The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Drk Dragonite
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
Don't get me wrong, Paul is a great character, he should even be the rival for d/p. But I'm come on everyone, Ash OMG beat lance and all of those tough characters, but looses to this new guy's chimchar. Also Ash should have said something when on the opening short movie for d/p, when Paul wanting to challenge Ash in the beggining but did not have three pokemon on him. Then even calling Ash pathetic. Anyone Agree?
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:40 AM
Mr.Altosax
Trainer

Yeah I know Ash shouldn't have mentioned the pokemon at Oak's lab, as well as the fact that he was the Orange Champion, and was included in the Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn leagues...When did Ash fight Lance, though do you mean Drake?

And it would actually be amazing if Paul was the rival for D/P instead of the...crazy blondie with the Flock of Seagulls haircut.

*My Claims*

----------------------------
What a Fool Believes-The Doobie Brothers
Roll with the Changes-REO Speedwagon
Grand Illusion-Styx
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:27 AM
haffeysucks
lolpwnt

Send a message via AIM to haffeysucks Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to haffeysucks Send a message via Yahoo to haffeysucks Send a message via Skype™ to haffeysucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Altosax View Post
crazy blondie with the Flock of Seagulls haircut.
Cynthia? LOL good analogy.

Name: lolpwnt | Temp FC: 4940 3475 2168
Currently looking for a reliable AR cloner...PM me
My team is undergoing some makeovers right now, so please hold off challenges until further notice.
3v3 Single Battle Record: 4-0
6v6 Single Battle Record 7-2

Claimed:
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:40 AM
Mr.Altosax
Trainer

Not Cynthia, she's the champion. I was talking about the rival, your childhood friend.

*My Claims*

Grand Illusion-Styx
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:45 AM
haffeysucks
lolpwnt

Send a message via AIM to haffeysucks Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to haffeysucks Send a message via Yahoo to haffeysucks Send a message via Skype™ to haffeysucks
Quote:
Not Cynthia, she's the champion. I was talking about the rival, your childhood friend.
Oh, that male character...I always relate "blonde" to females lol.

Name: lolpwnt | Temp FC: 4940 3475 2168
Currently looking for a reliable AR cloner...PM me
My team is undergoing some makeovers right now, so please hold off challenges until further notice.
3v3 Single Battle Record: 4-0
6v6 Single Battle Record 7-2

Claimed:
Old June 25th, 2007, 07:55 AM
Nekonron
Aspiring Pokémon Master

Ash should have at least kept one of his stronger Pokemon around besides Pikachu. Who knows how many times Team Rocket had managed to run off with Pikachu leaving Ash with some low level Pokemon.

Okay, so maybe those are enough to take care of TR, but it would still had been nice if he had kept some other stronger Pokemon *cough*Charizard*cough* around just to put Paul back in his place

I like Cynthia, though. I think she's the coolest champion so far :D Rival ain't so bad either, at least its something new. Although I agree that it would have been much nicer to kick Paul around instead of him.
Old June 25th, 2007, 08:02 AM
NocturnLeader
Team Nocturn Leader

Nature: Impish
I think of Paul as the New Gary. Paul Is such a retard when he keeps saying Pathetic, I think Ash should just say it back in a dorkier way just to mock him.

I agree that Paul should be the rival in the game.

White 2 - 0691 - 4493 - 9690 ~ Eirwyn ~
Old June 25th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Drk Dragonite
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
That is true about Paul being like Gary. Another thing about Paul is that he is anoying with the catching and tossing away crap I mean look at some of the episodes so far. He's thrown away 2 starly, and a stantler or two. He should be nominated for the trainer who has given up the most pokemon in the shortest amount of episodes lol. And the pathetic thing is annoying, quoting Paul talking to Chimchar 'Don't laugh at them you are still as pathetic as before'. Now quoting to Ash' You are a pathetic loser...'
Old June 26th, 2007, 06:54 PM
411Break
Beginning Trainer

Paul seems like the best rival so far.
Old June 26th, 2007, 07:26 PM
redha
Mad Trainer

do you think paul will be like gary,i mean like at the johto series he doesnt seems to be that annoying to ash

sory for my bad english
Old June 27th, 2007, 01:19 AM
kohei
Pizzaman.

