The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 21st, 2007, 03:33 PM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dash View Post
xD Wasn't a very good one. When I skimmed over the question marks I instantly thought "Pokémon Center." Love the idea of a camping system, awesome sprite as always. Your world seems very green though.. Perhaps use a few different colors?
I'll try, no promises tough... Well, I like the color green, as you may have noticed. XD

Sorry guys for no updates yesterday, but lady inspiration wasn't good for me plus I went out with the guys.

So in return I am going to talk to you about the PokeGear. The first thing you will notice about it that it serves as a clock (the screenshot is in the first post). Now, it won't always work, especially if you don't recharge it very often, because it runs on batteries, you can recharge them in any PokeCenter. It's second feature is the map/history (also in the first post). It's third feature is the PokePhone, witch also won't always work, depending on the signal strength. Then comes the PokeTV, witch will have a few downloadable shows (for learning) and a few regular show that won't need anything special. Then comes the calendar, and I made a new one (I'll show the screenshot later on in this post). And last, but not least, the Missions tab. It will include a description of the mission, the client and the organisation, you will be using this feature a lot as it is vital to your progress, not so much in the early game, but later on. Now not all of this features will be available for you when you get the PokeGear, actually only the clock feature will be available, so you will have to do things for some people in order to get the upgrades.

If you have any suggestions for the PokeGear, or you would like to see more features in it, just tell us your thoughts and we will try and make them reality.
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:44 PM
FlyingLetters
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
I must say, the graphics are AMAZING! The first time I saw this game, I knew that the game would be amazing. Although, I am worried that the game won't be ever finished... I suggest that you move to RMXP, but it's your game so do whatever you like . Well, keep it up!
Old April 21st, 2007, 08:49 PM
Zerus
Why >__<

This game looks great.

Good luck on it and I hope it doesn't die.

Yesums
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:20 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Well... We do need more spriters to help out, because the number of sprites we need to make is huge. And FOTM isn't going to be finished any time soon... About the RMXP thing, our knowledge of it is very limited, so in that case we wouldn't ever finish it XD

Thanks for your comments.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:30 AM
raubie
Beginning Trainer

Hello y'all,
I am working on the battle interface for fotm and I'd like to hear your opinions:

This is the battle interface with no choice selected:

This is it with a choice selected:

Of course the attack selection window only apears when the fight option is selected, same goes for the other options.
Darkpegasus and I have been thinking about giving the player the possibility to change the battle interface but we'll give more info 'bout that later.
Please post your opinions, thoughts, crits and comments
Old April 22nd, 2007, 05:54 AM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
It could use some shading and that green colour is kind of.. Ew. But otherwise it's nice.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:19 AM
raubie
Beginning Trainer

yeah, the green isn't final, I'm thinking about using a lighter green, also it will get some more shading (darkpegasus mentionend the same thing so I can't get around it xD) thanks for the crit

EDIT:
Made a lil' banner, nothing to special but it's useable:

code (ad a [ in front of this line)
img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/7566/sigsortafontpictureythinp0.png[/img]

Last edited by raubie; April 22nd, 2007 at 09:49 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:14 PM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Hi everybody.

We are now looking for a Staff member. We need one so we could publish a demo as soon as possible. So what qualities you must have? You must know a lot about the Pokemon World, that includes history, legends, facts, fun stuff... You must know how to write stories, and to collect information. So what would you job be? You'll be responsible for the "books" in the PA's library and some other story based places.
You don't need proof for your knowledge, but it would be nice if you PM me a link with your fan-fiction, previous works etc.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 04:04 AM
raubie
Beginning Trainer

I'm currently working on another battle interface (an alternative) because I'm starting to get the feeling that when you look at it for quite some time (and you will) it turns ugly... this might just be me going crazy but anyways I'm currently working on some other great stuff, should have it done by tomorrow or so.
Of course, comments are still apreciated
PS to DP: I won't be on msn for about the next 2 days (or at least not as much) And I'll have little time to work on the *map you asked for starting with an a* (incase it's a secret xD) If you finish the building I still need please send it to my gmail, thank you.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 08:30 PM
Zatch bell
Trainer ZX

wow! I love the graphic of the game! Keep up the good work!
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:17 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Thanx Zatch.

