The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: How do you think the game is going?
Excellent so far. 172 51.65%
It's looking great. 98 29.43%
Not too bad... 23 6.91%
OMG IT SUCKS 40 12.01%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:27 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Advertise here
Quote:
I'll do it, Houndoomed. I began to develop Aquamarine, but a system re-format completely lost the game. I'd love it if I could take over from this astonishing project.

It is an asset to you and your team, and you will be greatly missed in the Dev scene when gone.
Thanks. I was thinking of maybe handing the game over to you, but do you think you'd be up to it? You'd need to continue the storyline exactly as I have it, and it may continue into a sequel or maybe even two. Also, I've asked Sprite Killer if she'd like to have a go at it, and she's currently trying out RMXP and Pokemon Essentials. Do you think you guys could work out a way to work with each other?

Quote:
I voted on "It's looking great". The screenshots are pretty good, and I especially love the look of the PokéDex. I see that you've done quite some good work with your fakemon too. How long did that take you?

Now, coming to the only part which I didn't like: The story. I mean, it's not bad, but it's pretty generic for the most part. See:
Thanks. I'll be replying to the comments you gave in the same order.

This part of the story has been changed. You now get your starter Pokemon first, and THEN the professor is kidnapped.

You are not alone in the quest of finding Giovanni. You go along with your 12 year old cousin, Clair, who is also from the games. Basically you start off by talking to locals and seeing if they have any information about Professor Maple.

No, Giovanni. Unless Prof. Maple has had a sex change that I haven't heard of :p

And again, Giovanni.

Well, what do you call the story in all of the other games? A 10 year old setting off alone an a dangerous journey to become a Pokemon Master isn't very original either.. I think Lance and Clair know what they're doing.

----

The storyline has changed a bit since then. I'll be updating the first post with all of the new information shortly.
Old May 7th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Archayos
THEY KILLED THE PURPLE T_T

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Ah. I see. But honestly, I don't really like the story in the actual games either. It's not realistic. Playername and Clair should have a valid reason for searching for the professor; otherwise why not just leave it to the cops?

I'll give you my opinion about what should do now, as I'm not going to rant without giving absolutely any ideas: Scrap the "News Report" thing.
Instead, make some assistant come running into your house telling you that people with _____ colored clothes came into the lab and kidnapped the professor. You go to complain to somebody with a higher authority, but they don't believe you and think you're playing some kind of prank on them. So with that, you leave for your adventure to get the professor back.

There, you have a valid reason for the player running after the professor rather than somebody else who's a lot more experienced than he is. That's just a sketch though, so you'll need to improvise on it.
Want your game's name here? PM me!

Quote:
In Mimi's terms: "You're stupid. Go away."
/\ I said that to some random guy pestering me for a resource. :/
Old May 8th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Lorem Ipsum

Of course I'd be up to it, Houndoomed I'm sure that Sprite Killer and I could co-develop if she is interested, a bit like you and Asuran did.

You see, the problem with Aquamarine is that I couldn't get people to help me out, which is why it began to slow down. But with this, we already have a team, and it will be picking up pace constantly. Also, this is seconded only by Acanthite, if you ask me. And I'm not just saying that. It has been my opinion for months.
Old May 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archayos View Post
Ah. I see. But honestly, I don't really like the story in the actual games either. It's not realistic. Playername and Clair should have a valid reason for searching for the professor; otherwise why not just leave it to the cops?

I'll give you my opinion about what should do now, as I'm not going to rant without giving absolutely any ideas: Scrap the "News Report" thing.
Instead, make some assistant come running into your house telling you that people with _____ colored clothes came into the lab and kidnapped the professor. You go to complain to somebody with a higher authority, but they don't believe you and think you're playing some kind of prank on them. So with that, you leave for your adventure to get the professor back.

There, you have a valid reason for the player running after the professor rather than somebody else who's a lot more experienced than he is. That's just a sketch though, so you'll need to improvise on it.
Thanks for that. I'll change some things around before I leave

Quote:
Of course I'd be up to it, Houndoomed I'm sure that Sprite Killer and I could co-develop if she is interested, a bit like you and Asuran did.

