Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources
Reload this Page [Tool] HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 16th, 2009 (08:40 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Zetlian2-kinra:
i downloaded header-editor but apparently it doesen't work
I.E it says it needs a program to open it...
Help?
Be more detailed, please. What happens exactly when you run the .exe file?
Old September 16th, 2009 (11:43 AM).
More cowbell~
Silver Tier

Nature: Modest
Quote originally posted by HackMew:
A simple way could be resetting all the trainer names to empty and then edit the ones you need.
Good idea. I may try that (why I can't I think of things myself).
I'm too damn lazy to though. :\
Old September 17th, 2009 (07:21 AM).
Yup, i make VIDEOS!! :D

Be more detailed, please. What happens exactly when you run the .exe file?
It says "(stupid stupid stupid STUPID) windows can't find the file to open this etc etc choose a file or use (unreliable unreliable UNRELIABLE) windows program list etc..."

EDIT: there is no .EXE file :o

(im a rom noob LOL)

SIG UNDER CONSTRUCTION.
reason: trying to make a banner for my secret ROM.
PM me if you think i should post it here
Old September 17th, 2009 (07:28 AM).
THIS. IS. SEMPITERNAL.

Nature: Timid
what are the benefits of XSaver??
Old September 20th, 2009 (05:39 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Zetlian2-kinra:
It says "(stupid stupid stupid STUPID) windows can't find the file to open this etc etc choose a file or use (unreliable unreliable UNRELIABLE) windows program list etc..."

EDIT: there is no .EXE file :o

(im a rom noob LOL)
Well, so you're trying to open the .zip file? Please be as detailed as possible.

Quote originally posted by Skara:
what are the benefits of XSaver??
I thought the description was good enough?
Old October 1st, 2009 (05:17 PM).
Retro Gamer

Nature: Naughty
Thank you for developing these tools. I'm changing the main Character's sprites, and I cant tell you how useful these are, especially fsf.

Thank You!

P.s. If anyone has a backsprite for Lance for fireRed/ Leafgreen, pm me with it. Thanks!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 1st, 2009 (10:10 PM).
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
When are you going to enable using FSF and A-Trainer in XSE?
Also, you should try changing 'Too less parameters' to 'Not enough parameters'. Sounds better.
Old October 1st, 2009 (10:25 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Nature: Gentle
Quote originally posted by Colorful Summer:
When are you going to enable using FSF and A-Trainer in XSE?
Also, you should try changing 'Too less parameters' to 'Not enough parameters'. Sounds better.
Those 2 functions ARE in XSE, try moving the A-Trainer.exe file and the FSF.exe file into the XSE folder, with the XSE.exe...

Then whenever you open up XSE, A-Trainer and FSF will be selectable.
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
of Superjail Penitentiary
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Sex: Male ♂
Race: Caucasian
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old October 1st, 2009 (10:28 PM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
HackMew... G'day.
May I suggest something.
Since A-Trainer is still in it's beta version, could you automatically fix the music number of a TRAINER when we change their trainer class?
I'm not saying to remove the ability to change their intro music, but just suggestion that the instant we change their trainer class, the music number is then changed to the default music number of that specific trainer class.

Anyways, it's just a suggestion, though~

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old October 1st, 2009 (10:41 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
HackMew... G'day.
May I suggest something.
Since A-Trainer is still in it's beta version, could you automatically fix the music number of a TRAINER when we change their trainer class?
I'm not saying to remove the ability to change their intro music, but just suggestion that the instant we change their trainer class, the music number is then changed to the default music number of that specific trainer class.

I agree, that would be a useful feature, so long as it is optional. (Like have it in a drop-down menu...
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

M/O: Often acts out to get attention, but recently has changed that. Has been studying up on hacking information and hopes to participate in more advanced hacking discussion.
╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old October 1st, 2009 (11:02 PM).
The Faltine

Quote originally posted by 0m3GA ARS3NAL:
Those 2 functions ARE in XSE, try moving the A-Trainer.exe file and the FSF.exe file into the XSE folder, with the XSE.exe...

