The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?
Kanto/Johto 15 46.88%
New region 7 21.88%
Both 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 19th, 2007, 10:54 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER

Advertise here
Welcome to Pokémon in the 3rd Dimension!

(sry for double posting - apparently this should be in this forum)

Hi guys i'm here to tell you about my new WIP game - Pokémon3D.
Pokémon3D is a brand new game for PC built entirely in a 3D environment. Myself and the Pokémon3D team are adding new storylines, new characters and loads of new features.
Explore different towns and cities on your journey to becoming a pokémon master! Features include...

>> Full 3D real-time battles!
>> Pokémon can now learn 6 moves!
>> New attacks and new items!
>> Online multiplayer battling/trading with a dedicated
pokémon3D server (Still to be announced)!
>> Built-in trading cards and other bonuses!

Here is a screeny>>(dnt worry! Not final! Re-modelling and Re-texturing in progress.)

We are still currently working on V3 of Pokémon3D and hopefully will have a demo out by September. Here is a sneak-peek of the story/map. I dont want to give it all away because it is still being modifyed and i dont want to reveal any secrets.

Sundale Village - Home town

Here lives prof chesnut, the player and the players rival. There is an ancient ruins nearby up the top of the hill with an ancient shrine. There is a wall where it speaks about raising the ultimate pokemon. A round hole is cut in the wall.

Routes 1 - 5

Here you will meet a couple of trainers and quite a few grass pokémon. There is a day-care centre here where you can take your pokémon. This leads to Rosebush Town.

Rosebush Town

Basic town (not very big). Has a pokecentre and a pokemart. No Gym. A couple of resident houses. Surrounded by water on 1 side. A great spot for fishing - if you have a rod that is, LOL!

Routes 6 - 11
Leads to thistle Garden.

Thistle Garden

A grass and bug pokemon inhabited area where pokemon come to pollinate and mate. Here are lots of berry's and acorns. There is a giant maze which reveals a secret in the middle.

We plan to feature 20-25 pokemon in the Sep Demo. We are using C/C++ and the battle system will be fully functional. I think allowing pokemon to learn 6 moves is better than previous games. We are still working on devloping new items and attacks. Also new HMs and TMs and currently being developed. Also the engine we are using can handle anything up to 200,000 polys per scene and works very well even on out-dated hardware and systems, so hopefully no lag.

I will post more screenies later but if u have any ideas you want to submit then reply here or visit the pokémon3D Forums...

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!

Last edited by Avatar; June 20th, 2007 at 03:21 AM.
Old June 19th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB MASTER View Post
visit the pokémon3D Forums...

-LINK REMOVED-
Just so you know, linking to other forums is against the rules. You can still place the link in your signature.

Last edited by Avatar; June 20th, 2007 at 03:20 AM.
Old June 19th, 2007, 04:52 PM
jaysonic
Beginning Trainer

it looks nice though, i think the 3D rendering in the screenshot above is nice. interesting, i'd like to see more..
Old June 19th, 2007, 07:35 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Umbreon View Post
Just so you know, linking to other forums is against the rules. You can still place the link in your signature.
ok thanks for the advice. I dont see why though, that "No linking" rule sucks in my opinion. Its not like i'm stealing ppl away from the forums or anything - i've just got more stuff on the Pokémon3D forum.

Last edited by DJB MASTER; June 19th, 2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:02 AM
theotherfreakyguy
aka Satan

Nature: Quirky
This looks cool! I'm hoping my graphic card supports it! I've wanted a 3D Classic Pokemon adventure for a long time. BTW, I'm running ATI Radeon. Is that good enough?
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:49 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by theotherfreakyguy View Post
This looks cool! I'm hoping my graphic card supports it! I've wanted a 3D Classic Pokemon adventure for a long time. BTW, I'm running ATI Radeon. Is that good enough?
Should be plenty - the engine we use works great even in old hardware. One of the test rigs is a intel Pentium 4 with on-board 64MB graphics.

Old June 20th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon

Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight
Well Why does people keep saying that they hope it will run on their system. Its Not a Hd Graphics Game.
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:34 PM
exteradude
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to exteradude Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to exteradude
Wow... your game is great! I haven't checked the site yet, but the game seems very good! I can't think of the words to decribe how great the game will be. By the features and the graphics, I would say, by the first look, this game will be great. Great work!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:32 AM
Red1530

Nature: Bold
A 3-D Pokemon game with all of your listed features will make this a great game.

Platinum FC: 1849 2675 2234
HeartGold FC: 2579 5430 9434
Old June 24th, 2007, 03:22 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Whooaaa....

If this one gets of the ground, it WILL be the biggest thing here without a doubt. What I see on the forum is very promising indeed!
Old June 24th, 2007, 03:24 AM
jaysonic
Beginning Trainer

it would be great, but starting a pokemon game is no where near a finished pokemon game. it takes time and patience, so hopefully you and your team HAVE both.
Old June 24th, 2007, 07:48 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Thanks for all your comments and encouragement guys. We hope to have a demo out around Sep/Oct. We are having a couple of glitches at the moment but nothing too serious.