You see, the problem with Aquamarine is that I couldn't get people to help me out, which is why it began to slow down. But with this, we already have a team, and it will be picking up pace constantly. Also, this is seconded only by Acanthite, if you ask me. And I'm not just saying that. It has been my opinion for months.
I think that sounds like a good idea. I've asked Sprite Killer, and she seems up to it. You'll need to give me time to figure out things like what details I should give you, the storyline etc.

EDIT: I've already edited most of the storyline already. Check the first post and tell me what you think .

Last edited by .houndoomed; May 8th, 2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old May 8th, 2008, 10:49 PM
Archayos

Send a message via AIM to Archayos Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Archayos
Ah. The new storyline makes a lot more sense now. Glad to know that I actually helped. :D

Oh, and about leaving; are you just discontinuing the game or leaving the forums too?

Quote:
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:05 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Thanks, I like it a lot more too

I'll be leaving every forum I'm a member on as well. I wish I didn't have to do it, but it's for my own good.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:07 AM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Wait dont tell me. Your parents are sending you to military school or thye cops are on your hide. Which of the 2? And this better be the best beta or your a liar.
Old May 9th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Archayos

Perhaps I know why he's leaving. Seeing as how he's 14, I assume that he's leaving to prepare for his final board exams. I'll be doing the same a year later.

@Houndoomed: You had better give us some proper reasons in the farewell thread! Don't just disappear on us.

Quote:
Old May 9th, 2008, 11:44 PM
Mitchman
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Yeah exams are important but not to leave a thread forever. I will be leaving soon until the 20th of june cause of exams. But anyway its good that it will be continued.
Old May 10th, 2008, 06:13 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

Don't worry, I'll be making a VERY long farewell post and you'll be lucky if you ever get to finish reading it

I think it's time to let you in on more of the storyline. If you don't want a big part of the game spoiled, don't click the spoiler.

Spoiler:
After finally encoutering Giovanni at Team Rocket Headquarters, he challenges you to a battle. After you win, he will tell you that Professor Maple was kidnapped because they knew she had information on the legendary Pokémon Atlantia, who is said to be resting in a lost civilization deep under the sea. He refuses to give back Professor Maple as she is the only one who knows the whereabouts of Atlantia. She says the only way to locate Atlantia is to find the lost city where Atlantia rests, and that you need a certain item for this city to appear. But even she doesn't know what this item is. She also says if they find Atlantia, it will only cause chaos and destruction, as Atlantia has the power to destroy the whole region, as it did with the lost city. You're going to have to get this item and make sure Atlantia stays asleep, before Team Rocket does and before they destroy the whole region and everyone living in it!

EDIT: Big edit to first post! Next update is the Pokédex.

Last edited by .houndoomed; May 10th, 2008 at 06:31 AM.
Old May 11th, 2008, 05:14 AM
Archayos

That... that's amazing. I loved that bit of the story. It qualifies as the least generic part of a Pokemon game AND is the bottleneck of your story. By just reading that, I can tell that this game is going to be amazing.

Also, are you just leaving every forum, or the whole internet in general? Also, is this temporary (by saying temporary, it can even go upto 3 years lol), or are you seriously NEVER going to come back?

Quote:
Old May 11th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Super Sprita
Beginning Trainer

NICE GAME! Maybe i could sprite?

Old May 12th, 2008, 07:49 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Uh, I think that we have all positions for spriter filled, to be honest. Do you have examples of your sprites anyway?
Old May 12th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Super Sprita
Beginning Trainer

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frorn.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	40763

I made frorn, I figured he was tiny cuz of his name

Old May 12th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Archayos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Sprita View Post
Attachment 40763

I made frorn, I figured he was tiny cuz of his name
...Is that some kind of joke? No offense.

Oh, and has Houndoomed left already? He hasn't posted in a while. I'm expecting a farewell post from him, so he had better come back for it. <_<

Quote:
Old May 13th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Lorem Ipsum

Sprites are pixel works done on the computer, not with a pencil... so I'm afraid I'll have to refuse.

