The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Research & Development
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Research & Development Got a well-founded knack with ROM hacking? Love reverse-engineering the Pokémon games? Or perhaps you love your assembly language. This is the spot for polling and gathering your ideas, and then implementing them! Share your hypothesis, get ideas from others, and collaborate to create!
Research & Development programs in this forum are subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #26    
Old February 15th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Teh Baro's Avatar
Teh Baro
In my times...!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind_X View Post
http://sfc.pokemon-inside.net/news-331

Ops. ^__^ Thank you very much.
Works now! Great success!
You're the man, mmx!
__________________
what the fudge
Reply With Quote
  #27    
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:10 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Um...I tried the bugfixed version, this time the rom doesnt crash, but how do you make a shiny ecounter...I've been trying for almost one hour, can anyone help??? Sorry for being a loser at ASM,
Reply With Quote
  #28    
Old February 15th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Teh Baro's Avatar
Teh Baro
In my times...!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacDaGreat View Post
Um...I tried the bugfixed version, this time the rom doesnt crash, but how do you make a shiny ecounter...I've been trying for almost one hour, can anyone help??? Sorry for being a loser at ASM,
First, you should test if it works:

In VBA, go to tools/memory viewer and go to 02022000 (there's a goto box in the corner). make the first byte be 01 and hit the box "automatic update". Encounter a pokemon. Shiny? success! the 01 you wrote is now a 00 again? Great success!

Now, if you haven't already done it, copy the asm script that automatically writes the 01 in the memory like you just did in the test:
0071b770h: 07 B5 03 48 01 68 01 22 51 40 01 60 07 BD 00 00 ; .µ.H.h."Q@.`.½..
0071b780h: 00 20 02 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ; . ..ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Then you make a common script, with the messages and all the stuff you wish.
Before the battle, use the command
callasm 0xA 'where A is the offset where you write the asm script above+1. In the example, callasm 0x71b771.
__________________
what the fudge
Reply With Quote
  #29    
Old February 15th, 2008, 03:32 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
Quote:
First, you should test if it works:

In VBA, go to tools/memory viewer and go to 02022000 (there's a goto box in the corner). make the first byte be 01 and hit the box "automatic update". Encounter a pokemon. Shiny? success! the 01 you wrote is now a 00 again? Great success!

Now, if you haven't already done it, copy the asm script that automatically writes the 01 in the memory like you just did in the test:
0071b770h: 07 B5 03 48 01 68 01 22 51 40 01 60 07 BD 00 00 ; .µ.H.h."Q@.`.½..
0071b780h: 00 20 02 02 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF ; . ..ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ

Then you make a common script, with the messages and all the stuff you wish.
Before the battle, use the command
callasm 0xA 'where A is the offset where you write the asm script above+1. In the example, callasm 0x71b771.
Thanks alot Baro! It works fine for Fire Red but not ruby, cause I want to implement it on Ruby.

In Ruby, the game doesn't crash, everything is going fine but when I put 01 @ 02022000 the 01 turns back to 00 when I ecounter a pokemon, and its not shiny...Well? Can you help again????
Reply With Quote
  #30    
Old February 16th, 2008, 07:22 PM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
hi.
i have gotten this to work properly at last but the offest MMX used (0x71b700) i have things there and i dont want to over write them (because i dont know what it is). I cant seem to get this to work if i place the modified code anywhere else in the rom. please can sombody help me with this.

edit: i ve got it to work from another place in the rom but not without the bit at 0x71b700. i have copyed 0x71b700 to 0x83b700 and did callasm 0x83b771 and it works but not without the same thing at 0x71b700. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
link
__________________

Last edited by linkandzelda; February 16th, 2008 at 07:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31    
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Teh Baro's Avatar
Teh Baro
In my times...!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Spain
Gender: Male
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkandzelda View Post
hi.
i have gotten this to work properly at last but the offest MMX used (0x71b700) i have things there and i dont want to over write them (because i dont know what it is). I cant seem to get this to work if i place the modified code anywhere else in the rom. please can sombody help me with this.

edit: i ve got it to work from another place in the rom but not without the bit at 0x71b700. i have copyed 0x71b700 to 0x83b700 and did callasm 0x83b771 and it works but not without the same thing at 0x71b700. any suggestions?

thanks in advance
link
In the code you write at 0x04somewhat, there's a part that goes 01 b7 71 08, it's a pointer to 0x71b701. Write the code wherever you want and edit the pointer. Remember that you have to add 1 for the pointer. (ex: you write it at 0x765430, the pointer is 31 54 76 08)
__________________
what the fudge
Reply With Quote
  #32    
Old February 17th, 2008, 12:21 PM
linkandzelda's Avatar
linkandzelda
n00b desu ka?
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hastings, England
Gender: Male
Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Baro View Post
In the code you write at 0x04somewhat, there's a part that goes 01 b7 71 08, it's a pointer to 0x71b701. Write the code wherever you want and edit the pointer. Remember that you have to add 1 for the pointer. (ex: you write it at 0x765430, the pointer is 31 54 76 08)

thanks so much again teh baro. you are an amazing hacker. how did you manage to become so good? thank you so much.

link
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #33    
Old February 17th, 2008, 02:43 PM
Mastermind_X's Avatar
Mastermind_X
ASM-Hacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via ICQ to Mastermind_X
Nice to see some people who got it to work. Did anybody check the random-thingy? =)
Reply With Quote
  #34    
Old February 17th, 2008, 11:56 PM
ZodiacDaGreat's Avatar
ZodiacDaGreat
Working on a Mobile System
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Pacific
Age: 21
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via ICQ to ZodiacDaGreat
I tried it!!
It work's 100% on Fire Red but not on Ruby,
Um...Can anyone tell me why the random thingy dont work for ruby???

The thing with ruby is: Well, I've input the code - correctly, when I put 01 @ 02022000 and ecounter a pokemon, the 01 quickly turns back to 00 and the pokemon's not shiny, same thing happens with the callasm thingy...

Perhaps! The offset of the random generator's for Fire Red only - I'm confused here? How come it doesn't work for Ruby??? Can anyone help??? This whole thing is confusing for Ruby.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #35    
Old April 15th, 2008, 02:22 AM
Hardy Har Har's Avatar
Hardy Har Har
Oh dear, oh my...
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: In a Swinub family-free area with Lippy the Lion
Age: 20
Gender:
Nature: Timid
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardy Har Har Send a message via Skype™ to Hardy Har Har
is there any other way to make ALL wild pokemon shiny? i tried using the shiny hack maker but did not work.
Reply With Quote
  #36    
Old April 16th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mastermind_X's Avatar
Mastermind_X
ASM-Hacker
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Germany
Gender:
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via ICQ to Mastermind_X
Write a script which constantly writes 01 to 02022000.
Reply With Quote
  #37    
Old April 16th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Derlo's Avatar
Derlo
Braziliam Hacker!! De Mossoró
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Derlo
I have a question...
Is there the possibility to just do a single pokemon (in a total of more than 2) of the trainer Shiny to be (how in the battle tower)??
It ties now only got to do with all of the pokemons...
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.