Then whenever you open up XSE, A-Trainer and FSF will be selectable.
Ah. Cool.
Thanks, this'll be very useful to me!
Old October 2nd, 2009 (05:23 PM).
Hope's Triumph

I am a devoted hacker and I would do much more if I already could. Half of my hacking material doesn't work! First of all Overworld Editor. When you try to open it, it looks less designed then other people's then when you try to open it, it gives the "Error 63..." message many people have faced. You have suggested to some people to download the version0 of the rom. I don't know what this means, but I've downloaded every version of Overworld Editor, here and everywhere else, all over the Internet, and I've used every downloading strategy, like downloading it right to the desktop, but nothing makes it work. Now your other suggestion to someone was that their computer may be bad. I have a PC. In case your not understanding what the message is , I posted a video on youtube to see if anyone has a solution. It is called "Help Me With Overworld Editor!" by CoGuLaHnE. Sorry for the small screen. Everything runs extremely slow when HyperCam takes up the whole screen. It was slow already. Well, hope this video helps.
Old October 2nd, 2009 (05:56 PM).
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Maybe the computer doesn't have enough memory/RAM/something to be able to run the program?
Old October 3rd, 2009 (04:11 PM).
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Hey, I have an idea. Is it possible to add a feature to A-Trainer so that you can also change the actual battle music? Since the beta only lets you change the intro music.
Old October 4th, 2009 (09:31 PM).
Im comin' home...
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by score_under:
What the heck is that?
I don't see how you managed
Two in just one post.
It is quite easy
Speaking in haiku online
you are so silly

And to AztecFire
He can not do it that fast
It needs ASM
Jailbot OS Ver 1.1.2
Greetings Warden
Awaiting user input...

>Display User_Info
╠══User Info══╣
Username:
0m3GA ARS3NAL
Quote:
"What is this
I don't even..."

╠══End of File══╣
Awaiting user input...

>
Old October 5th, 2009 (06:05 AM).
C(++) Developer.
Silver Tier

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Full Metal
...aren't haikus generally nature related?
...wow...offtopic?
anyways
i liked the idea of changing the battle music as well, and what does the a-trainer search thingy search by?
(EG trainer id, pokemon, number of pokemon, intro music etc)
and also, can't wait for your knowledge thread (can't post this over there cuz of thread revival so i thought i'd post it here on a side note)

★ full metal.

I like to push it,
and push it,
until my luck is over.
Old October 9th, 2009 (02:55 AM).
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Colorful Summer:
Uhm... maybe you're right. I might consider that whenever I will feel like (finally) updating XSE.

Quote originally posted by destinedjagold:
HackMew... G'day.
May I suggest something.

Well, even it wasn't in the beta stage, I would accept suggestions as well. As for the automatic fix... I'm afraid but it can't be done. The music intro value is bound to the trainer data itself, and not actually related to the trainer class. For example, trainers with the same trainer class have different intro music sometimes.

Quote originally posted by CoGuLaHnE:
I am a devoted hacker and I would do much more if I already could. Half of my hacking material doesn't work! First of all Overworld Editor. When you try to open it, it looks less designed then other people's then when you try to open it, it gives the "Error 63..." message many people have faced. You have suggested to some people to download the version0 of the rom. I don't know what this means, but I've downloaded every version of Overworld Editor, here and everywhere else, all over the Internet, and I've used every downloading strategy, like downloading it right to the desktop, but nothing makes it work. Now your other suggestion to someone was that their computer may be bad. I have a PC. In case your not understanding what the message is , I posted a video on youtube to see if anyone has a solution. It is called "Help Me With Overworld Editor!" by CoGuLaHnE. Sorry for the small screen. Everything runs extremely slow when HyperCam takes up the whole screen. It was slow already. Well, hope this video helps.
Well, basically the ROM you're trying to load is not supported as of yet. The easy solution is to simply wait for the newer version, which will feature improved and whole new features too.

Quote originally posted by AztecFire:
Hey, I have an idea. Is it possible to add a feature to A-Trainer so that you can also change the actual battle music? Since the beta only lets you change the intro music.
I will see what can I do, considering it requires ASM it might take a while before everything get sorted.

Quote originally posted by The blob of blobs:
anyways
i liked the idea of changing the battle music as well, and what does the a-trainer search thingy search by?
(EG trainer id, pokemon, number of pokemon, intro music etc)
and also, can't wait for your knowledge thread (can't post this over there cuz of thread revival so i thought i'd post it here on a side note)
None of those. The search function can either search by ID or name. Also, there's no thread revival rule for the Documents and Tutorials any more.

