The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum

Notices

ARCHIVED: Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum This forum is archived.
Own Pokémon Diamond or Pearl? Just bought Platinum? This is the place to discuss the fourth generation of Pokémon games, be it whether you need help, have anything to rant about, or would like to share your experiences in these games.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 10th, 2009, 03:37 AM
Horizon
The wanderer.
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm

Welcome to the Official Generation IV Question and Answer Thread!

This thread is a consolidated area where all simple questions about the Diamond, Pearl and Platinum versions can be asked.

So what should I post here?

As you should all know, the main body of the forum is the place to submit threads that will create discussion amongst the other members of the forum, and submitting threads to ask a simple question simply pushes these worthwhile discussions down the page and out of view. So basically, any question that would get the same or similar answers from everybody who replies should be asked in this thread, as they will not create any discussion whatsoever. You can also use this thread to ask if your Pokémon is legitimate or not.

What about my team?

In-game teams should be posted in the In-Game Team Help subforum. Team rates for competitive teams should be asked in the Strategies and Movesets forum.

Well, that’s it! Thanks for using the thread, and don’t forget to ask the kind chaps who look at this thread for help if you need it!

Breeding Questions

What's acceptable in this thread. Here are some examples:
  • How do you get <insert egg move> on <random Pokemon>?
  • Why isn't <Pokemon> breeding with <Pokemon>?
  • What item do I need to breed <Pokemon>?

Questions about soft resetting are also acceptable here.

Here's a rundown of some of the more common questions:
  • Can you breed a Shiny Pokemon from Shiny Parents? The Answer is No.
  • How does one pass on TM from parent to child? The Father must know the move and the child must be capable of learning the TM.
Ex-D/P/P Moderator ~ FC: 1547-5175-5150

Last edited by Aurafire; May 5th, 2010 at 01:31 PM. Reason: in-game team link
Old March 10th, 2009, 04:09 AM
Inferno1
Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Jolly
Cause im like broke and i need money for ultra balls and max repels Fast

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 10th, 2009, 06:01 AM
Abbandon
Beginning Trainer

i'd guess the best way to make money would be to use vs seeker and fight trainers again.. or do pokemon league again if you're that far and if you have high level pokemon to do it quickly and easily.
Old March 10th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno1 View Post
Depends.

You can easily get money with the Amulet Coin and re-battle trainers with the Vs. Seeker.
Old March 10th, 2009, 09:04 AM
.Nighthawk.
guardian of pokemon

Nature: Lonely
a good way to get loads of money is to go underground and spend sometime digging up treasures and selling them when you get back to the land
Old March 10th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Chuchan
Cute and full of royalty

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chuchan
Ok the thing is I have a Tyrogue egg. When it hatches I'll like to evolve it to a Hitmontop. But the thing is I know its attack and defence have to be equal. Any tips of doing this?

FC: 0560 2345 9670
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:08 AM
You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Send a message via AIM to You're Gonna Go Far Kid! Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to You're Gonna Go Far Kid! Send a message via Skype™ to You're Gonna Go Far Kid!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuchan View Post
Ok the thing is I have a Tyrogue egg. When it hatches I'll like to evolve it to a Hitmontop. But the thing is I know its attack and defence have to be equal. Any tips of doing this?
Use plenty of vitamins to try to maintain equal attack+Defense on him.If you're not ready at lvl 20,make him hold an everstone and remove it when he'd ready,then level up.
You should ask yourself this....
Would YOU want to see a Machoke without pants on....
Sometimes, it is best not to ask questions.
Old March 10th, 2009, 11:37 AM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
Quote:
By the Backlot mansion, there are two trainers: A Socialite and a Gentleman. They use a Roselia and a Chatot respectively. For beating them when their Pokemon are lv. 60 (this will require a few VS Seeker rematches beforehand), you get 24000 each. Holding an Amulet Coin doubles the amount of money. This is an easy way to grind for money since these Pokemon are generally easy to KO.

Quote:
I suggest that you train it to lv. 19 first. Then, if its stats aren't equal, use Proteins or Irons, depending on your needs, to boost the lower stat until they are both equal. If it doesn't work the first time, try again on the next level until you succeed.

