The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?
Kanto/Johto 15 46.88%
New region 7 21.88%
Both 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 26th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Rageman

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
Dude, i'm a kid and i don't have 2 talk in normal sentences if i don't want 2. And sorry about the forum link that u posted, i didn't look at his sig, i only scimd this.
It's a rule. Learn to use "to/too/two" instead of "2".
Old July 27th, 2007, 01:19 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandoras_Angel View Post
Um, correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that rule refers to the content of the message not to how its written. Basically, what that rule states is, You can write however way you want as long as it has a clear message with some kind of relevance. The message was obviously clear to you because you replied.

Oh, and a little advice, try not to present evidence that works against you. It makes you look dumb
What he said. And if it makes you feel any better i'll write in normal sentences for this thread if you will get off my back OK?
Old July 27th, 2007, 08:38 AM
Glitchfinder
Let's all get along, please?

Nature: Careful
You know, the truest way to show progress is to show screenies. I was wondering if you had any new ones, or if you even had a way to prove you're moving forward at all.

Glitchfinder's Scripts

Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:14 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER
Hi guys - i'm sry for not posting but i have had some trouble with my internet. Well as for a progress update - we are having a little bit of trouble as i do not know the whereabouts of my 2 programmers so the September Demo will probably not happen. We are currently trying to contact them or find some new team members.

Anyway for screenies and so - We dont have many to show you. Here are a couple...

Fishing Pond near the 3rd village - Thistle Garden.

One of our modellers has also started creating some items>>>

Well as always you can check out the forums (follow my sig) to see any updates (if ever). It might seem that i am lacking confidence in my project but that is not the case as i'm sure you'll agree it has great potential of being one of the greatest pokemon games ever created.

Also i may have a couple of team spots avaialable.>>>

I need>

--- Programmer (C/C++ or GameStudio A6)
--- 3D Modeller
--- Texture Creator
--- Graphics Artist

Thanks, I will try to keep this thread as active as possible. Thanks for your comments>

Pokemon3D Continues...

DJB MASTER

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!
Old August 2nd, 2007, 06:34 AM
Nuke

Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
This looks like the most promising new game I've seen since returning.

And, if your new members are up to the standard of the missing ones this game could possibly become the best Pokemon fangame... Ever!!!
Old August 3rd, 2007, 02:39 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I love the 3D items and Graphics. That's amazing. I had many 3D moddeling programs but I don't know how it works. Okay keep on that good work.
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:57 AM
raykid100
crizula!!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to raykid100
Are you still working at this?
Yes? then give us just a sign
Old August 11th, 2007, 04:25 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
I agree, this is really boring: no news.
Old August 11th, 2007, 09:17 PM
DrCoolSanta
Erode away...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
3D games make me think, is this OGL or Direct3D? And if your 3D engine is only a renderer, it'd be better create one yourself, it doesn't even take time, I have one made already (and it isn't only a renderer)

Anyways, this isn't going to be less than atleast 400MB which I guess, I won't spend for a game like this. I don't think the idea is too great for a game, play some GTA or stuff, I'll prefer those games to this, and obviously there is no reason except that you havn't said that there is anything special in this except that it is 3D.

It will be so easy to hack this up, you'd be having models in a file, textures in a file and etc., I could mess your game in a matter of minutes.

Take what I said seriously, this needs better features AND A STORYLINE, don't make this end up like Pokemon PC.

EDIT: IT's only been a week since the last post, can't you guys wait?
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM
Fangking Omega
Acanthite founder

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fangking Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
I agree, this is really boring: no news.
Honestly guys, when you've got a project as ambitious looking as this one, you'll have to give them a little bit of time. Even on the more standard games, things being worked on aren't always worth showing (perhaps more related to preparation phase) or are wanted to be kept secret. Most games for retail that are in development don't have news every other day, you tend to get just new screenshots and information in batches

Have a little patience, it will hopefully not be too long before they have something new to show, and I'll be looking forward to whatever it is.
Old August 14th, 2007, 06:38 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Hi guys - at the moment we are down a couple of Team members and a couple are away on vacation. We need to find some more ppl to continue production. I know its kinda boring at the moment but we are still working on it. We just need to get the team back up and running.

