The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How do you think the game is going?
Excellent so far. 172 51.65%
It's looking great. 98 29.43%
Not too bad... 23 6.91%
OMG IT SUCKS 40 12.01%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Hey guys. I'm hoping to have this update out by Sunday, before I go back to school. It should include the following:

Quote:
An update should be coming very soon. Things to expect:

New region map
Character redesigns
New and improved maps
New graphics
Updated first post
Old February 19th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Virtual Chatot
Himmelreich

Send a message via AIM to Virtual Chatot
This game is still in development? Houndoom you drunk Irishman, I'm proud of you

Good to see some new developments are planned, I'll be sticking around

{ A.k.a. virtual chatot o; }
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Ha, thanks man :D
Nice to see you back here too.

Well, I've just finished the majority of the region map. Now to do my favourite part... adding the routes D:
But I like how it looks so far :)

--------EDIT: Big Update--------

Well, here it is. It's not as big as I would have liked it to be, as I didn't have the maps ready in time.

The Shiozu Region

Here it is! The new region map!

Characters

Professor Maple

Lance

Clair

Clint - Rock type gym leader

New Pokémon

Metrazor - Rock

which is obtained using the Plate fossil

Spinosaw - Rock/Steel

Last edited by .houndoomed; February 23rd, 2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
ryushin5
In College YAY! :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to ryushin5
Nice update, I like the new character sprites and I especially love the fakemon, awesome!!!
Old February 22nd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Lady Berlitz
Cinnamon ♪

Nature: Adamant
Ohh, that's a great update, Houndoomed! The Region Map, although I wasn't expecting for us to receive an entirely new Region and new Gym Leaders, is great. The characters are great, so I can't wait to sprite their overworlds. :D

The Pokémon are simply superb. In certain aspects, they don't even look like Pokémon art, but better. Good luck! ^^
██_______██
_█▲▲▲▲▲▲▲█_
_█████████_
_██_____██_
Old February 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Wow man, that's amazing. I really love the new sprites, though Lance's pose looks a bit odd. The fakemon are simply superb. The region map is great too. P.S. if the mapping deal is my fault, I'm really sorry. D;
Old February 22nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
blueguy
No capitalization required. ;D

Nature: Quirky
Wow! I'm very impressed! The Pokémon are fantastic! The region map is nice. Maple's sprite is great too. On Lance's sprite, there's something a little odd with his legs, though... like they're too long? I dunno... anyways... Good work. ;P
Old February 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueguy View Post
Wow! I'm very impressed! The Pokémon are fantastic! The region map is nice. Maple's sprite is great too. On Lance's sprite, there's something a little odd with his legs, though... like they're too long? I dunno... anyways... Good work. ;P
Yeah! That's it. His legs look too long compared to his body(looks a bit like me, in fact).
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:18 PM
TeddiursaFan
is a TeddiursaFan

Glad to see this game is still making progress. I might apply for idealist...
Old February 22nd, 2009, 07:24 PM
fireyboy345
Skilled Pokemon Trainer

Nature: Modest
i like your region map. I think its big enough. Not to mention it has the perfect amount of land mass in it.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 04:25 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Nice man. And holy crap your pokemon have certain edge and creativity to them that well are certainly different from any fan made mon or any pokemon i have ever seen. I also would like to inform you houndoom that i am currently in this post applying for ideas.

Username: Mitchman Is
Position Wanted: Ideas
Email Address: I do not give this out so yeah pm's are going to be used. Sorry i really dont if you want go ask arcane i mean thats what i did for his project
Experience in this position: Again go speak to arcane. he certainly knows my capabilities for ideas and such.
Examples of your work: Pokemon Lost World. I do the pokemon variant and such. But besides that i can build up a good story even a back story if you need. Also for idea for pokemon that i cant do.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:25 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryushin5 View Post
Nice update, I like the new character sprites and I especially love the fakemon, awesome!!!
Thanks man :D
The sprites are by Sprite Killer, and the Pokémon by Strelitzia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmas View Post
Ohh, that's a great update, Houndoomed! The Region Map, although I wasn't expecting for us to receive an entirely new Region and new Gym Leaders, is great. The characters are great, so I can't wait to sprite their overworlds. :D

