The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How do you think the game is going?
Excellent so far. 172 51.65%
It's looking great. 98 29.43%
Not too bad... 23 6.91%
OMG IT SUCKS 40 12.01%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old March 20th, 2008, 01:38 PM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Nature: Adamant
I think this is an improvement. I did the same as Wichu, using the Art for Snoweet. The only flaw though, is I'm on my older computer, so I had to do it all in Paint!

It looks good, I think. Tell me what you think.

~Smell

Old March 20th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Angel Haru
Beginning Trainer

cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 21st, 2008, 01:59 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

@ The Smell, I think you know my opinons on the sprite from my post on the forums ;)

I made my own Snoweet. If you study this sprite, you should see the mistakes you made :)

It's not perfect, but hopefully it'll help.

I'm still not going to give release dates for the demo, but here are some very accurate statistics!

Music - 80%
Sprites - 100%
Maps - 65%
Events - 85%
Pokémon Data - 80%
Overall - 82%

Last edited by .houndoomed; March 21st, 2008 at 03:30 PM.
Old March 21st, 2008, 06:53 PM
The Smell
Doof-Man

Yeah! I see the shady on the foot on mine was wrong.

I also forgot about the bumps on it's head... Thanks!

~Smell

Old March 24th, 2008, 08:34 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

NEW MAPS!

New Hazelbranch Town
Untitled City

Looking for names for the city, so suggest away!
Old March 24th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
1 inquiry if it link to starter town than the name should be blowingleave town or spore town
2 iquiry if it is on a random spot then florawall city
Why naturous I get nature out of this
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Pikachu™
Pika Pika!

Nature: Brave
cool hack like the new pokes
Old April 10th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Zephyr Gale
Game maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiery chimchar View Post
cool hack like the new pokes
I really dont even want to go in this , but once again, and for the sake of everyone else.

This is NOT a Hack.

Old April 12th, 2008, 07:42 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Thanks for the support, it's what keeps me going. Things haven't been going all too well and I've been very busy. Lately I have been thinking of retiring for a while/forever, but I just figured that I would be letting to many people down.

There will be a big update soon enough. The demo still needs work, but should be coming rather soon. Remember to keep on supporting us!
Old April 12th, 2008, 02:33 PM
BurstX
What happened to the old days?

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to BurstX Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BurstX
hey houndoomed, i was bored so i decided to give one of your fakemon a shot, so hgeres my attempt at volery , im sorry that its so small

Jimmy (押し破かれます。X Burst)
♠ Sarcastic Pixel Artist and Sprite Worker
"No opinion is ever wrong."
♠ Extreme Rival with Kiyoshi
♠ Resides in Ecruteak City

Old April 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Well, many people support the game.
Don't give up! I'll always support you!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 12th, 2008, 05:43 PM
wildarms001
Random Supporter

hi there houndoomed your game is awesome plz dont give up this game :D we support you hope you can finish this wonderful game of yours :D

Old April 18th, 2008, 01:34 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

I'm not dead yet!

Battling a wild Bawl! I felt like keeping it original, so I'm keeping it the good ol' FR/LG style.

The new titlescreen. Currently being animated. Who could that Pokémon be?

And there's more where that comes from! Come back later this weekend when I should have more for you guys

Last edited by .houndoomed; April 18th, 2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old April 18th, 2008, 05:23 PM
jaysonic1991
Sphere Scripter

Nice, looking real good. Love the title screen as well. Pretty sweet.
Old April 30th, 2008, 07:07 AM
simplynaruto

Dood you should have updated! No lol its ok people get busy. Go bawl!
Old April 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
HeavyOctillery
Locked & Loaded

Not too shabby. I like the cardinal.

If ya want this to be a usable emote, copy & paste to show your support!

Support Amber IDE.......because, seriously, we need an actual Pokemon game engine.

For those who don't know, Nintendo has shut down Pokemon Fusion Generation in a massive case of overreach.
Let's show Nintendo that that ain't acceptable.
Use the hashtag #FreePFG on Twitter, so that one guy's hard work isn't erased.