If you plan on EV training it, I suggest that you use the EV reduction berries such as Pomeg, Kelpsy, and Tamato. So you can make sure what EVs you're Hitmontop is getting. If not, then just ignore this part.

Old March 10th, 2009, 11:59 AM
wolf

Quote:
Elite Four, just battle them over and over, each one of them provides tons of money.
Quote:
As everyone said, vitamins such as Proteins and Iron, get them at Veilstone Department Store, and to get the money to buy them, see what I stated above.
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:24 PM
matt561
Your French Charizard

Nature: Quirky
Yes I know im a Noob but I need some help.

I am stuck on my Pokemon pearl and i really dont know what to do.

I currently have 4 Gym badges and im trying to get into the Heartstone one but of course she isent there. This is because i havent got that potion for the psyducks because cythia isent at the lake.

Now from my very reliable source I have learnt that this is because I first need to empty the Veilstone Team galactic building BUT....

I dont have the HQ key.

Where and if not how can i find a way of doing this.

Thanks
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Chuchan
Cute and full of royalty

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chuchan
Thanks a lot everyone . I'll try your suggestions

FC: 0560 2345 9670
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:37 PM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt561 View Post
Yes I know im a Noob but I need some help.

I am stuck on my Pokemon pearl and i really dont know what to do.

I currently have 4 Gym badges and im trying to get into the Heartstone one but of course she isent there. This is because i havent got that potion for the psyducks because cythia isent at the lake.

Now from my very reliable source I have learnt that this is because I first need to empty the Veilstone Team galactic building BUT....

I dont have the HQ key.

Where and if not how can i find a way of doing this.

Thanks
Did you chase after the grunt in Pastoria City that leads to Cynthia?
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:44 PM
matt561
Your French Charizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolflare View Post
Did you chase after the grunt in Pastoria City that leads to Cynthia?
Problem with that is... i cant find one there
Old March 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
jigglyppuff8

After you beat Wake, you should've battled your rival. Afterwards, there is a grunt by the entrance to the Great Marsh (Safari Zone). If you talk to him he will run away like a coward. After some series of events (drawing blanks here XD), Cynthia will appear and give you a Secretpotion which you use to get rid of the Psyduck blocking the path by the Cafe on Route 210 and a Key Item called an Old Charm to deliver to her Grandmother in Celestic Town, which is located past where the Psyduck were blocking the path. Then some crucial plot points happen that I don't want to spoil, so you should figure out how to go on from this point unless you're really desperate. Afterwards though, you should be able to challenge the Hearthome gym.
Hope this helps somewhat.

Old March 10th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Ru-Kun
bleh...

Okay I have a couple questions.

1. Where do you get the chain Pokemon app? (the one that shows you your highest chains)

2. Where is the move deleter at?
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:06 PM
matt561
Your French Charizard

Yes but where did the Grunt go?
The problem is cythia isent at the lake I need to know what to do so that she appears

And iInever beat my rival after Wake nothing happend.....maybe should go back to Pastoria and see
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:08 PM
jigglyppuff8

1. Professor Oak gives it to you when you first enter the Pal Park after receiving the Pokeradar.

2. Pastoria City. Southeastern most house. Ayayayayaya... Thinking of move tutor. Canalave City. Right below the Pokemon Center.

@ matt561: Head in the right (-->) direction.

Last edited by jigglyppuff8; March 10th, 2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:53 PM
bearsfan092
Competitive Trainer

Okay guys, need some suggestions for those of you that have faint clue on the OU metagame. I don't need experts in any way, just suggestions:
Well, I'm looking at stuff to breed (OU) and don't know what I should do next. I'm capable of doing it all from IV's to Hidden Power, so I'm wondering what OU (or former BL) pokes I should breed. Give me a list of 3 so I have alternatives, seeing as I already have a stockpile.

Use this form:
Pokemon@Nature
Variant (Example: Mixper, Curselax, Scarf Flygon, CB Gross)
Hidden Power (If Applicable. Don't put stupid hidden powers for something that doesn't need it).
Moveset

Thanks for your help!
Old March 10th, 2009, 02:59 PM
jigglyppuff8

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=169643
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=168147

Old March 10th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby-Kun View Post
Okay I have a couple questions.