Nature: Mild
Paul reminds me of a real hardcore "competitive" Pokemon player.
I mean come on, he makes references to IV (as in his so called "useless" Pokemon.)

Therefor, I relate to him.
Old June 28th, 2007, 08:21 PM
Apathetic_Yen
very original

The reason why Paul calls Ash pathetic so much is because, well, he's right. Ash sucks so bad, what do people see in that loser? He uses Pickachu (still hasn't improved since the orange islands obviously)and an Aipom (ugh, that thing, I just don't know). His other pokemon I can understand, but Paul's had them for about the same time and he actually beat the first gym leader.

Proof of how gay Ash is: If anyone recalls an episode from the first season Ash begins to complain he hasn't caught many pokemon like Gary. Soon he catches a Primeape. Two episodes later he lets it go......................................Wow.

One more thing: It's kind of good that Paul isn't the rival for the games because he would just be another Silver. The resemblance is...scary. Only difference I see is the purple hair.
Congratulations! Your Super Smash Bros. Melee has evolved into Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl wants to learn the character Lucario.
However, Super Smash Bros. Brawl already knows four pokemon characters.
Should a character be deleted and replaced with Lucario?
Which character should be forgotten?
1,2, and... ... ... Poof!
Super Smash Bros. Brawl forgot Mewtwo.
And...
Super Smash Bros. Brawl learned Lucario!
Old June 29th, 2007, 12:07 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
I'm waiting for the episode where they return to kanto with dawn and paul ends up at oaks, and all ash's pokemon hear him call Ash pathetic XD

Old June 29th, 2007, 02:38 AM
Nekonron
Aspiring Pokémon Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
I'm waiting for the episode where they return to kanto with dawn and paul ends up at oaks, and all ash's pokemon hear him call Ash pathetic XD
Damn, I'd like to see that happen!

Actually, just Charizard would be enough :D Who knows, maybe it decided to go on a Sinnoh tour and caught Paul calling Ash pathetic.
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:12 AM
NocturnLeader
Team Nocturn Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekonron View Post
Damn, I'd like to see that happen!

Actually, just Charizard would be enough :D Who knows, maybe it decided to go on a Sinnoh tour and caught Paul calling Ash pathetic.
And thus Charizard sends out Flamethrower and then sits on him...LOL. Or better yet Ashs Snorlax sits on him!

He is one of the better Trainers like Ash has gotten to be. Ash can be annoying but he is still a good trainer, he has come a long way since he first started.

I remember when he sent out his Pikachu against a rocktype and his Butterfree as well!

Old June 29th, 2007, 04:06 AM
Mr.Altosax
Trainer

Back in the day that Pikachu beat Brock's Geodude and Onix with just electricity...Though, he was pumped up, but I'd estimate that now he's just as strong as he was when his electricity was overly charged. And he has Volt Tackle and Iron Tail now. The only reason that Ash lost was probably Volt Tackle's Recoil, and Turtwig getting hit by...FLAMETHROWER! Who knew they had tms in the anime. Then again, Buneary learned ice beam within the first few episodes Dawn had her. Then Aipom was just kind of whimpy, but he did get ambushed.

And I think that when Whitney said that she was referring pokemon in plural.

I definetely hope that all the Sinnoh battles are like this one, though. They must have a higher budget now...

Paul got off pretty lucky with Elekid's brick break. Ash should be able to take him, he's the Orange League Champ after all.

*My Claims*

Grand Illusion-Styx

Last edited by Mr.Altosax; June 29th, 2007 at 07:43 AM.
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:36 AM
NocturnLeader
Team Nocturn Leader

Quote:
Who knew they had tms in the anime. ..

