The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?
Kanto/Johto 15 46.88%
New region 7 21.88%
Both 10 31.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old November 5th, 2007, 07:40 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
well, what baout if you make it so that you download an installer, and then the installer downloads more files? that would make it so that the time you spend downloading it is nil, you have it install overnight. it would also mean you could have a larger game

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

B. READ THE FIRST POST. 95% of the time that will contain your answer

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old November 5th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
this looks great so far
I've considered for a long time how awesome it would be if there was a 3D pokemon game like the GB/GBA ones.
Anyway, I'm just about to join your forums

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old November 7th, 2007, 09:43 AM
Klingon
Booted out - don't be like me!

I like this; has some interesting things.
Not much bad about it
Good going dude~
Old November 7th, 2007, 10:27 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
The problem is the forums have no-one on them.........
Old November 10th, 2007, 11:24 PM
Pokemon Professor
~The Expert~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pokemon Professor
Ok, as everyone knows, only the first 251 Pokémon from Bulbasaur to Celebi will be in this game. Now we need to decide if we have only he Kanto/Johto attacks or every attack. The poll is here so please go and vote to help us. To remember that the more attacks there are in the game, the bigger the game file for your PC, the game could lag more AND the longer it'll take for us to implent all the attacks and release the final copy.

Just to let everyone know, we're now making some progress on the game. Hopefully we can get a demo out soon after Christmas but I wouldn't out money on it.

Btw, the forums have heaps of members but you have to get on at the exact right time of the day and week to see others on at the same time. But if you sign up and post, you'll always get a response - especially from me and also... erm - one other certain member whom I presume DJB knows of whom I speak.
Want to get rich fast? Visit here to find out how! Don't sign up unreferred though or people will buy your account(s)! This is NO scam! Heaps of people use it, heaps of people love it and it really works!

Old November 11th, 2007, 01:34 AM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Okay, but anymore in game screenshot?
I really want to see them!
They are nice

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old November 11th, 2007, 04:00 AM
Improfane
hiatus

If you're going to have 251 Pokemon you need to have the Johto attacks otherwise you'll have some plain underpowered Pokemon.

Thinking of making a game?
Looking for gamers, spriters, mappers for my Pokemon project.

Improfane's Favourite Post Awards

make a useful post and I put you here!
Dawson
N/A N/A

Old November 11th, 2007, 07:22 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DJB MASTER
I think we will stick with the johto/kanto attacks as its kinda weird having only 2nd gen pokemon that know 3rd/4th gen attacks. I think they will be plenty of attacks to satisfy everyone. BTW about lagging - the attacks are being coded using particles and so each attack is around 1KB in size, lol. So should have no worries with file size limits.

Yes, i know everyone is wanting more screenshots but its really hard to produce something this complex in short periods of time. You'll get ur sreenshots - i promise.

We're now working on the major part of the game - the battle system. I just have to finish my 2 pokemon models to test it and then me and the other programmer can start messing around with it.

BTW - Pokemon Professor, i know exactly who you are on about on the forums - anime. lol.

Vote for Kanto/Johto or new region HERE!
Old November 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Pokemon Professor
~The Expert~

Anime? What about it? And you know my name is Thomas. Just use it. It'd be by nickname if it wasn't taken when I signed up. lol. If only I was a few years earlier. Back on topic - why exactly are we not having all Pokemon from 001-493 again? Because we could model them easily. We've already got people to do the first 251... You know what I mean. =S >.> More attacks is quite good though and btw, who ever said we wouldn't have Johto attacks? We are at the very least having all Kanto and Johto Pokemon and Kanto and Johto attacks - if not more of both.
Want to get rich fast? Visit here to find out how! Don't sign up unreferred though or people will buy your account(s)! This is NO scam! Heaps of people use it, heaps of people love it and it really works!

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:42 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
I think that you should start off small and then do the 4th generation. I think that it would be faster of you did the kanto/johto FIRST (region, maps, attacks, bokemon, items..................) AND THEN update it. I think that if we get a demo, it should include most of kanto and a battle/bag/menu/movement system. Then its pretty simple once those are done, just keep adding.
Old December 5th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Sayaendo
Beginning Trainer

I'm pretty sure it's illegal.. but you won't get sued, not as long as you don't mass advertise it in terms of millions of people downloading it. Nintendo has much more to worry about than to look after people who create fan Pokemon games. You guys are pretty safe.

By the way, are you really gonna code all of the 251 Pokemon? It's pretty hardcore. I've heard from some people that you can import 3D models from ROMs and ISOs.. is it true? If so, you might want to import the models from Battle Revolution or some GameCube game, it can save you a lot of trouble.

