Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon General
Notices

Pokémon General Theories, experiences and other discussions regarding the Pokémon franchise that can't be covered in any of the other boards.

Old May 18th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Isaac 1
Greatest NINJA swordsman

Advertise here
Who would it be. I would start w/ a Zapdos
lookie here to yell at me, click here... "Isaac, Garet, Doooon't Diiiiie" -Kraden, Golden Sun1-I'm sooooooooo obsesed w/ that game."I fight for the sake of others, not just the fun of it." my old saying"know your enemys better than your best friends" old proverb
Old May 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Corsola
Colorful Coral

Corsola :D

obviously XD!!! Corsola to me has some good attacks already so yay

JOIN BULBASAUR's DEN!!!!
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Iveechan
based on a paperclip

Send a message via AIM to Iveechan
Gee, starting off with a legendary Pokemon, how fair.

I'd like to start with a Hitmonchan, but if evolutions are out of the question, then a Heracross. See, no evolutions :D.

Old May 18th, 2004, 10:13 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
lol... I don't think it works that way Iveechan ; Starters seem to have to have a total of 3 different stage of evolution. And so in terms of fighting type, there's just Machop and only Machop for you ;p

Not much choice for me too... Spheal o.o;
I really like the whole Spheal family... except for Walrein because it evolves from a beloved seal to a freaky walrus (I hate walrus in real life too, and I love seal in real life...). Too bad no Chinchou, no Wooper, no Seel to choose o.o;
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:01 PM
Purin
Crazy about Pink Hairdos

Location: Not at PC, coming back only for a really good reason. Coz I'm busy...
Send a message via AIM to Purin Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Purin Send a message via Yahoo to Purin
I want an Igglybuff for a start. It's a baby Pokemon which has 3 stages of evolution! =D
If I can't have Igglybuff I won't mind having a Pichu. Some of the cuter Pokemon that I like =P

Just came back. Below is my old signature.

Pokemon Adventures (US) Manga Revival Petition!
Paired up with Fixen
Member of PC Yellow Fan Club and Pokemon Special Club!

Old May 18th, 2004, 11:07 PM
Phoenix Boy
Guess Whos Back..........

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Phoenix Boy Send a message via Yahoo to Phoenix Boy
I would take bulbasaur cos of its great attacks

^ Thanks Casty For the banner (It links to my forum)
My Stuff
Bulbasaurs Den (Web site)
My PC stuff
Team Coral
The Harry Potter Club
[spoiler=My Friends list]Tatt,ash_misty4ever, Castrainer,Lt surge,KURA&KILL_Hunter PM me to be here![/spoiler]
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:31 PM
Aedan
Pokemon Breeder

If it didnt have to have 3 evolutions, i would choose Meowth...

Otherwise, an Eevee would be great..
Old May 19th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Fox_Die
xlink kai user

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fox_Die
I'd like to start off with a tyranitar
Old May 19th, 2004, 11:07 AM
AJHalliwell
Forrest Green Gym- Person

BULBASAUR RULES! eh hem. And not just for its attacks, its just plain out the cutest, smartest, toughest, coolest, pokemon! If i lived in *Any city* i'd move to Pallet, just to get Bulbasaur.
But, otherwise. Hm, I've always wanted bulbasaur! lol. And the starters aren't always three-evolution pokemon. Misty started out with a staryu, and Brock an Onix. I think misty started off with staryu. Either Staryu or Goldeen, I've always assumed a staryu that evolved into Starmie. Hm, intesting! lol- off topic. Oh, Erika started off with a Gloom. And Max almost started with slakoth. Wait, does that have three evolutions? I think so. Hm.
There were those ones that started off with Nidorans (male and female). Thats all I can think of right now. Well, I'd start off with Bulbasaur. Other then that, I would literally accept ANY pokemon! I'd even imagined how I could love a goldeen if it was a pokemon i'd gotten. All pokemon would be nice! (all as in any, but all of them is okay to)
Forest Green City Gym Leader - Plant Pokemon Master!

Old May 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Chairman Kaga
living in the past

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chairman Kaga
If we had to follow the three-evolution rule, I'd probably have to chose Larvitar or Dratini...if not, I would choose something like Dunsparce, Chimecho, or Murkrow...neglected stuff rules

Old May 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
~*Silent Tattsu*~
Has gone~

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ~*Silent Tattsu*~
Hmmmmm... *Goes off into my Pokemon daydream world* I'd love to start off with a very young Absol , a Togepi or a Eevee ^__^ They'd fit me fine !

--- Why i left PC ---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Kaga's sig
<< left PC and PROUD OF IT >>

I've come to my senses--PC makes me absolutely sick, I hate it. No, this isn't an attention-grab like some morons say it is, it's my stand against the degredation of this once-great place. It's clear to me that PC has been absolutely ruined, and I'll never be back. I'd like to thank the few of you who stand with me, especially people like Silent Tattsu and Frostweaver, as they have given me the strength to rise above this place. I need to get on with my life, especially after some of you have perverted and absolutely obliterated the old PC spirit. I'm not welcome here, and if I may say so, I don't care to be here. Just you wait, and PC will be dead. Not the forums themselves, as, at length, was stated in another topic, but the spirit of PC, more important than any individual member or group of members. It's fading fast, and I won't be around when it disappears, leaving an empty shell of a forum filled with members who delight in this new, ruinous order. So I have chosen to be brave and leave, even if it is unpopular or considered un-PC-ish. Well, as far as I'm concerned, I'm about as anti-PC as anyone can get right about now.
Nuff said. I don't need to explain, Kaga says it all. Please don't PM me, since i won't be here to check them. And while your at it stop giving Kaga bad rep points for his sig. One word i-m-m-a-t-u-r-e.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:23 PM
jj984jj
Elite Beat Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to jj984jj
Zapdos? Absol? How fair.