I will post with updates/screenies ASAP.

Thanks

Old August 14th, 2007, 12:10 PM
brendan mc
{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}

Send a message via AIM to brendan mc Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brendan mc
Any idea when the demo is released and what game maker are you using to make it

soz for asking though

My Diamond
-----------------
Name: Brendan
Friend Code: 4940-2222-8629

My PBR
------------
Name is: BRENDAN
Friend Code: 2406-3891-1024
Scotland,Uk,Europe

Old August 14th, 2007, 07:52 PM
DrCoolSanta
Erode away...

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DrCoolSanta Send a message via Yahoo to DrCoolSanta
I don't think the demo is going to be out pretty soon, and I think they are coding the game, no Game Maker (I havn't seen a 3D gamemaker )
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:19 AM
brendan mc
{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}

Send a message via AIM to brendan mc Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to brendan mc
i saw one on youtube lol
anyway i think we should get bk to topic lol

My Diamond
-----------------
Name: Brendan
Friend Code: 4940-2222-8629

My PBR
------------
Name is: BRENDAN
Friend Code: 2406-3891-1024
Scotland,Uk,Europe

Old August 27th, 2007, 10:33 AM
raykid100
crizula!!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to raykid100
U're right brendan! We're fully offtopic!
When the new screens will come down?
Old August 27th, 2007, 10:54 AM
~Dai-kun~
The black wind howls again...

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~Dai-kun~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~Dai-kun~
It's awesome man keep up the good work it will take a long time but you will make it.
Old August 28th, 2007, 01:02 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i understand the staff isuses, what are you using?
Old August 29th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

These 3D items look awesome.

But why, why, why did you have to set this game in your fanmade region? The Kanto/Jouto/Houen/Shin'ou-set game would be even more awesome. I always wanted to see those regions in full 3D.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old August 29th, 2007, 04:29 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Maxim - the whole original idea of pokemon3d was a port of the gameboys games in full 3D. I still really like this idea and i wanted to create johto and kanto in 3d for the game. But i dont think many people will favour this as it lacks orginality.

If we did do it in those regions the demo will come out much much quicker. I can model at least 2 towns a day fully textured.

I will discuss with the team. I still want to do your idea.

Does anyone else think that?

Johto/kanto or new region?

Old August 29th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Youji
Viridian City Gym Leader
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I agree to Johto/Kanto... A 3D game of gold and silver.
Old August 29th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB MASTER View Post
Maxim - the whole original idea of pokemon3d was a port of the gameboys games in full 3D. I still really like this idea and i wanted to create johto and kanto in 3d for the game. But i dont think many people will favour this as it lacks orginality.

If we did do it in those regions the demo will come out much much quicker. I can model at least 2 towns a day fully textured.

I will discuss with the team. I still want to do your idea.

Does anyone else think that?

Johto/kanto or new region?
Yeah, it somewhat lacks originality but I, personally am a fan of traditional Pokemon gaming. If I could choose Jouto/Kanto or new region, I would choose Jouto/Kanto without any hesitation.

Putting those regions (or at least one of them) as a secondary region(s) in the game would be satysfying for everyone but it would give you too much work.

I'll support this game whatever will it be set in but I still prefer Traditional Regions.
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:42 AM
TheReignOverhead
The Reign Overhead

Nature: Lonely
Awesome ideas. And awesome models.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Jake
Pearly White Dream

Johto/Kanto. 2nd Gen is still number one.
Anyway, from what I see, this may be in the top 3 of my favorite fan games. It looks promosing. The whole 3D concept just makes it even better. It would be awesome to see a walking 3D model of a Pokémon. But I have a couple questions.
1- Will fishing be in it? And if yes, will shadows appear in the water to give you a hint where the Pokémon is?
2- New character or old character?
3- All 4 generations, or just 1st and 2nd? (If Johto/Kanto)
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:20 PM
timmy112
Learning to Hack

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to timmy112
Johto/Kanto are the best regions in my view.
Old August 30th, 2007, 12:47 AM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Johto/Kanto, better than a new region and if its faster, HELL YEAH.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links