deprivation.

Send a message via Skype™ to La_Branette
Wonderful! So by one stage, I'm assuming you mean just one pokemon? Ahehehe, I've been drawing fakemon for a while now...

Old January 4th, 2008 (06:35 AM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

Yes, just one pokemon. When i have a few more entries i'll set up a public photobucket account so you can see them ^^ Come on people, only one entry so far.
(sidenote: sprites can be entrered, but know that they'll be redone to match the game style [and also match their own new backsprite])

In development news, the demo's progressing well. We've decided on the team you can test in it (you'll have set pokemon in the demo like the DP preveiws) and the programming is going great too. We're also now making the introduction sequence, as people may be playing fairly soon ^^
Old January 4th, 2008 (10:14 AM).
Glitchfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Nevermore~ View Post
Yes, just one pokemon. When i have a few more entries i'll set up a public photobucket account so you can see them Come on people, only one entry so far.
(sidenote: sprites can be entrered, but know that they'll be redone to match the game style [and also match their own new backsprite])

In development news, the demo's progressing well. We've decided on the team you can test in it (you'll have set pokemon in the demo like the DP preveiws) and the programming is going great too. We're also now making the introduction sequence, as people may be playing fairly soon
You know, I just entered a sprite and types. Maybe because I know that my Pokemon wouldn't be accepted with the moves I chose for it. I like it, and I'm sure I'll like the other entries as well. Also, I've been waiting for quite a while for someone to comment on your name, ~Nevermore~. Why hasn't anyone noticed (and commented on) the classic Poe reference? I got it the first time VavaVoom mentioned you...

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old January 4th, 2008 (02:39 PM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

XD As one of my friends once said, i'm not referancing the raven, the raven was referancing me.
Old January 18th, 2008 (02:45 PM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

^^ need more contest entrants, people! the dex is alost done, so get designing, send you pictures to me, the other judges are dying to see!
Old February 2nd, 2008 (07:07 PM).
Tyler
PHP Scripter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tyler Send a message via Yahoo to Tyler Send a message via Skype™ to Tyler
I think I might try and submit a design, see if i am any good at designing things for games.
Old February 7th, 2008 (12:01 PM). Edited February 23rd, 2008 by ~Nevermore~.
~Nevermore~
Trainer

Yay, more entrants! My inbox was full, sorry if anyone's sent something and i haven't replied to confirm it. PLease resend if this is the case ^^

News (of a not entirely game developmental sort): we now have a sugimori artist! That's right, the game's characters are being wonderfully done, and we'll oneday have a sugimori-style art dex!
Old February 19th, 2008 (05:56 AM).
blazefire
Beginning Trainer

HEy guys just thought id check and see how things are going, oh yah i was wondering when well get to see the contest entrys

Old February 23rd, 2008 (01:24 PM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

^^ i'll show the contest entries when they've been judged and the winners and runners up chosen. i'll also be revealing a new shadow or peice of information for each entry!
for the last entrant i got:

(for those who might have seen this: please don't spoil the surprise for everyone else ^^)

we also have more people on our team for art, trainers, all kinds of lovely things. welcome houndoomed, hark, jake, and criptexa!
Old February 23rd, 2008 (01:55 PM).
.houndoomed
Trainer

Hehe, I never thought before that I'd ever be part of Gale! Thanks so much for letting me on ^^

But there is some bad news, I already told Vav on MSN. I will not have the 'surprise' until after my game's demo has been released because I have so much other stuff to do, so it might be a week until you see it. Should be worth the wait though!
Old February 23rd, 2008 (03:37 PM).
Glitchfinder

I'm just wondering, did you get my entry? I could always provide more info.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old February 24th, 2008 (12:53 PM).
~Nevermore~
Trainer

Yeah, i got your entry, you were the first one. It has plenty info, thanks ^^
Old February 24th, 2008 (02:11 PM).
Tyrantrum
none pizza with left beef
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Tyrantrum
It says that all of the routes will be open tomorrow.
What does that mean?
Is it the end of the demo?

(x) Tumblr
(y) Gallery
Previously Eeveon
Old February 24th, 2008 (03:56 PM).
j.a
awesomenesses!

i only have one thing to say :

Go pilador!

Help Pokemon aquamarine version!
Old February 26th, 2008 (12:49 PM).