Houndoomed hasn't left yet.
Old May 13th, 2008, 09:24 AM
8th Wonder™
റിപ്പബ്ല ക്ക്

Yay a female prof!! i thought no one would come up with that.
Are you looking for legendaries? I have so many ideas but I can't draw on the PC very well
Well good luck I'm looking forward to this

Spoiler:
http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?8th%20Wonder click that and you will get a free cookie!
clickie ^ ^ ^
Do you like Bionicle? Me too can't wait for Glatorians~
Old May 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
mad_murkrow
Beginning Trainer

Houndoomed, I noticed you added a new Light Type. I'm making a Ruby hack, and I was wondering how I would go about adding my own custom types. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:02 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
This is not a hack, this is a Game Development. Nothing to do with HACK!
Anyway, we are still waiting for Houndoom for the Pokedex update!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
mad_murkrow
Beginning Trainer

Well someone got a hold of a sour PokeBlock didn't they?

If you want me gone that bad, why don't YOU answer my question.

Besides, read Houndoomed's website. He's really busy with schoolwork. I only posted my question because the project I'm working on isn't even off the ground yet, and I have months before I need an answer.

Oh, and btw, I never called Scarlet a hack. I said Iwas working on one and would like input on how to add Types to it.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:12 PM
O.G. Duke
a.k.a OmegaGroudon

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to O.G. Duke
Houndoom is a game developer but you asked him a question about Hack? Please ask in Rom Hack section.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old May 24th, 2008, 04:22 PM
mad_murkrow
Beginning Trainer

OK, now see? That was nice. Thank you for the respect. Problem is, Houndoomed's the first person I've seen that has made a custom Type. So... I dunno.. maybe y'all could direct me to a more appropriate thread. That'd be great. I just.. I'm trying to not be just another noob, and apparently I have inadvertantly been just that. I apologize.
Old May 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
dho1124
Beginning Trainer

so is there gonna be a download or what? this game looks awesome!!
Old May 25th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Vyro
Master Douchelord
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Quirky
this game looks great,except for the starters, they are kind of lame
Old May 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM
.houndoomed
Trainer

I'M NOT DEAD!

Quote:
That... that's amazing. I loved that bit of the story. It qualifies as the least generic part of a Pokemon game AND is the bottleneck of your story. By just reading that, I can tell that this game is going to be amazing.

Also, are you just leaving every forum, or the whole internet in general? Also, is this temporary (by saying temporary, it can even go upto 3 years lol), or are you seriously NEVER going to come back?
Thanks, I like it myself too

I'll be leaving the internet for good. All forums, everything. I'll check in regularly, like once a week, to see how everyone's getting on, but it might go to the point when I never come on.

Quote:
OK, now see? That was nice. Thank you for the respect. Problem is, Houndoomed's the first person I've seen that has made a custom Type. So... I dunno.. maybe y'all could direct me to a more appropriate thread. That'd be great. I just.. I'm trying to not be just another noob, and apparently I have inadvertantly been just that. I apologize.
Well, if it is a hack, then I can't really help you, I don't know anything about hacks. If you're using RMXP, then you should ask Lorem Ipsum. I don't have the light type in the actual game yet as there aren't going to be any light types in the demo.

Quote:
so is there gonna be a download or what? this game looks awesome!!
A demo will be available to download within the next few days.

Quote:
this game looks great,except for the starters, they are kind of lame
I guess everyone has their own opinion

Quote:
Anyway, we are still waiting for Houndoom for the Pokedex update!
And what better way to start it than with some brand new Pokémon designed by our very own Concore!

Roble
(ROBIN - BALL - BUBBLE)
Type(s): Normal/Flying
Evolution Chain: Robin ---Lv. 18--> ???
Species:The Nesting Pokémon
Ability(ies):
Early Bird- The Pokémon awakens quickly from sleep.

Yes, this IS the replacement for Bawl! It has been changed for a number of reasons, but we'll still miss the old Bawl

Veloceon
(VELOCITY - EON)
Type(s): Light
Evolution Chain: Eevee --Lv. Up w/ Light Shot--> Veloceon
Species:The Speed Pokémon
Ability(ies):
Steadfast- Raises Speed each time the Pokémon flinches.

You can't have a game without yet another Eeveelution!

The Pokédex will be fully updated when these Pokémon are given their Pokédex numbers.

And one last little surprise for your guys. The region map is now bigger and better thanks to the help of Wichu and Minorthreat.

Until next time!
Chao!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here