The Pokémon are simply superb. In certain aspects, they don't even look like Pokémon art, but better. Good luck!
Cool. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPro. View Post
Wow man, that's amazing. I really love the new sprites, though Lance's pose looks a bit odd. The fakemon are simply superb. The region map is great too. P.S. if the mapping deal is my fault, I'm really sorry. D;
Haha, of course it's not. Actually, I was planning to do the beginning town myself, but didn't get around to it. Plus, I'm not that great at mapping

Oh, and I forget to mention, iPro is our new mapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchman Is View Post
Nice man. And holy crap your pokemon have certain edge and creativity to them that well are certainly different from any fan made mon or any pokemon i have ever seen. I also would like to inform you houndoom that i am currently in this post applying for ideas.

Username: Mitchman Is
Email Address: I do not give this out so yeah pm's are going to be used. Sorry i really dont if you want go ask arcane i mean thats what i did for his project
Experience in this position: Again go speak to arcane. he certainly knows my capabilities for ideas and such.
Examples of your work: Pokemon Lost World. I do the pokemon variant and such. But besides that i can build up a good story even a back story if you need. Also for idea for pokemon that i cant do.
Thanks for the application. I'll PM you when I've made a decision.
Old February 23rd, 2009, 03:00 PM
voxhack

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to voxhack Send a message via Yahoo to voxhack
wow i like this game but why does it lag a bit lol
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:46 AM
TeddiursaFan
is a TeddiursaFan

Username: TeddiursaFan
Email Address: I'm the same way as Mitchman for email in which I don't want to give it out, and I use pms more.
Experience in this position: I work with Ryen and Mercury; I've came up with parts of the story for both games and new moves, but I'm cabable of coming up with items and abilities which I can brainstorm up easily.
Examples of your work: Ummm... I don't know how to show you my work when it comes to ideas. Well actually, you can just look in the Mercury thread for the storyline (all of it is not revealed though). I guess you can ask ShinyLugia or Ryushin about my work if they're willing to.
Old February 24th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Awsome update Houndoomed, but lets make is better, whatta you say?

I would like to announce the next chapter in the history of Pokemon Scarlet. As I am sure you all know, unfourtunatly Houndoomed is wishing to retire from Pokemon Scarlet, and game making period. He has recently been looking for someone to take up the project. I would like to formally announce that I am that person. Houndoomed asked me a few days ago to take up the project so that he could retire. I have many wonderful things planed for this project, and I'm sure most of you know what I am capable of, so I assure you Scarlet has been left in very capable hands. So look forward to exciting updates and wonderful enhancments to this already wonderful project.

I encourage every one to check out and register at our forums, the link is in my sig! All the latest Scarlet news and information will be posted there, some of it exclusive to the forums.

I hope everyone is happy with Houndoomed and I decisions, and I am very eager to being working on this wonderful project and furthering it to a level that it deserves to be at!

Minorthreat

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:10 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Yes, and just to ensure you that Minorthreat hasn't gone completely bonkers and started thinking he was the new leader of Scarlet () I can confirm that it is very much true.

I had spent a long time searching for someone to continue mine, and many other people's work, and I finally found that person with Minorthreat.

He is an excellent game maker, and I know he will do his best for this project. I have 100% belief in him

This also means that I will definitely be retiring from game making for good. I think it is for the best, as now I have extremely important exams coming up over the next few years, and I need more time to really study, for my own sake. Of course, it's not just this. I also don't think I have enough passion to continue anymore - but of course, I still wish that Scarlet will be one of the best Pokémon fangames out there.

