Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How do you think the game is going?
Excellent so far. 172 51.65%
It's looking great. 98 29.43%
Not too bad... 23 6.91%
OMG IT SUCKS 40 12.01%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
darkerarceus
Advanced RM2K3-er

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazers08 View Post
Hey im trying to play the game but when i click it it comes up to a black screen and says, "RGSS102E.dll could not be found"
Im using Vista. Got any idea to what the problem is?
Download RMXP or the RTP or download mettallic silver it has RGSS102E.dll
because Flameguru put it there
anyway i'm downloading right now!
i'n gonna pick the fire starter (my favourite type)
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:21 AM
PoKéMaKeR
Pokemon Rancher creator!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PoKéMaKeR
Nice demo you've got there!!
I saw a glitch with an attack sprite..
if your foe uses growl, the animation is like you use it..!
Don't think that's what you need, is it
PoKéMaKeR

Edit: If giovanni is talking to Maple, and you go instead of to them, to the lab, she's also in the lab
Edit(2): The event with team Rocket and Maple, you better look at that again, and do things that you'll normally don't do, because I caused a lot of glitches..
If you want to know everything.. just PM me I'll PM them back, I'm not quite in the mood to do alot of typing right now
(Click for the thread)

Last update on the Rancher thread: February 26th 2009

Last edited by PoKéMaKeR; July 23rd, 2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 10:24 AM
shinylugia249
I'm back

I found a glitch. Everytime i go into the lab i keep getting another copy of my starter. I picked the grass starter.
Pokemon Ryen
We're back!

You've waited and now we're back!

Stay tuned!

Stuff that i've been kepping secret from PC.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:21 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
I enjoyed the beta, mainly because of the new Pokémon, but I feel that it could have been much better. The new Pokémon were fantastic, but the maps, plot, and gameplay lacked any innovation. It was still very fun to play, though.
Old July 24th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Huzzah! A beta. But all good things lead somewhere. Like the leaving of houndoomed and the taking over of this project by lorem ipsum.
Old July 24th, 2008, 04:56 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
I enjoyed the beta, mainly because of the new Pokémon, but I feel that it could have been much better. The new Pokémon were fantastic, but the maps, plot, and gameplay lacked any innovation. It was still very fun to play, though.
Well, the main point of this demo was actually only to give the player a taste of the storyline, and what's to come in the future

Those maps you saw were extremely old, such as Berrywood Town, Route 52, Selwood Forest and Lake Luxor, so we actually need a new and better mapper desperately, seeing as I won't be around to do the mapping anymore, even though I've improved a lot in the last while. Maybe I could quickly redo some of these maps before the update? Do you think that would that improve the demo by much?

There should be more features such as the PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant, a pun of PDA), a new menu system, custom graphics, custom tiles, better sprites as our spriter has gotten better since, new text boxes, improved maps and so on. All of that should come in the next demo, so it might take a while to do all of that stuff D:

One thing I'd like to know is why you didn't like the plot? I believe I was the first to come up with one like this in a Pokémon game, and then people started coming up with almost identical ones, so perhaps that's why it seems to be like other games. The plot does get very interesting after you go further on in the game, though.

Quote:
Huzzah! A beta. But all good things lead somewhere. Like the leaving of houndoomed and the taking over of this project by lorem ipsum
Well, hopefully that shouldn't be a bad thing

Oh, and keep those bug reporting coming, I need all of them to be fixed for the next update!

And I'd like to have some new, custom stuff for the next update, too, so you won't be bored. I may even decide to change the events around too, to be more exciting.
Old July 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I'm still willing to map for you Houdoomed. And I'll be downloading the demo tommorrow, Yay!

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old July 25th, 2008, 08:19 AM
dDave
Beginning Trainer

Is it possible to make the screen bigger? or to choose the buttons... somehow
Old July 25th, 2008, 09:03 AM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndoomed View Post
Those maps you saw were extremely old, such as Berrywood Town, Route 52, Selwood Forest and Lake Luxor, so we actually need a new and better mapper desperately, seeing as I won't be around to do the mapping anymore, even though I've improved a lot in the last while. Maybe I could quickly redo some of these maps before the update? Do you think that would that improve the demo by much?
I think that mapping is one of a number of things that are important to a game.

Quote:
There should be more features such as the PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant, a pun of PDA), a new menu system, custom graphics, custom tiles, better sprites as our spriter has gotten better since, new text boxes, improved maps and so on. All of that should come in the next demo, so it might take a while to do all of that stuff D:
I look forward to it.

Quote:
One thing I'd like to know is why you didn't like the plot? I believe I was the first to come up with one like this in a Pokémon game, and then people started coming up with almost identical ones, so perhaps that's why it seems to be like other games. The plot does get very interesting after you go further on in the game, though.
One aspect of the plot that I liked was that Lance and Clair are the main characters. But somehow it didn't really compel me. It just felt like another Pokémon fan game. There wasn't enough novelty. But even so, it's what I want to play, the get-the-eight-badges quest... but something feels missing from the game.