Well if it were upto me I'd start out with a Altaria and if I could pick a legendary I'd pick Jirachi, but that's not really fair either.
Part of #PocketMonsters.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Sparks_67
Im a real boy

I want to start off with a houndour or teddiursa.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:27 PM
DragonTrainer
Shiver me timbers!

I, myself, would definetely pick a dratini, hands down. It's final evolution, Dragonite, has been my favorite pokemon since I can remember, can you tell? It's just so graceful, gallant, and not bad of a pokemon all together. It has some decent stats, and a nice, all around movepool, enough for me anyways. I'm not hardcore player or netbattler, but I think Dragonite would be an awesome pokemon to have

~DragonTrainer
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Theres Poliwrath and Blaziken, even though their respective original forms arent fighting. ;;

Oh well, Id take Pichuu I guess. Its my favorite Pokmon, even if its last evolution cant do much at all. -.-;
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

I like Raichu! It's so cute. ; Anyways...

I would definately start out with a Pichu. I don't care about its stats or anything, lol. I want a Pikachu so much, and starting out with its super-cute pre-evolved form would not be a bad idea. Whoever created Pikachu is a genius, in my opinion. It's just the most adorable thing ever, and if you disagree, then I'll come hunt you down and attack you!

Not really, but don't say it, just incase.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)

Now if I can bend the rule... then I'll either take one of the following: Wooper, Seel, Chikorita, Chinchou, Lapras... la di la di la~~

Actually... I can use Horsea as well ^-^

*dream team of favorites: Articuno, Lapras, Quagsire, Dewgong, Lanturn, Kingdra*
*winning rate for dream team: 2:50, as there are times where those sheer colds will be lucky and work out in my favor XD;*
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Kairi
The Original $staff_title

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kairi
Its cute, but it just cant cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs HP water isnt the same as Surf Im afraid. Oh well.
This post was aimed at Kayleigh. o.o;
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

the last time I've seen a Raichu definitely surprised me... it went physical... o.o; It subbed on my switch and then focus punched next turn x_x; (Poor poor Zangoose!)

Raichu is just lacking speed and special attack compare to Jolteon, who has a better ability too (not to mention baton passing skill)
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Kayleigh
Pokémon-de-Superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostweaver
Call me strange but I just find Quagsire to be so much cuter than Raichu o.o; (Pichu and Pikachu...? Umm... just as cute ;p)
I'm glad you think so, lol. And Chikorita is just as cute! It's one of my favorites. I love the design; its color, the little leaf, its feet, it big, adorable eyes, everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi
Its cute, but it just cant cut it without some luck or maybe against other UUs HP water isnt the same as Surf Im afraid. Oh well.
This post was aimed at Kayleigh.
Ooh, well, good point. Pikachu didn't seem to be very... good on Colloseum, in my opinion. (Since we're talking about this stuff.) Either that, or I'm just a bad Trainer. o_o; I couldn't even get one hit on the Easy level. The other Pokmon always KO'd it first. But, all three of those evolutions [Pichu, Pikachu, and Raichu] are still cute. They would be nice for little companions, maybe not so much for fighting, but just to have as a little pet, kind of how Togepi is to Misty. I would love to have a little baby one!
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Varied Deoxys
Beginning Trainer

I'd like to see a miniature version of Deoxys.

I once played a Crystal Hack that when I got to the part where I got to choose a starter, there was a really long table with all 251 Pokemon to choose from! I picked Mareep.
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Sparks_67
Im a real boy

But you know wooper. I jusr ask cause frost likes them plus they are resistant to thunder but very weak to grass.
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks_67
But you know wooper. I jusr ask cause frost likes them plus they are resistant to thunder but very weak to grass.
and not to mention, almost all dragons are very weak to ice as well. Deoxy can't do crap against quick attacker. Blissey makes 1/3 of all Pokemon in the world useless, while Skarmory can also wipe out another 1/3. Armaldo destroys Ninjask, but Ninjask is still used quite commonly. Shedinja can get OHKO by a lot of stuff, but is still consider to be useful sometimes. Just because it's weak, doesn't mean it's not usable.

Quagsire is in fact one of the only 3 usable Pokemon in my team of favorites that is actually usable in the real game, being completely resistance to both electric and water is a great advantage. (the other being Lanturn and Kingdra, and the whole beam is screwed by a single Blissey or Regice, that is if sheer cold misses ; )
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Sparks_67
Im a real boy

But if you teach a sableye skill swap and then throw out a shednija it will be invicble unless you have a pokemon that knows oder sleuth or foresight and a fighting move.
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparks_67
But if you teach a sableye skill swap and then throw out a shednija it will be invicble unless you have a pokemon that knows oder sleuth or foresight and a fighting move.
And out comes Skarmory and roar...

and that's gg for "invincible" sableye

Plus on top of that, I'm not sure if skill swap will even hit on Shedinja... (not sure about trace either since I never bothered to look up Shedinja's technical information when T-tar roams around NB for endless days)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here