About the game itself, my hat goes down to you, it looks incredible, especially for a fan-made game.
I've actually thought of a LOT of ideas for a Pokemon 3D RPG, I'll sum it up all here, hopefully one will help you. The ideas are mainly based on the 'what if' that Nintendo did it, so they're pretty detailed and might be too complicated, or just not appealing to you guys. From here on I'm copying and pasting from a textfile I've been saving [it's a collection of a lot of people's ideas].

Outside of battle:
-Sidequests. Tons and tons of sidequests. Like, I wanna catch/beat a one-armed shiny Scyther with a scar on it's left eye that's been causing trouble to the Safari Zone. The League itself is a sidequest too and the Legendaries are the main plot of the game.
-HMs rewritten to 3D environment. For example, Fly is completely manual and you can land everywhere you want, a very fast Run will be an HM, etc.
-HMs and TMs are not gonna be as they are, but like, say, Zelda games, you need to go to a specific place and someone there will teach the Pokemon the attack.
-There's gonna be some sort of a big city that's fully online. People will trade and battle with each other easily. It could have exclusive events, Pokemon and other stuff.
-Starting a battle is totally different. The Pokemon will move around freely, like in Pokemon Snap, and you'll challenge one you'll choose by getting out your Pokemon first. The others will go away and you'll be able to battle the Pokemon. Of course, they can challenge you too. And there's no annoying intro to battles. Battles can happen everywhere, hell, might even in the middle of performing Fly just like Surf, as long as you have Pokemon that could battle in that environment. Fully Water Pokemon can't battle outside of water [Rivers should be everywhere to allow them to battle], etc.

Inside of battle:
The battle will be used in 3rd control directly over Pokemon, and not turn-based. This is a huge difference and is more accurate since you're the one deciding if an attack misses or dodged, speed affects the battle more etc. and, of course, you don't need to sit through very long fights looking at your Pokemon standing there doing nothing taking hits. Playing Pikachu in Super Smash Bros. is similar.
Pokemon could learn 6 attacks. 2 "Supporting" ones and 4 "Main" ones. The 2 supporting ones will be physical attacks like Tackle, Jump, Dash, and some of the attacks that exist. Pokemon will never forget such attacks they learn, but just like you need to choose which 3 weapons to put on your C keys in Zelda, you'll need to choose which 2 attacks to put on the Supporting slots. Main attacks will be varied like attacks that change the stats like Growl and normal attacks.
This can allow stuff like combos, like Jump + Tackle + Thunder to increase Attack by 50 or something for that certain attack.
To heal a Pokemon, you'll need him to get close to the trainer to do that, and it'll give quite a few seconds of openings to do more damage. Pokemon will block Pokeballs by simply whipping them away [like in the manga], and you can't throw a Pokeball at an already fainted Pokemon because.. it's against your moral, or some other excuse.

This is quit long.. I hope you'll find anything useful.
Old December 5th, 2007, 02:47 PM
The Dash
Hurr.

Location: Lurking in the shadows of the Games Development fourms.
Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to The Dash Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Dash
It's not illegal as long as he doesn't make a profit from it, Nintendo have said that about Fangames before.

Old December 5th, 2007, 05:59 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

well, i slightly disagree
the speed and such of the attacks would be left up to the pokemon - like how fast they move, and how fast teh attacks are actually done. like a delay before attacks
other than that, i'm fine with what the long post said
i've always wanted a game in which you control the pokemon themselves
slight problem though - how do you do 2vs2 battles?

A. READ THE GODDAMN THREAD. I don't care if you don't read all 100 pages of it, but read the first post AT LEAST.

C. SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING. It doesn't help anyone and it gets rather annoying.

D. This is not a place to talk about every topic imaginable. It is a place to talk about a certain game, or whatever the topic of the thread is. If you want to say something else, be it about something you are doing, or just something not related, DO NOT SAY IT. This is NOT the place.

E. RESPECT EVERYONE. In case you've forgotten, these are real people that you're talking to. I'm sure that if you were in person, you would NOT be talking to others the way that you do now. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE FOLKS, REMEMBER THAT.

F. BE GRATEFUL. All of these hacks/games are done by people in their spare time, for no money. They invest ALOT of time and effort into these projects, and they do it for their enjoyment, not yours. If you try and be greedy, or talk as if they are going to fall to your every whim, DON'T. They are not doing it for you, they are doing it for them. The only thing that you should say is either constructive criticism or a suggestion that you think would make the game better overall. Note that I said SUGGESTION.
Old December 6th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Sayaendo
Beginning Trainer

@ scienceboy
About the speed, the stat still influences your speed of movement. The higher the stat, the higher you can move with the Pokemon around, the more control you'll have using something like Dash etc. For example something like, if Speed is up'd by 50 during battle, you can move a little faster, there's less delay before attempting a Main attack, stuff like that. And overall the Speed stat by itself influences some of the attacks like Gyro Ball.
About 2v2.. I dunno. Probably the computer will control the other one, and you can switch whenever you like. But since the game is still early in the series I don't think he'll put 2v2 this early.
Old December 15th, 2007, 08:30 PM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Hmmm some nice ideas but we''ve pretty much covered what's going to be included. As for 2v2 i dont think it will be in Pokemon3D because i think it sucks!