And now... the news. Tomorrow is the day. Won't say much else, as there's no real need. You just have to wait a lil' bit.
Old October 9th, 2009 (03:27 AM).
More cowbell~
Silver Tier

Uhm... maybe you're right. I might consider that whenever I will feel like (finally) updating XSE.

Well, even it wasn't in the beta stage, I would accept suggestions as well. As for the automatic fix... I'm afraid but it can't be done. The music intro value is bound to the trainer data itself, and not actually related to the trainer class. For example, trainers with the same trainer class have different intro music sometimes.

Well, basically the ROM you're trying to load is not supported as of yet. The easy solution is to simply wait for the newer version, which will feature improved and whole new features too.

I will see what can I do, considering it requires ASM it might take a while before everything get sorted.

None of those. The search function can either search by ID or name. Also, there's no thread revival rule for the Documents and Tutorials any more.

And now... the news. Tomorrow is the day. Won't say much else, as there's no real need. You just have to wait a lil' bit.
I'm guessing it's gonna be *shuts up*. But I hope everything goes as planned and we something superspecialawesome. :D
Old October 9th, 2009 (03:58 AM).
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Silver Tier

Nature: Careful
Oh... I see. Well, thanks for that info, HM...

And I wonder what will you bring tomorrow...

3DS FC: 0061-1111-6462
TSV: 1364(X), 0790(OR)

Old October 9th, 2009 (06:53 AM).

Thanks a lot HackMew !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 9th, 2009 (09:12 AM).
The Faltine

I can't wait for tomorrow, because... Tomorrow is the day.
The world is the world.
Old October 10th, 2009 (03:29 PM).

Hm. so the Shiny tool, basically takes a wild encounter script and make it a shiny encounter?
Old October 10th, 2009 (04:20 PM). Edited October 11th, 2009 by HackMew.
Mewtwo Strikes Back
Crystal Tier

Okay, as I promised... today I'm proud to present a brand new ASM lesson and brand new tool! I'd like to thank Gamer2020, Link_971 and >Dante< for helping testing the Shinyzer.

The ASM lesson is for those that want to understand how things actually work. Otherwhise, if you just want a quick shiny, the Shinyzer will do it for you. Download it, load your ROM, find some free space (the Shinyzer will tell you how much exactly) and shinyze your game. Then:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0x2
In the example above, the shiny counter would be set to 0x2. This means we could give two consequent Pokémon and both would be shiny. After the second Pokémon is given, the shiny counter would reach 0x0, so the Shiny Hack would be disabled. For wild Pokémon, it's better not to set the counter anything higher than 0x1 anyway. What about trainers? The main concept is similar. The difference is that we need two setvar commands. The first one will be used as the counter, and the second will be used to tell which Pokémon needs to be shiny. Let's say we're about to battle a trainer who has 5 Pokémon. We want the second and the third Pokémon to be shiny, for example. So we would first set variable 0x8003 like this:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xYY0X
where X stands for the Pokémon amount the trainer has. In our example, X is 5 therefore:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xYY05
Then we need to choose the shiny Pokémon. Starting from the very first Pokémon till the last one, we write 1 if the Pokémon needs to be shiny or 0 otherwise:

Code:
In case you didn't realize, that's just a custom binary bit field. After converting it to hex we get 0xC. So:

Code:
setvar 0x8003 0xC05
That's it.
Old October 10th, 2009 (04:24 PM).
More cowbell~
Silver Tier

Okay, as I promised... today I'm proud to present a brand new ASM lesson and brand new tool!

The ASM lesson is for those that want to understand how things actually works. Otherwhise, if you just want a quick shiny, the Shinyzer will do it for you. Download it, load your ROM, find some free space (the Shinyzer will tell you how much exactly) and shinyze your game. Then:
Awesome. I'm glad you posted it Andrea. I'm deinfitely looking forward to using this.
Old October 10th, 2009 (04:57 PM). Edited October 10th, 2009 by Bayonetta.

Thanks hack mew, it worked.
I made a random test in my rom and worked perfectly.
I caught this using the shinyzer.

Sponsored Links