Old June 24th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Evilpkmn
Evilmad says Bonjour

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Evilpkmn
This game looks good , good luck!
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:09 PM
exteradude
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to exteradude Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to exteradude
If I can help... I have a set of textures that you can use... its from the 3D Gamemaker I have yet to install, with some good textures for human characters. If I can, I'll try to copy it, but first I'll have to check with the 3DGM lisence, to see if I can even use the models freely. If I can, I could send some to you.

Just ask and I'll help (If I can, though)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Quote:
We are having a couple of glitches at the moment but nothing too serious.
As long as it isn't a glitch city, it shouldn't be big. [/BAD JOKE]

Anyway, this looks good so I can't wait to test out the demo.

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:18 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by exteradude View Post
If I can help... I have a set of textures that you can use... its from the 3D Gamemaker I have yet to install, with some good textures for human characters. If I can, I'll try to copy it, but first I'll have to check with the 3DGM lisence, to see if I can even use the models freely. If I can, I could send some to you.

Just ask and I'll help (If I can, though)
Thanks for your offer but i also own 3DGM, lol, so i already have them if i need them. Besides we are going for a more original approach.

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:26 PM
41victory
>.> Nobody saw anything <.<

Wow this looks like a cool game!
Cant wait to try it.
Old June 24th, 2007, 01:40 PM
exteradude
Trainer

Awesome! I still wonder how to make a game with it in multiple levels, but this isn't the place to ask.

Anyway, will the game have a good story?

Old June 24th, 2007, 01:57 PM
nrox653
What should I put here...

Just a quick question. Is the game being developed from scratch or are you guys using some 3D game development program? Because it'd be awesome if you were just programming it from complete scratch!

I can't wait for this game to be released!

W00t! I'm back!
Old June 24th, 2007, 02:11 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrox653 View Post
Just a quick question. Is the game being developed from scratch or are you guys using some 3D game development program? Because it'd be awesome if you were just programming it from complete scratch!

I can't wait for this game to be released!
In terms of creating stuff from scratch...

We are creating all media (models,music,gfx) ourself.
The 3D engine we are using is simple just a 3D renderer but we have to write all the code from scratch, yes.

In terms of storyline its not going to be like the classical Gameboy games. It will be quite unpredictable with a couple of suprises that havent been seen before. Like i said before we are still refining the storyline.

Old June 24th, 2007, 02:31 PM
exteradude
Trainer

Cool! Well, are you going to make random weather that affects the battle too? I mean, in Colosseum/XD, there is a scene every turn. It's not quite natural. I mean, it says "The sunlight is strong." Why not make it so it shows all the time? I mean, it starts raining in an area, and areas have different weather rates. For example, in a forest city it rains and the sun shines a lot, but it rains more. And when you are battling outside, in the rain or hot sun, instead of just showing a short scene and saying "The rain continues to fall," it shows the sun shining all the time (Not so much that you can't see the field), or raining/drizzling all the time, as a special effect. So you know it's raining and it won't waste time.

EDIT: I joined your forums. I'll try to tell my friends!

Old June 25th, 2007, 06:34 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Well a weather system was planned from the beginning and it will definetly affect the way pokemon battle aslo when pokemon are caught, such as water pokemon are found more frequently and fight better on a rainy day/night. Butm we are still refining it, like evrything - we want to get most oof it right first time. Any ther suggestions most them at the forum. Thanks, David.

Old June 25th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I hope a preview will come ot soon. It looks great. (The Pokémon looks better than in Stadium 1+2) But if you planned to re-texture them do this. I think this is going to be a great game. Hang on it and do your best. And don't give this great ides up, please.
Old June 25th, 2007, 08:04 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Hey guys something i kinda forgot to ask. I asked on a programming forum if some people wouldnt mind helping with the programming. I told them it was a pokemon themed game in 3D. This is what i recieved...

Quote:
"Creating a game based on copyrighted material is copyright infringement and at least in the US, illegal. It doesn't matter if the game is created for free, given away for free, or whatever... it is still considered infringement and at best you can be shut down and at worst, sued."
I thought you were allowed to create fan games if you did not profit of them. No-one in the team is profiting off pokemon and we are creating most of the resources and media ourselves.

What do you think? Is making Pokémon3D illegal?

Old June 25th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Hey guys something i kinda forgot to ask. I asked on a programming forum if some people wouldnt mind helping with the programming. I told them it was a pokemon themed game in 3D. This is what i recieved...

I thought you were allowed to create fan games if you did not profit of them. No-one in the team is profiting off pokemon and we are creating most of the resources and media ourselves.

What do you think? Is making Pokémon3D illegal?
No. You havn't steal material of any company and so if you craete all by yourself it isn't illegal. Where did you get this message?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here