The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old June 19th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Kraka-chan
From the Kraka Club

Nature: Timid
I just bought Ranger, and I'm as far as the Jungle Ruins near Summerland.
And I'm having a lot of trouble with catching Salamence. Honsetly, my hair was on the verge of being ripped out. Up to this point, I've hadn't had much trouble, but I couldn't paralyze it with my Plusle and I had to draw about 22 rings around it just to catch it.
With the normal Pokemon games, you just count on the Poke Balls, but this... Grrr! If anyone had mentioned "Salamence" to me just then, I would have screamed.

Now that the rant is out of the way, I'm just curious to know if there'll be any other tough Pokemon in Ranger. What do you think was the hardest Pokemon to catch?

New Sig and Avatar coming soon! Hello, I'm back!
Kraka-chan on DeviantART - YouTube Channel
Old June 19th, 2007, 08:18 AM
Rad_Riardos
PokeMaster

Send a message via AIM to Rad_Riardos
Wait till you have to try to get a Charizard. Or Deoxys and Rayquaza.

I have claimed Arceus, Dragonite, and Shadow Lugia.

I'm a member of "the clan"...Oh yeah

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93388 My trading thread.

I'm a member of the "Shiny Hunters"! My Shinies are: Electivire, Ho-oh, Ninetales, Milotic, Mothim, Dusknoir, Flygon, Porygon-Z, Eevee, Deoxys, Treecko, Manaphy

Old June 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Bishopk
meow :)

Nature: Hardy
Charizard wasn't all that hard, either time. I certainly don't remember it as well as I remember Salamence O_o. It was insane. I don't think I've circled that fast since. Maybe that's why I can't beat Tyranitar and its clan...
(Preferred) Pearl: 3651-8559-8001
Platinum: 1290-6232-5116
PBR: 0688-3287-1225
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:23 AM
n3croart
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Gentle
Salamence isn't that hard. Reflexes, I guess.
Probably the hardest imo is Deoxys, Entei and Rayquaza.

- Meh -
Old June 23rd, 2007, 04:13 AM
PurityForest
Forest Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PurityForest Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PurityForest Send a message via Yahoo to PurityForest
The hardest for me is Rayquaza. Since it always escape in Static Attack of my Minun. And when i capture it, It says that it is impossible to capture. But i have captured it. :D

Awesome Torterra avatar and banner by Ignalion of Pokedox Forums.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 08:03 AM
Kraka-chan
From the Kraka Club

Nature: Timid
I've dealt with Salamence (Thank goodness!). Now I've got Charizard to deal with.

Could anyone discribe the fight with Entei? Is it really that tough?

New Sig and Avatar coming soon! Hello, I'm back!
Kraka-chan on DeviantART - YouTube Channel
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:47 PM
diamondpearl876
you can breathe now. x

Nature: Careful
The Charizard really drove me insane the first time. The other time though, it was easy.

I don't remember catching a Salamence.. Oh well.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM
Lt. Silver
Trainer

Salmence was probably the hardest, The dogs were hard too
Old July 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Send a message via AIM to Avolition
I grred at Salamence. It took like 20 tries for me. The Entei was even harder. But I laughed at Kyogre. I caught him on my first try.
For those of you who aren't total idiots, You'll probably know me from Netbattle. Yes it is the one and only Vash the Stampede, I was going to post to some pathetic whiner complaining about how much life sucks. Reality check... LIFE ALWAYS SUCKS! For those who don't know me, well I don't care about you. But i won't mind crushing children's ideals on pokemon with my totally sarcastic views on life. Some of you may be wondering "Why does he call himself 'God the stampede?'", simple I AM GOD!
On a side note I realize some of you may grow to hate me, or even hate me now. Please continue for your opinions of me matter as much as a hill of **** to anyone who matters and since no one but ME matters thats no one.
Hmmm alittle bit about myself.. Well.... I'm one of a dying breed. That is the Netbattle Troller. Most of you inbred losers'll come to realize this if my post of truth doesn't get me expelled from this place. I also hate morons. Oh and Brazillians for various reasons to numerous to mention in one post. Well I'm not going to continue to rant and rave about how much I'm better than 95% of you drones. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonairKing2000 View Post
Hello, welcome to the community, by the way my name is Alex.
Lol yes, I've still left.
Old July 1st, 2007, 04:10 PM
Always and Never
Nick // Always and Never

Send a message via AIM to Always and Never Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Always and Never
What about that final charizard?

