The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Old December 12th, 2005 (05:46 PM).
Miyu-chan
.::f l o w e r g i r l::.

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Miyu-chan Send a message via Yahoo to Miyu-chan
Well, when I was in my APUS class, my teacher brought up this discussion.

Do you think that the ends justify the means, or are the means just as important as the ends?

Discuss. =3

l Paired -MegaDitto l Evil sidekick - Ninja Retsu l Evil Twin -Hiyori-chan l

Old December 12th, 2005 (05:48 PM).
Linoone
MCFRY! you are terminated! o!o

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Linoone
I think the means are as important as the ends, if you do multiple bad actions to achieve a good one, then the means matter, except if that good action makes up for the bad ones, or fixes the problems the bad action created, IMO

he is no ordinary linoone, he is my boyfriend! and my love forever.
I have claimed linoone, manectric and grovyle as my bishies.
Old December 12th, 2005 (06:09 PM).
Drifblim
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to Drifblim Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Drifblim Send a message via Yahoo to Drifblim
They're tantamount. No one, for example, likes anyone that overthrows a ruler with a military force, even if they do establish a better dynasty. Equally, some people don't like Bush for trying to make Iraq into a model country for the Middle East. That's what some Greek rulers did, though, and that's what Vladimir Lenin tried to do.
Old December 13th, 2005 (10:40 AM).
John Denver
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via AIM to John Denver Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to John Denver
It all sort of, depends. If the means are crazy to reach a mild end, then no, the end doesn't justify the means.

It's all purely situational...there can't really be a yes or no answer.
Old December 14th, 2005 (09:05 PM).
Kylie-chan
the fae sorceress
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Quiet
It is, as Dakota said, situational... but when it comes to something like world domination, and you kill people to get your way, not at all.

あの交差点で皆がもしスキップをして もしあの町の真中でてを繋いで空を見上げたら
Old December 14th, 2005 (09:18 PM).
Kinzu_kiwi
Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kinzu_kiwi
World domination! I want world domination!!!

...Personally, I don't know if the ends justify the means. What this saying means to me is, it doesn't matter what you do on the way, by the end of the path, it's fine. I don't think things are justified just because it's easier to end them that way. In a lot of movies the bad guy is gruesomely killed, but it's justified by that they have to stop the bad guy.

Andrew: I just saw an old man being created out of a ball of flame. that's not normal.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links