The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How do you think the game is going?
Excellent so far. 172 51.65%
It's looking great. 98 29.43%
Not too bad... 23 6.91%
OMG IT SUCKS 40 12.01%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 23rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
Alistair
Donator Tier 2

Nature: Quirky
That sucks that everything is gone. Well, things happen, and the best thing to do is deal with it and move on (which it sounds like you are doing).

Best of luck on your exams, though.

Just a suggestion, though. If you are going to do a new region, why not base it off of your home country, such as Nintendo does? That could be very interesting.
Old January 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
BlazingLink
Sergeant Serious

Nature: Modest
Good luck Houndoomed

Hope everything comes back better! :D

Old January 26th, 2009, 04:04 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
why am I stuck playing a male character I want to be a female, as I'm not a guy, I'm a girl, so why can't I play Clair

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
why am I stuck playing a male character I want to be a female, as I'm not a guy, I'm a girl, so why can't I play Clair
Because the game is about Lance... It's just like playing as Professor Oak instead of Red, they are a supporting character...

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
but, it doesn't feel right to me to play a guy when I'm a girl

Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Whoop de effin doo. Seriously its his game and if he wants to have it lance centered he will have it lance centered. But of course you dont feel right playing as a guy so i am sure that for you-yes just for you- he will make lance change into a girl![/sarcasm]
But with real serious words its just a game and it doesnt have to be with your gender when you play. And if you really dont want to play cause of that then dont play complaining wont do a thing. Also a random question but:
If you play mario or the legend of zelda(that is if you do sorry if you dont) then you feel strange playing as link or mario?
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

you people take things to serious here, I wasn't ordering him to make it where I can playing a female I was just asking, and I would rather he answer me

[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mitchman

Well i am telling you this. Even if he does listen to you or something for him to make clair playable that would mean a rework in the sotryt and i am pretty sure he is trying to keep it the same.And me so serious? Nevah.
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:17 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

be nice or I will report you

[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Mitchman

What are you talking about? I was being nice and tried my hardest. But that is what would happen for something like that to happen so yeah we will just wait for him to come along.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
Like what was stated above...
You can only be lance, because that is who the story is revolved around.
It was houndooms choice. Quit bickering and accept it please.
Old January 26th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

I am not bickering I'm asking, do not be mean here

[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:10 PM

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konekodemon View Post
I am not bickering I'm asking, do not be mean here
Grow up already; obviously my -rep (without rep power ) didn't help...

You obviously have no taste for decent plot-writing. How can you have -any- story involved in itself if you're always concerned with what the gender of the character is? I don't remember this particular plot, but I'm speaking in general across the board. A gender option, for example, slays any potential for romance subplots. Continuity (say, a sequel) isn't possible because that requires one path, not a gazillion options for who the protagonist is. How can your character have any distinct personality if his or her gender is not held static? Let's be honest: guys and girls do NOT think the same way. Put both a guy and a girl into the same situation, and I guarantee you they will act and react differently. You want to replace Lance with Clair? Um, yeah...again, I don't recall this one, but they are far from the same person. They even interact; the gender option requires for a complete character switch unless you have two viewpoints of the same story in one game (more work than RMXP are likely to do)...from a plot standpoint, the gender option is epic failure. Complaining isn't really appreciated in our community, either...
Everyone knows Acanthite: Would you replace Kamon with his sister? No, you would not; Kiren doesn't appear in GSC...see where the geender option falls apart? Besides, I don't see many male gamers complaining about playing as Samus...

P.S.-I'm a flake; I reported this topic early this morning as being bumped, and it was January, not December ...

