The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2007, 04:56 AM
light_trainer921
Flamethrower Helper

According to Serebii, it has been confirmed that the 3rd game is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2. Disscuss.
Old March 20th, 2007, 06:58 AM
c_dog
Advanced Trainer

i hate to be a downer but this sucks major donkey ass.

They just released mystery dungeon not too long ago and the game wasn't even that good.. I am one of the many who found the game rather boring.. Pokemon Ranger was a much much better game.

I was hoping for a Yellow remake, and while i wasn't as high on GSC remakes they sure as hell are a lot better than this. Even a 3rd D/P generation RPG would be awesome.. I don't think i'm getting this game. Mystery Dungeon 1 was a waste of time for me and i'm not going to waste anymore time or money.

Pikachu+Heracross+Venasaur+Blastoise+Charizard+Snorlax = Dream Team
^ This ash team is invincible
Proud member of the "Clan".

explosions on snorlax: 4 and counting ;;
Old March 20th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Auron
Legendary Guardian

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Auron
Nah...

I was expecting some like Yellow, Crystal or Emerald...

Signature made by me, rip and you'll die.
My hatched Pokémon, now evolved
Please click and help me
T-Cards. Thank you! [A][K][AUTO]
My Youtube Channel

Go and join IFAnimeShrine. Please help my friend Hayate. Auron commands you to.

My MSN address is in my profile, add me if you want...
Spoiler:
My Bishies: Asuka Kazama (Tekken), Tira (SC3), Yuffie (Final Fantasy VII), Cissy (Pokémon), Lyn (Fire Emblem)
My Pairings:
My Claimed Songs: Makafushigi Adventure - Hiroki Takahashi (Dragon Ball Opening) - Sakura Saku - Megumi Hayashibara (Love Hina Opening)
My Claimed Pokémon:Tentacruel, Electabuzz, Wailord
My Claimed Pokémon Manga Characters: Blue, Sapphire, Berlitz
Younger Sister: Joyce~♥
Evil Twins with: Hayate
Younger Brother: MrDreavus
Old March 20th, 2007, 09:51 AM
ss5vegeta
Poke' God

This would be the 4th 4th gen game, after battle reolution.

I only raise Pokemon naturally, I don't raise them for worthless IVs and EVs. If you could care less about IVs and EVs, copy & paste this into your signature.

Spoiler:
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
Old March 20th, 2007, 10:28 AM
Yuri Lowell
one more time.

Nature: Brave
>> .... I still haven't beaten the first game, because it doesn't hold my interest for long enough. oO;

...So I'm too sure I'll get the second one, unless theres something better about it.
boy, you should know what you're fallin' for.
Old March 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Star Girl
Dragon Obsessed

Nature: Calm
I actually enjoyed the game and I beat it so more than likely I will buy the sequel whenever it comes out.

Old March 20th, 2007, 03:11 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I really liked the first game so I know I will like the second one. Getting all 493 Pokemon would be challenging but that will be great

~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:21 PM
Kuri-Chan ♪
Crystal Trainer

I'm with Queen Boo on this one. I loved Mystery Dungeon, and it's really fun. And I find it just as replayable as any other RPG game. Really, I didn't enjoy Ranger - it was TOO DIFFERENT. And once you beat the Ranger Net and got Manafy, it got boring, unless you liked to slave over the challenges.

Come and join the best club on the PC!

Formerly known as CrystalLatias
Old March 20th, 2007, 03:25 PM
ss5vegeta
Poke' God

will it continue on or be diffrent liek the other poke rpgs?

I only raise Pokemon naturally, I don't raise them for worthless IVs and EVs. If you could care less about IVs and EVs, copy & paste this into your signature.