I think this next update you talk about will improve upon a lot of the things missing in this demo.
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Well, figured this was very important for you guys to know, so I'm posting it here...

Pokémon Scarlet is now undergoing some major changes. Some changes being made now are:

Slight event and plot change
Bug fixes
DP graphics by Kyledove (will be credited after everything is finished)
A D/P/P resolution screen
New D/P/P character sprites
D/P battle sytem
New and improved maps
A badge case, accessible from the menu
D/P/P sprites and textboxes
The PTA (Pokémon Trainer Assistant)

As you can see, Scarlet is being changed altogether. So we decided to make everything D/P/P style, so everything will be more modern. Needless to say, this will take a very long time, so there may not be any updates for a while.

We have also decided that instead of having the 'update' I was talking about, this instead should be the second demo. It all depends on whether everything goes successful. With luck, it will!

And since we are going to need new maps, I think we'll need a new mapper. So if you want to apply, just fill out this form:

Quote:
Name:
Examples of Work:
Projects you have worked for:
I'd also appreciate if you have worked as a mapper on another project before, and know yourself you have skill. You will be notified whether you have made it or not by PM.

Last edited by .houndoomed; July 27th, 2008 at 11:56 AM.
Old July 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
so you will be using DP overworlds?
If that's the case... I have a lot of custom sprite you may wanna use 0_o
Just PM me..
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

So you're gonna completely D/P-lize this game project? Well, I must say it will become the best fan game in Game Development if you succeed so I wish you good luck.
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old July 27th, 2008, 12:35 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall Of Famer View Post
So you're gonna completely D/P-lize this game project? Well, I must say it will become the best fan game in Game Development if you succeed so I wish you good luck.
That's actually what we're aiming for - I think Scarlet has the potential to be one of the best, so that's why we're redoing pretty much everything

I'll be sticking around a while to see how things are going. The first demo kind of flopped, so I just wanna make sure it's good to go before I go XD.
Old July 28th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Mr. Absol
Beginning Trainer

AHHAHAHAHAH
This Game Is So Random!
This signature has been disabled.
280 pixels too wide.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

why do you say this game is random 0_o
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Because his mind cannot comprehend the storyline...

Anyway I'm starting the demo now : D

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old July 28th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Hall Of Famer
Born as Hall of Famer

Quote:
That's actually what we're aiming for - I think Scarlet has the potential to be one of the best, so that's why we're redoing pretty much everything

I'll be sticking around a while to see how things are going. The first demo kind of flopped, so I just wanna make sure it's good to go before I go XD.
That's good. I wish you good luck with this game project. Btw, I'm also gonna implement the D/P graphics and systems so can you please share those D/P stuffs with me after the project is completed? Please tell me what you need and I can do anything in return.
Yes, I am the founder of Pokemon HOF

My sites:
Pokemon Mysidia: http://www.pokemonmysidia.com
Poketube: http://www.pokemonmysidia.org
Pokemon HOF Official site: http://pkmnhalloffame.pokemonmysidia.com
Mysidian's board: www.pokemonmysidia.com/forum

Quote:
Women are beautiful for the simple fact they are women.

Old July 28th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Okay, I've only just started the demo, but it seems good so far, I'll be updating if I see any noticeable bugs...

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

I think most of us have already found all the bugs ^_^
Old July 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Crazy Weavile
Manufacturing a deity

I like the demo. However, the means used to keep you from skipping things are rather conspicuous... Perhaps you should tie them into what's happening at the moment? For example, replace the brother/sister playing ball with a Rocket vehicle.
Old July 28th, 2008, 07:22 PM
dDave
Beginning Trainer

@hondour. I have a question... are the attacks of the new starters, which they learn with level up, already done?! or could we make a proposal for other attacks they could learn by theirselfs, because i dont like some of the attacks you give to them -.- but thats my opinion and i dont know if someone else is thinking the same way...
[i hope you understand]
Old July 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Lorem Ipsum

They are the attacks that Houndoomed and I gave them. The sets fit the Pokémon quite well, I think.
[CENTER]
Pokémon Acanthite: Coming Soon
Old July 29th, 2008, 06:03 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Please welcome our new Overworld Maker, Atomic_Reactor! He's already done Lance's OWs in D/P/P style, and so here they are.

EDIT: Removed. I don't want to risk anyone stealing these. You'll be seeing them very soon though, in new screenshots.

And just for fun, here are the old horrible ones.

Stealing will end up in you being reported, so don't even think about stealing these!

I believe Lorem Ipsum is now implementing the D/P tileset, so he should have new screenshots coming soon! Oh, and did I mention that the water starter is going to be replaced soon? ;)

EDIT: Lance should be expecting a wardrobe change, so keep watching the thread for new sprites!

Last edited by .houndoomed; July 31st, 2008 at 06:20 AM.
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Noooo! I love the water starter! And the old Lance sprite *steals*, do you mind if I use it for a cameo appearance in my project? Feel free to say no.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old July 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Sure, go ahead. We don't need it anymore :)
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here