Feel free to PM me if ya have any questions.
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:23 PM
..Beyond
Cut your losses.

Nature: Quiet
This looks good from what I've seen. Good idea using Lance and Clair.

+ + ?
Old May 2nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Well, things are moving slightly slower than usual lately. But we are slowly getting closer to the demo! I want EVERYTHING to be perfect for this demo as I want it to be one of the greatest, and also because it may well be the last one I make. Yes, I plan to retire from making this game after the demo is released. I'm just finding it difficult with all of the stuff that's going on in my own life. Don't worry though, I'll make sure it gets handed over to someone who I know will do an even better job with it than me

I plan to release another update with a load of screenshots when this thread has around 200 replies. But in the meantime, you might enjoy the new and better Cardi

Old May 2nd, 2008, 05:11 AM
simplynaruto

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your retiring. Now who would make this piece of awsome cake?!
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:19 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Well, now I can say that I am most definitely going to quit after this demo. It's been a lot of fun, and I wish I could continue it, but I'm afraid I have better things to do. I will be finishing this baby up though, and it's gonna be the best thing you ever played! I do not know for sure who will be continuing it. If you have RPG Maker XP and you are absolutely SURE you can do a good job with this game, please let me know by PM or simply post here. I will only let people I trust continue it for me.

Another little surprise for you guys. Thanks to the excellent work of poccil, we now have an almost identical FR/LG naming and nicknaming screen!

Old May 4th, 2008, 05:02 AM
Mitchman

Ok well this is sad. Your quiting. I guess its personal reasons or life that got in your way. Also did simplynaruto turn you off cause i=of his post. Cause it looks like it.
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:39 AM
DamianLeonhart

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcookie_93 View Post
Ok well this is sad. Your quiting. I guess its personal reasons or life that got in your way. Also did simplynaruto turn you off cause i=of his post. Cause it looks like it.
I just wanted to pop in here and ask which post of simplynaruto's you meant? Then as I have already discussed with Houndoomed this game looks... well I don't know if I can just give it one word of praise. I'll go with fantabulous. :D
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Mitchman

The overdone starting noooooo.
Old May 6th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Lorem Ipsum

I'll do it, Houndoomed. I began to develop Aquamarine, but a system re-format completely lost the game. I'd love it if I could take over from this astonishing project.

It is an asset to you and your team, and you will be greatly missed in the Dev scene when gone.

Click on the banner above to take a look at the fangame I lead, Pokémon Acanthite!
We desperately, desperately need Fakemon and tile spriters!
Old May 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
I voted on "It's looking great". The screenshots are pretty good, and I especially love the look of the PokéDex. I see that you've done quite some good work with your fakemon too. How long did that take you?

Now, coming to the only part which I didn't like: The story. I mean, it's not bad, but it's pretty generic for the most part. See:

Quote:
Today is your 13th birthday. To celebrate, you're getting your very own Pokémon. Your Mom wakes you up, and you visit Prof. Maple to receive your starter Pokémon.
The Professor doesn't seem to be at the lab, but one of the assistants gives you your Pokémon instead. What? How come the assistant knows nothing about the professor missing and doesn't tell you something about it? You get to choose between 3 new starters. You also receive your Pokédex.
After getting your things, you go back home. You start talking to your Mom.
All of a sudden, the TV starts flashing. A reporter says that Prof. Maple has just been kidnapped... by a man named Giovanni. You're going to have to rescue him before it's too late! Liek, wut? You're a 13-year old kid and you have to chase a leader of an organization down? And if those news reporters have enough information and know that a guy named Giovanni has kidnapped him, why don't they just leave it to the cops?
After chasing him who? The professor? across Koyoto, you learn that he once again, who? has fled to a strange place called Johto. You chase him down to try to bring him to justice but to do so you have to infiltrate his organization. Eh? Generic much?
That aside, the game looks pretty good. Just try to make your story more realistic.

Edit: Oh, you're quitting? That's sad. =(
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/

Last edited by Archayos; May 6th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links