1. Where do you get the chain Pokemon app? (the one that shows you your highest chains)

2. Where is the move deleter at?
Ruby-kun, this isn't too hard to answer.

1) After obtaining the PokeRadar, go to Pal Park, where Professor Oak will give you the application.

2) The move deleter's location is on eastern Canalave City, below the Pokemon Center and the Darkrai event house.
Old March 10th, 2009, 06:47 PM
doubleeh
Beginning Trainer

can some1 post with a list of all the short form terms used in the pokemon world?

i was trying to read some threads and i couldnt understand with so many short forms.

kk thanks
Old March 10th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Nnoitra Jiruga
Your. SCREAM's. a. whisper.

Nature: Adamant
You mean competitive battling?
http://www.arkeis.com/dictionary.htm
This might help.

pray. l SANTA.l teresa. l Credit

Old March 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Inferno1
Pokemon Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglyppuff8 View Post
By the Backlot mansion, there are two trainers: A Socialite and a Gentleman. They use a Roselia and a Chatot respectively. For beating them when their Pokemon are lv. 60 (this will require a few VS Seeker rematches beforehand), you get 24000 each. Holding an Amulet Coin doubles the amount of money. This is an easy way to grind for money since these Pokemon are generally easy to KO.

I suggest that you train it to lv. 19 first. Then, if its stats aren't equal, use Proteins or Irons, depending on your needs, to boost the lower stat until they are both equal. If it doesn't work the first time, try again on the next level until you succeed.

If you plan on EV training it, I suggest that you use the EV reduction berries such as Pomeg, Kelpsy, and Tamato. So you can make sure what EVs you're Hitmontop is getting. If not, then just ignore this part.
Thanks ur way to make money Seems the best

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old March 11th, 2009, 02:34 AM
groudonlover
Mateus readies Hellfire...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to groudonlover
Here are some:

IV = Individual Value = Random numbers(up to 32) added to every stat when you catch a Pokémon
EV = Effort Value = Read here
Shiny = ... = A Pokémon in "wrong" color, that has a chance of 1 on ~8200 of appearing in the wild
PKRS = Pokérus = A sort of virus that also has a chance of 1/~8000 of appearing and doubles EVs
Crit = Critical Hit = An attack that does double the normal damage, has 8% chance on normal attacks, and 15% on attacks such as Slash, Blaze Kick and Sky Attack. You'll get the message "A Critical Hit!" if you manage to land one
KO = Status: FNT = The Pokémon has 0 HP left
ANNOYING ******* MOUSE!!!!!! = Pikachu = An annoying little electric mouse -.-
AR = Action Replay = A Cheating Device
GS = Game Shark = Another Cheating Device
Dual-Type = Pokémon with two types = Pokémons like, for example, Blaziken is BOTH Fire AND Fighting
Single-Type = Pokémon with only one type = Pokémons like, for example, Alakazam is ONLY Psychic

400/Double/4x Weakness = 400% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something both its types are weak to(like Heracross(Bug/Fighting) -> Flying)
200/2x Weakness = 200% weakness = Attack damage multiply gotten by attacking a Dual-typed Pokémon with something one of it's types are weak to and the other is not resistant against, or a Single-Typed Pokémon with something it's weak to

== GAMES ==
R/B/Y = Red/Blue/Yellow, first generation games
G/S/C = Gold/Silver/Crystal, second generation games
R/S/E = Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, first of the third generation games
FR/LG = FireRed/LeafGreen, 1st generation remakes, second of the third generation games
D/P/Pt = Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, fourth, and most recent generation games

Hope that helped!

WordPress Widget for GPXPlus by me!

Please help me hatch 'em!

Last edited by groudonlover; March 11th, 2009 at 02:41 AM.
Old March 11th, 2009, 06:31 AM
doubleeh
Beginning Trainer

thanks the helped a bit! =D

where would one post to ask about movesets and tier lists?

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links