There hasnt been much progress because the team is very busy with personla stuff liek exams and college work. I hope to progress much faster in the new year and hopefully be able to release a demo.

Old January 4th, 2008, 10:27 AM
CP3
2Pac is still alive!

Will there be multiplayer?

Old January 4th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Rogue Shadow
Dragon Master

sounds good, im surprised that your the first one to think of the idea that ive heard of

Old January 9th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Pokemon Professor
~The Expert~

DJB, I'm sorry to burst your bubble but as a hardcore pokemon fan, I have to say Double Battles are actually just as good as Singles. Imo, they are better and more strategic. I think you might have a lot of people chasing after us we don't include it... I like the RTS idea but for Pokémon, I just think it's a little complicated.

Last edited by Pokemon Professor; January 10th, 2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old January 10th, 2008, 04:30 AM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
It's a good idea, but it aint gonna work..
THose 3D pokemon are from super smash bros brawl, and Brawls only has 4 pokemon characters.
Squirtle,Charizard Ivysaur and red the trainer..
So you need to make all of the pokemon 3d and many triners 3d..
I aint saying it's impossible, but it's just something you should remember :)
anyways if everything works out im sure to play this :D

I'll make a man out of you!
Old January 10th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Pokemon Professor
~The Expert~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossel View Post
It's a good idea, but it aint gonna work..
THose 3D pokemon are from super smash bros brawl, and Brawls only has 4 pokemon characters.
Squirtle,Charizard Ivysaur and red the trainer..
So you need to make all of the pokemon 3d and many triners 3d..
I aint saying it's impossible, but it's just something you should remember :)
anyways if everything works out im sure to play this :D
Dude, have you thought about Pikachu? Also, Melee had Jigglypuff and Mewtwo so they might come back. Finally, did you know there was a Pokémon Stadium 1, 2 and 3 (in Japan but everywhere else it was just 1 and 2) and also, Pokémon Snap, Pokémon Colosseum, XD Gale of Darkness and finally, Pokémon Battle Revolution. But look, we know what we are doing with modeling etc. so just don't worry...

Old January 10th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Crosell
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
i dont worry :P
I just said it without thinking of the other games :)
Good luck

I'll make a man out of you!
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:17 AM
DJB MASTER
Pokémon3D Team

Well we have already got most of the pokemon models done, they just need smoothing a little so they look better in the engine. I've been working mostly on the GUI at the moment and programming collision systems. I've just invested in some new software to make some high-quality terrains and skycubes. Also i've figured out how i'm going to do the water in the game - using shaders/fixed function pipeline. It might be a little too realisitc though with semi-cartoon graphics and full reflecting water, lol.

We've been experimenting with particle systems for the battle engine. As for 2vs2 it would be extremely hard to implement as AI systems are hard enough for 1 opponent, let alone 2!!! Multiplayer hasn't really had much thought yet as i dont have the knowledge to program multiplayer gameplay...YET. Tonight i will try basic multiplayer like trying to play a sound from 1 pc- to another. Then i will try sending simple variables > the basics of the trading cards which i hope to implement.

I dont really post many updates on this forum so check out the Pokemon3D forum updates topic for current updates.

Old January 14th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB MASTER View Post
Well we have already got most of the pokemon models done, they just need smoothing a little so they look better in the engine. I've been working mostly on the GUI at the moment and programming collision systems. I've just invested in some new software to make some high-quality terrains and skycubes. Also i've figured out how i'm going to do the water in the game - using shaders/fixed function pipeline. It might be a little too realisitc though with semi-cartoon graphics and full reflecting water, lol.

We've been experimenting with particle systems for the battle engine. As for 2vs2 it would be extremely hard to implement as AI systems are hard enough for 1 opponent, let alone 2!!! Multiplayer hasn't really had much thought yet as i dont have the knowledge to program multiplayer gameplay...YET. Tonight i will try basic multiplayer like trying to play a sound from 1 pc- to another. Then i will try sending simple variables > the basics of the trading cards which i hope to implement.

I dont really post many updates on this forum so check out the Pokemon3D forum updates topic for current updates.
Go with more realistic water, even though it sounds weird, it would look cool.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:49 AM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

maybe the realistic water would remind us that pokemon are fake ...

Old January 14th, 2008, 12:06 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
Quote:
Originally Posted by scienceboy View Post
maybe the realistic water would remind us that pokemon are fake ...
What's that supposed to mean?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links