Actually a while back I believe in the 2nd series towards Johto A girl gardener had a Gloom who said that she bought double team and solar beam for her gloom and she gave it to it. So I think they have order them to give it to them.

Also there are people in the ANime that teach pokemon the learned moves, and sometimes pokemon will already know the move from a Parent.

Old June 29th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Mr.Altosax
Trainer

Wow, well I don't think I watched all of Johto, and barely any of the Hoenn season so I probably did miss a lot I guess.

I actually just thought of something, for all we know Paul isn't a newbie. (Though I missed a couple eps so ignore this if I'm wrong) He seems a bit stronger than that, he may have started in Johto or Hoenn around the time Ash did. After all, we never actually saw him getting a Chimchar from Rowan.

*My Claims*

Grand Illusion-Styx
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:51 AM
chibi
Advanced Trainer

Nature: Hasty
Turtwig > Chimchar. Ash will win
Old June 29th, 2007, 07:57 AM
NocturnLeader
Team Nocturn Leader

Quote:
Wow, well I don't think I watched all of Johto, and barely any of the Hoenn season so I probably did miss a lot I guess.

I actually just thought of something, for all we know Paul isn't a newbie. (Though I missed a couple eps so ignore this if I'm wrong) He seems a bit stronger than that, he may have started in Johto or Hoenn around the time Ash did. After all, we never actually saw him getting a Chimchar from Rowan.
I think he came from Johto with his Electabuzz. It doesn't really tell of where he came from yet. But I think he came from there. He probably has many pokemon as well as ash does. But he only brought along 1 so he can ctach stronger and better ones.

Old June 29th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Apathetic_Yen
very original

Quote:
Paul got off pretty lucky with Elekid's brick break. Ash should be able to take him, he's the Orange League Champ after all.
Although Ash isn't using any of his pokemon (excluding Pikachu) from the Orange League.
Congratulations! Your Super Smash Bros. Melee has evolved into Super Smash Bros. Brawl!
And...
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Chibaymega12
Enemies of the Leaf Beware!

Send a message via AIM to Chibaymega12
yeah, it killed me when ash lost against Roark and Paul won, considering that he championed the orange league and the battle frontier, and then some new chump comes through and makes ash look like a loser, very bad choices on the creators part, i think if they wanted a rival this early, it should've been another experienced trainer thats been through what at least half of what ash has been though
Old June 29th, 2007, 05:25 PM
Apathetic_Yen
very original

Yah it really annoys me how Ash's Pikachu, beats a Dragonite (with a little help but still, beats a Dragonite), helps Ash get through at least 20 gym battles and the battle frontier, beats a friggin Regice (that was stupid but hey, it's the creator's idea, idiots), and yet, ties with an Elekid. Elekid, a baby pokemon with nowhere near as much expierence as Pikachu and is being trained by a newbie trainer. WTF
And...
Old June 29th, 2007, 08:38 PM
Nekonron
Aspiring Pokémon Master

Quote:
Judging from his attitude, I highly doubt it. He might have Elekid for quite a while, but I think he would have let Elekid evolve if it could. He does want the strongest possible Pokemon after all, and since Elekid hasn't evolved...
Old June 30th, 2007, 08:06 AM
Chibaymega12
Enemies of the Leaf Beware!

Send a message via AIM to Chibaymega12
yeah, i've expressed this before, i dont think that Chimchar is his starter

No one has said clearly enough so that we KNOW that Paul is a starting trainer. It says so on serebii, but he doesn't act remotely like a ten year old, if he was ten, he'd be just as clueless as dawn is now I think he's around Ash's age and caught Elekid before he went to sinnoh, what became of his other pokemon, i havn't a clue, and i don't know why, seeing as he wants the strongest pokemon, he didn't bring them with him.

Hopefully the creators will make an episode explaning Paul, his attitude, and his life before sinnoh
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links