Waiting till all the lava pools dried up and zapping him full power...

Took me at least 5 tries...

Sometimes life gets lonely if you haven't talked to your friends in a while.
Old July 5th, 2007, 07:46 AM
ShadScy
Beginning Trainer

I'm still trying to do Salamence...
Old July 5th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Rad_Riardos
PokeMaster

Send a message via AIM to Rad_Riardos
The dogs weren't that hard to me.

I have claimed Arceus, Dragonite, and Shadow Lugia.

I'm a member of "the clan"...Oh yeah

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=93388 My trading thread.

I'm a member of the "Shiny Hunters"! My Shinies are: Electivire, Ho-oh, Ninetales, Milotic, Mothim, Dusknoir, Flygon, Porygon-Z, Eevee, Deoxys, Treecko, Manaphy

Old July 5th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Raikou was really easy xD
For those of you who aren't total idiots, You'll probably know me from Netbattle. Yes it is the one and only Vash the Stampede, I was going to post to some pathetic whiner complaining about how much life sucks. Reality check... LIFE ALWAYS SUCKS! For those who don't know me, well I don't care about you. But i won't mind crushing children's ideals on pokemon with my totally sarcastic views on life. Some of you may be wondering "Why does he call himself 'God the stampede?'", simple I AM GOD!
On a side note I realize some of you may grow to hate me, or even hate me now. Please continue for your opinions of me matter as much as a hill of **** to anyone who matters and since no one but ME matters thats no one.
Hmmm alittle bit about myself.. Well.... I'm one of a dying breed. That is the Netbattle Troller. Most of you inbred losers'll come to realize this if my post of truth doesn't get me expelled from this place. I also hate morons. Oh and Brazillians for various reasons to numerous to mention in one post. Well I'm not going to continue to rant and rave about how much I'm better than 95% of you drones. We'll see what happens in the next few days.
Quote:
Old July 5th, 2007, 03:22 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
I found the dogs to be very hard, especially since I didn't save after I beat each person before them. (stupid move by me) but now the only pokemon I need to capture is Mew. I've been using Ariados but it still doesn't work. The stupid thing breaks out too quicly then it teleports and break my ring. Then it flees. I hate mew in this, love it anywhere else. : p
Old July 5th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Oh yeah, lol. Mew was harder than Salamence. Took like a billion tries for me. But it was worth it. Manaphy.
Quote:
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:17 PM
.Aero
Community Supporter

Why'd you put Manaphy after it. Anyways, how the heck did you catch it!?!? I want to complete the game and i need to catch it.

btw, it think zigzagoon was harder than mew, considering it was pointless to have. (no assist or field help)
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:20 PM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..
Quote:
Old July 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Celebi, Deoxys and Mew. Salamence is also very tricky. At least the first time, I broke my stylus around 10 times.

Old July 6th, 2007, 07:27 PM
.Aero
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty McWoot View Post
Cause you need Mew to get manaphy. It took like 20 tries with an endless array of Ariadoses. I hate that Mew..
You don't need to catch Mew to get manaphy. You just need the ranger net and the code, then beat the mission, tranfer and hatch. no mew is needed.
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

I thought you had to finish every mission in ranger net. D'oh!
Quote:
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:18 AM
.Aero
Community Supporter

haha, no you just need the code and ranger net. then you get the mission.
Old July 7th, 2007, 10:21 AM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Once again. D'oh! xD *everyone laughs at me*
Quote:
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:37 AM
jonjosh
Poke Poke Poke (Hey Stop!)

I think Charizard and Entei were the hardest

The rest were easy

Celebi was the easiest legend top catch!

Do you like SHINIES?

Do you need ITEMS?
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Avolition
TEN THOUSAND FISTS

Did you use an Ariados to catch it? xD I never thought of that.
Quote:
Old July 7th, 2007, 11:45 AM
jonjosh
Poke Poke Poke (Hey Stop!)

No i just caught it with a regular capture styler.

You just have to make 6-9 Loops?

Do you like SHINIES?

Do you need ITEMS?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links