Spoiler:

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
Old March 21st, 2007, 03:12 AM
c_dog
Advanced Trainer

what did you know.. 3 people actually liked the game :/ I guess some still enjoyed the game, alright. they're all females though (sorry if i appear sexist, my apologies if i offend).. what i mean is I guess dungeon is cute with tiny non-evolved pokemon running around attempting the rescue other pokemon, but it's not for me. I found it repetitive after the second mission though and the story was definitely lacking and the gameplay was very boring.. I mean you run into pokemon and you just keep hitting it. there was no strategy or whatever because wild pokemon usually faint within 2-3 hits, sometimes not even if you spend you time exploring the dugeons(even though they're not really worth exploring) and level up. it was a big yawn.

the missions in pokemon ranger were nothing(certainly not long enough or hard enough to tie you down). they were generally quite easy(and a lot of fun), even the extra missions where you capture celebi, mew, deoxy after you beat the game were pretty easy too. yeah, it's different, but hey, it fully utilizes the capabilities of DS which is excellent. I mean DS comes with an interactive touchpad, why not utilize it? using it to capture pokemon was definitely a breath of fresh air. if you didn't want to be tied down they always give you time off to do your own thing in between missions. pokemon rangers was, in my opinion, an excellent game. if only it were longer! i mean they only had 10 missions and they were all quite short, and i beat the game in just over 10 hours, 12 including the extra missions....

Pikachu+Heracross+Venasaur+Blastoise+Charizard+Snorlax = Dream Team
^ This ash team is invincible
Proud member of the "Clan".

explosions on snorlax: 4 and counting ;;
Old March 21st, 2007, 04:54 PM
Rinji
srsly.

I loved Mystery Dungeon ; I thought the story was great, it made me cry xD; (Although when I beat the story mode it was 3 am and I'm always weird if I've been up 'till the wee hours of the morning lol) But still, I find it rather fun x3 I'll probably buy the sequel.
I didn't like Ranger. To me it didn't feel like an actual pokemon game :/

Old March 21st, 2007, 11:52 PM
Scales
Man of Infinite Jest

Nature: Impish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinjii_Justvisiting View Post
I loved Mystery Dungeon ; I thought the story was great, it made me cry xD; (Although when I beat the story mode it was 3 am and I'm always weird if I've been up 'till the wee hours of the morning lol) But still, I find it rather fun x3 I'll probably buy the sequel.
I didn't like Ranger. To me it didn't feel like an actual pokemon game :/
I liked mystery dungeon. But the only thing I liked about it was its story. I mean it was really good since the main character is a human turned pokemon and such. But there were two very large pet peeves that may change my view

First: The game play SUCKED. I mean like it was mentioned it sucked so much that mostly random encounters were annoying rather then challenging. Because I was trying to find the exit from the dungeon and 5 pokemon come from behind and infront. My partner doesnt do anything and I have to spend an hour getting out of it.

Second.: The ending. The entire story was so freaken short. I mean in the story your character doesnt even evolve till after. The end of mystery dungeon also almost made me gag. I mean the protagonist leaves the pokemon world and leaves his partner behind. I mean come on that just sucked. The thing after the credits was probebly just a last resort from the ending. Like you could explore the game to get 100%. All you do is evolve then you just to random easy missions.

Overall I would only get the second game if it improved on al these things. You know I didnt even know how to use special attacks till halway through the story when I died. A simple tutorial wouldnt hurt either.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:36 AM
Dudedude
I am the Johto Man

It isnt confirmed yet..he said it could be...this isnt the first time two games' info has been released at the same time.
Old March 23rd, 2007, 04:55 AM
ss5vegeta
Poke' God

So only girls liked Mysterious Dungeon and didant like Ranger,

Spoiler:

Old March 23rd, 2007, 08:11 AM
Forci Stikane

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Forci Stikane Send a message via Yahoo to Forci Stikane
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss5vegeta View Post
So only girls liked Mysterious Dungeon and didant like Ranger,
*slaps*

I like Mystery Dungeon, actually. Yes, present tense. The battles are a bit "dull" compared to their original counterparts, yes, but there's more strategy involved in it, as well as actually a lot of stuff to do after the main story (which no Advanced Generation game can really say other than Emerald).
Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Alakazam17
I'm Too Nice. Deal With It.

Nature: Quirky
I got PMD & Ranger, and in my opinion, PMD is so much better. The many annoyances are what I'm hoping the 2nd version gets rid of. For instance, the Purity Forest is just awful, and Wish Cave isn't that much better. Sure, I think the "go back to Level 1" idea is interesting, we should not have to go through a 99 floor dungeon as such. *groans from the memory*

Sponsored Links