Well, guys I am proud to announce that we have a new staff member: micki0147 He will be a great addition to the team.

So, I have an update for you all... This time it's the full map of the first new town. It is a ranger town called Leto.

Yes, it is still closed off, but in the future it wont be, and yes I do realise that there is grass inside of it... But in this town there are no trainers, only rangers, so they live happily with Pokemon.

And on another update, I am have been drawing up the Menu for the last couple of days, and I am quite satisfied how it is turning out, so I'll be sending it to Neo probably tomorrow, and I hope you will like it too.
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
I like the idea of the Ranger town and the ranger graphics fit in nicely..... very unique look.

PM that menu design pics whenever you are ready. PMing will be easier then on MSN as files don't always send on that

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old April 28th, 2007, 01:50 PM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

I have a small update and some questions for you.

First, the update:

We have mapped/sprited out Cherrygrove, here are some screens:

Tell me what do you think about the PC/Mart, should I make them more traditional, or should they be the same as other buildings in town (with certain themes in some)?

And witch one do you think is better:

Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:15 AM
raubie
Beginning Trainer

same as other buildings with some themes sometimes.
Also, I think the left one is better, nice job Darkpegasus!
BTW: Is that a surf engine I see there?
Old May 3rd, 2007, 11:26 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Well... It isn't exactly a system... But rather a very simple event... But I plan on changing that...
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:55 AM
GrieVelorn
Fire!!

i can help i've allready sent a pm describing what i can do
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:06 AM
brendan mc
{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}

Send a message via AIM to brendan mc Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brendan mc
nice update i see you have extended the water there too!

My Diamond
-----------------
Name: Brendan
Friend Code: 4940-2222-8629

My PBR
------------
Name is: BRENDAN
Friend Code: 2406-3891-1024
Scotland,Uk,Europe

Old May 4th, 2007, 04:13 AM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Yeah I have, it's a new road... It leads to a very special city ; )

[Announcement] We have a new team member, Brendan mc, who will be rewamping Pokemon battle sprites.

Last edited by DarkPegasus; May 5th, 2007 at 01:08 PM.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:17 PM
dude32045
Beginning Trainer

Can I Join I want to help you guys and the game development it looks interesting.

Oh yeah its sounds like you need more people to help.

Last edited by Avatar; May 7th, 2007 at 03:28 AM.
Old May 7th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Savant

Please do not double post. If you have anything further to add, use the edit button.
Old May 8th, 2007, 02:22 PM
Toshibashin
Beginning Trainer

The screenshots are splendid, a play which has future, because there is a beautiful mapping, it is nice lol
Old May 12th, 2007, 12:04 PM
DarkPegasus
~ Stargazer ~

Thanks for the comments Toshibashin

So, guys, I have a very small update for you, well two actually:

First, I made a site template, check it out here:

http://www.freewebs.com/pfotm/index.htm

And tell me what you think.

Second, here is a template of the menu:

I'm going to thank Neo, again, for doing it for me. So how do you like it so far?
Old May 13th, 2007, 12:00 PM
raubie
Beginning Trainer

I like them both! Nice job on the site man, looks awesome!
Sorry for not getting in touch with you lately, kinda busy with school,
Familly and my own game Anyway, I should have the battle system ready soon, depends on when I have the time to make those stupid 25 pictures <_< I'm so lazy XD
Old May 13th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Again, No problem. If you need any other help, feel free to ask me.
I like your site too, you should finish that off aswell as your game .

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old May 17th, 2007, 12:14 AM
GrieVelorn
Fire!!

hey it's me posting an update on the base system, i am working on the removal event and the pack up event then move on to the random rock placements but i have got the placement stuff all done(for the most part still have some bugs to work out) and the computer it self
If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo loser, copy and paste this into your signature.
Started by Blaziken Lover.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here