Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development
Notices

Game Development Your number one stop for anything related to creating games (except ROM hacks). You can even make your own!

Closed Thread

Old June 18th, 2007, 06:32 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER

Advertise here
Welcome to Pokémon in the 3rd Dimension!

Hi guys i'm here to tell you about my new WIP game - Pokémon3D.
Pokémon3D is a brand new game for PC built entirely in a 3D environment. Myself and the Pokémon3D team are adding new storylines, new characters and loads of new features.
Explore different towns and cities on your journey to becoming a pokémon master! Features include...

>> Full 3D real-time battles!
>> Pokémon can now learn 6 moves!
>> New attacks and new items!
>> Online multiplayer battling/trading with a dedicated
pokémon3D server (Still to be announced)!
>> Built-in trading cards and other bonuses!

Here is a screeny>>(dnt worry! Not final! Re-modelling and Re-texturing in progress.)

We are still currently working on V3 of Pokémon3D and hopefully will have a demo out by September.

If you would like to see more screenies or have any ideas you want to submit then visit the pokémon3D Forums...

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!

Last edited by Avatar; June 20th, 2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Wave the Buoysel
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Wave the Buoysel Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Wave the Buoysel
One thing I would like to see is an actual Pokemon game in 3D. I mean an adventure RPG, not a Pokemon Stadium clone.
Old June 18th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Demonic Budha
semi-good RMXPer (not script)

Looks pretty good, however looks like the UVs/Textures on the bulbasaur are having a problem, other than that looks like ist going to be good.
}-DEMONIC BUDHA-{

(for those of you who dont know im not the best speller in the world. )
(also i find it funny that im like 10 years older than some of you and im asking you for help. )
Old June 18th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

I like your idea. A Colosseum/XD-like game without the shadow pokémon (I expect). It seems like the next-gen of Pokémon already here! Oh, yeah, this should be in 'Games Showcase'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB MASTER View Post
>> Full 3D real-time battles!
Looks cool. [About the picture] The background needs some more detail I think, but the Pokémon themselves look great. Isn't this going to be a little slow, because of the high-detailed models?

Quote:
>> Pokémon can now learn 6 moves!
Sometimes people even get problems filling 4 slots. Are you sure this is a good idea?

Quote:
>> New attacks and new items!
About this. I expect you have detailed idea about the metagame before making new attacks that may be too powerful or even items.

I hope this gets finished. You said almost no details about the game itself, but 3D battles is already one thing. You can still post some ideas you have for the storyline or characters even if you're not sure about them.

Old June 18th, 2007, 08:30 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Ok I'm not going to reveal most of the storyline as A) I'm still working on it and B) It revels secrets.

Here are the first 3 areas of the September Demo.

Sundale Village - Home town

Here lives prof chesnut, the player and the players rival. There is an ancient ruins nearby up the top of the hill with an ancient shrine. There is a wall where it speaks about raising the ultimate pokemon. A round hole is cut in the wall.

Routes 1 - 5

Here you will meet a couple of trainers and quite a few grass pokémon. There is a day-care centre here where you can take your pokémon. This leads to Rosebush Town.

Rosebush Town

Basic town (not very big). Has a pokecentre and a pokemart. No Gym. A couple of resident houses. Surrounded by water on 1 side. A great spot for fishing - if you have a rod that is, LOL!

Routes 6 - 11
Leads to thistle Garden.

Thistle Garden

A grass and bug pokemon inhabited area where pokemon come to pollinate and mate. Here are lots of berry's and acorns. There is a giant maze which reveals a secret in the middle.

We plan to feature 20-25 pokemon in the Sep Demo. We are using C/C++ and the battle system will be fully functional. I think allowing pokemon to learn 6 moves is better than previous games. We are still working on devloping new items and attacks. Also new HMs and TMs and currently being developed. We have a dedicated team member who handles internal stats of pokemon so i will tell him what you said about attacks being too powerful. Thanks. Also you mentioned that using high detailed models may be slow. They are not high detailed models, LOL - i learned to decieve people. Also the engine we are using can handle anything up to 200,000 polys per scene and works very well even on out-dated hardware and systems.

want to see more?, then CHECK MY SIGNATURE

Last edited by DJB MASTER; June 19th, 2007 at 04:07 PM.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Drake_Miriel
Man in the Box

1) Your signature doesn't show up, or contains nothing
2) How high-end a system would be needed to run this at a decent speed? How about at all?
3) Will model animations be like in Stadium where they remain pretty much stationary, even when dodging, or will there be some kind of movement?
4) What generation are you using?
Old June 20th, 2007, 01:50 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake_Miriel View Post
1) Your signature doesn't show up, or contains nothing
2) How high-end a system would be needed to run this at a decent speed? How about at all?
3) Will model animations be like in Stadium where they remain pretty much stationary, even when dodging, or will there be some kind of movement?
4) What generation are you using?
A1)Yeh thats kinda weird it seems the sig only works on posts that you have made after you have changed you sig. So it should be on the bottom of this one.
A2)I'm not 100% certain of the machine power that is required but from what i have read our engine works very well even on old hardware/systems.We will do a lot of hardware tests on different systems. How about at all? - LOL you have little faith, LOL!
A3)We are still planning the animations for the pokémon. We hope to make it real-time where you actually get to see the pokémon get down right ugly with each other.
A4)We are doing the first 251 pokémon. I never was interested in the 3rd or 4th generation so i am sticking with the 1st & 2nd.

Hope my sig is showing...lol

Old June 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
pichu2000
Smoochum

do you insert kanto,Jhoto,Hoenn?
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:44 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu2000 View Post
do you insert kanto,Jhoto,Hoenn?
Well its kinda neither. We're Creating a whole brand new environment so it cnt be any of the previous regions. We havent decided on the name yet. We tell you asap.

Old June 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Billwaa
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wave the Buoysel View Post
One thing I would like to see is an actual Pokemon game in 3D. I mean an adventure RPG, not a Pokemon Stadium clone.
this is an advanture RPG in 3D Mode. I am the 3D Modeler by the way. Here are some shots...

Sundale Village Gate. Going to put on a terrain

Close look of the gate

Mt. Deus + arena

Old version of the terrain. I am working on a new one.
This signature has been disabled.
Your banner is too wide. It exceeds the width limit by 50 pixels.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 20th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon

Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight
Cannons? Shoot Pokemon? Thats Horid...
Well Looks cool hope it gets finished unlike all the other 3D projects.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here