I expect Minorthreat will be an excellent predecessor, and will try very hard to make Scarlet its best

Sincerely,
.houndoomed.
Old February 24th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Neo-Dragon
Game Developer

Nature: Relaxed
Niiiiiice.
You picked a solid developer there.
Good look Minorthreat. I know you will have the support from all of the community.
I was going to PM this to houndoomed but- I just wanted to ask....
Will you be doing transition year in September? You will have so much free time on your hands that "retiring" might not be the best option. I know how important the next 3/4 months will be for you for your life (at least until your leaving cert lol)- but after that??? You'll be soooo bored lol.
Edit: That's coming from personal experience. Transition year made me sooo lazy. I wish I skipped it.

ZENFORMS: Protectors: A 2D RPG for iPhone
Click the banner to view site about ZENFORMS!

http://www.calisprojects.com/
Like our facebook page and show your support!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Calis-...s/326374858787
Old February 24th, 2009, 05:53 PM
TeddiursaFan
is a TeddiursaFan

Houndoomed is finally retiring... well I wish you my blessings, minorthreat. May this game prosper.
Old February 24th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Likewise
Bye.

I suggest you close the thread, so minorthreat can make a new one when the dp style change thingy is complete xD
Bye to all my friends, I'll still be talking to you on msn.
Old February 25th, 2009, 05:55 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Minorthreat joins the fray! Yeah good choice mate. Well i guess the whole application thing is cancelled unless of course minorthreat needs those workers to help him.
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:07 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo-Dragon View Post
Niiiiiice.
You picked a solid developer there.
Good look Minorthreat. I know you will have the support from all of the community.
I was going to PM this to houndoomed but- I just wanted to ask....
Will you be doing transition year in September? You will have so much free time on your hands that "retiring" might not be the best option. I know how important the next 3/4 months will be for you for your life (at least until your leaving cert lol)- but after that??? You'll be soooo bored lol.
Edit: That's coming from personal experience. Transition year made me sooo lazy. I wish I skipped it.
No way - it's a total waste of time imo. Plus, I want to get out of school as soon as possible

I think I know what I want to do after school, by the way.

Anyway, I agree that this thread should be closed and Minorthreat should make a new one when he has some work done.
Old February 25th, 2009, 03:16 PM
BurstX
What happened to the old days?

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BurstX
wow im totallt delayed but houndoomed the new fakemon look amazing!

Jimmy (押し破かれます。X Burst)
♠ Sarcastic Pixel Artist and Sprite Worker
"No opinion is ever wrong."
♠ Extreme Rival with Kiyoshi
♠ Resides in Ecruteak City

Old February 25th, 2009, 08:56 PM
TeddiursaFan
is a TeddiursaFan

Are you still in need for members? If so, I'm guessing that minorthreat is choosing who to recruit.
Old February 25th, 2009, 09:27 PM
SL1MSHADY
WATCH THE THRONE

Nature: Brave
i like ur fakemon! they're origional, unlike some games...

Old March 7th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Minorthreat0987
Pokemon Tellurium

Hello all! I'm here to make the last update for Pokemon Scarlet. Whoops! I mean the last update in THIS thread =P. lol

Houndoomed and I have both decided it would be best for Scarlet to have a new thread started by myself instead of this one started by Houndoomed...not that their's anything wrong with Houndoomed or anything, we're just thinking about ease of editing the first post and goodies like that! lol

So here is my first Scarlet update, and also this threads last (Sorta ironic if I do say so myself =D)

Here is the new battle layout!

And Here is the New Starting Town, RISEHOME TOWN

*The white tiles to the right will be replaced with a shrine to the Dragon legends(Credits to Strelitzia for the idea!)*
*WARNING! Do NOT steal any tiles from this map, they are for Scarlet only! Action WILL be take to those who fail to heed this warning*

Now, there will be a decent gap between the closing of this thread and the opening of my thread(Atleast I think), so my advice to all of you is that while we are away from PC, we will still be active at pokemon scarlet (Link in my sig). So I would become a member there, and you will gain access to nice little updates while we are away from PC to tie you over until the new thread here is made.

I hope you all enjoy this mini-update, and I can't wait to show off more of Scarlet, after it gets completed that is..lol

Take care,
Minor

Check out my DeviantArt account for info on my new project! Pokemon Tellurium.
My DeviantArt
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links