EDIT: So Konekodemon hides her red rep box by disabling it...how do I know? Because she dropped me a -rep (no rep power) with a nasty comment like the one below...I'd report it, but it didn't affect me (and it's something to snicker at)...I know it was her 'cause she spelled stubborn with one B both times.
Previously: Agent Zero

Last edited by ▲; January 26th, 2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:15 PM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

will you stop being so stuborn please

[/sig-reason]
Old January 26th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Anuhrima
Darkness and Rebirth

This game is only about the past of Lance not Clair, if you want to play a girl then look at the other games

Old January 26th, 2009, 07:08 PM
Atomic Reactor
@atomicreactor
Community Supporter

Nature: Rash
If anyone is being stubborn, it's you. I've gone ahead and reported you for spamming. Please drop it cause it's getting kinda pointless. We've all made our points about how changing to having a gender option would be bad. So quit .. please.
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Konekodemon
Community Supporter

your the one who's spamming not me i'm blocking you people for this

Anuhrima: Oh I see. That make sense. Thanks for begining nice to me, your the only one who has.

[/sig-reason]

Last edited by Konekodemon; January 27th, 2009 at 12:09 AM.
Old January 27th, 2009, 12:41 AM
EJames2100
Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter

Send a message via AIM to EJames2100 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to EJames2100 Send a message via Skype™ to EJames2100
Game is based around Lance, Lance is a boy last time I checked.

Why don't you go bother them about not been able to play as a girl in Yellow ?

It is a shame that you lost everything But it is good, because now you have a great idea of what you want, add in little new events that you didn't have before and etc.. Only bad thing is probably re-doing the scripts and mapping as f your trying to get them the same will probably be boring ><
Old January 27th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Savant

Move along people. This doesn't matter and you're all partly in the wrong.
Old January 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Just to sort this thing out, I might actually make Clair a playable character as well, but I'm not sure if I should go through all the bother. It would take a lot of scripting, might mess up the storyline and there's nothing bad about playing as a male.

While I'm busy with my exams for the next 3 weeks or so, I'm going to need a lot of help.
This means I'm going to need to recruit more staff. If anyone is interested, please fill out this forum. You can also apply for multiple positions.

Username:
Email Address:
Experience in this position:
Examples of your work:

This is what we are looking for:

Mappers (will be given guidelines and will use Kyledove's tileset)
OW Spriters (someone who can do D/P style overworlds)
DP Trainer Spriters (someone who can do D/P style trainers, back and/or front)
Ideas (this is for moves, items, abilities etc.)

When I am finished with my exams, I'm going to star rebuilding the brand new, better Scarlet.

Thanks,
Houndoomed.
Old February 5th, 2009, 12:40 PM
conorconor
the faithful

Nature: Naive
what is the RGSS102E.dll it says it could not be found

ok i googled it and down loaded but its still not there

Last edited by conorconor; February 5th, 2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:06 PM
AeroMaxx
Tanzanite Pokedex Coordinator

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to AeroMaxx
Hey Houndoomed. I am interested in applying as a staff member.

Username: AeroMaxx
Position Wanted: Ideas
Email Address: [email protected]
Experience in this position: working for items and moves for Pokemon Tanzanite
Examples of your work: link to the forums and work is in my signature.

I have also suggested a few things for items on the Scarlet forums a few days ago.

Old February 7th, 2009, 07:49 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Accidentaly deleted this, sorry.

Last edited by .houndoomed; February 19th, 2009 at 04:16 PM.
Old February 7th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Nytkoi
Pokemon Copper!

Glad to see your back from your break, Houndoomed. Good luck with your future goals.

i am a graphic designer :: want to help me w/ pokemon copper?
Old February 7th, 2009, 10:54 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Username: iPro. (Or TB Pro, dosen't matter)
Position Wanted: Mapper
Email Address: [email protected] ; MSN = [email protected]
Experience in this position: A couple hacks, as well as doing it for fun.
Examples of your work: Engorged Path - Using Kyledoves Sinnoh tiles ; Windfry Pass - Using FireRed/Alistairs tiles ; Cesca Hollows - Using FireRed tiles.

I know I am not a Game Maker, but I have fiddled around with RMXP before. ;; The maps posted are arranged in a timeline. The most recent map is on the Left, and the oldest map is on the right. Feel free to browse my Photobucket for more maps. Thanks for taking your time of day to read this

Sponsored Links