Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Reload this Page I can't seem to do it.

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Old July 26th, 2007 (03:06 PM).
you can breathe now. x

Nature: Careful
I can't seem to start any new fic. I haven't written anything since my one-shot "Waiting". Both of them got nothing but good reviews, so it's not that problem.. Obviously, writer's block. >> So, my question is, what do you do to get past it? This has happened every time I try to start something.. and then I just gave up. I was lucky to finish the first two one-shots I did. I don't want it to happen again.

And, um, yeah. Help would be appreciated.. I want to release something soon.
Old July 26th, 2007 (05:53 PM).
No. 1 Grovyle Fan
Crystal Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via AIM to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Grovyle42(Griff8416) Send a message via Yahoo to Grovyle42(Griff8416)
I go on out on a wing and write whatever pops in my head for that chapter
PC Family so far: Cousin - ScytheMaster, Awesomest Sister - Diamondpearl876, Brother - Rebellious Treecko (PM one of us if you want to join it)

------------
Click Below for The Awesome Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile Club
Older Fic banner by Scenice.
Old Fic banner by Sammi-Chan.
New Fic banner by Scenice
Banner and avatar by Anastasia R.
Old July 26th, 2007 (06:14 PM).
What goes here? o__0

Even though it`s writers block isn`t like an Art(drawer)`s block, I still think it`s the same..concept. So, I think you should just write random sentances until an idea hits you like a ton of bricks.
Old July 26th, 2007 (06:24 PM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

I just stare at the four walls and wait for inspiration to strike. xP Actually, I try to write something. I don't really stop writing and claim writer's block. I just keep on going. If what I have is horrible writing, then I can just go back and edit it. If it's good, then I've lucked out. ;

Don't just claim writer's block. Keep writing something, and inspiration will strike again.
Old July 26th, 2007 (07:20 PM).
you can breathe now. x

Quote originally posted by Hanako Tabris:
I just stare at the four walls and wait for inspiration to strike. xP Actually, I try to write something. I don't really stop writing and claim writer's block. I just keep on going. If what I have is horrible writing, then I can just go back and edit it. If it's good, then I've lucked out. ;

Don't just claim writer's block. Keep writing something, and inspiration will strike again.
Man, I thought you were serious at first.

Anyway, I have plenty of ideas. A whole list of them. I just can't.. write them. Bah. I'll see what I can do tonight, when I'm 100% sure I won't be disturbed by anyone.
Old July 26th, 2007 (07:33 PM).

Heh, writer's block does not exist. It's just an excuse we all make to justify the lack of inspiration, motivation and determination. Of course, there are times when we just don't get struck, but the least we can do is avoid excusing ourselves and be patient. Don't feel any pressure, it's just going to make all harder.
Old July 27th, 2007 (12:11 AM).
Remember NovEnder
Super Moderator

People take me seriously? ; Wow. I don't know what to feel.

But, I see what sort of problem you are having. Right now, I have a few ideas swimming in my head for my Pokemon fanfiction. I can see a few scenes going through my mind, but I just can't get them down. One problem is that I have no time to actually write between work and reviewing fanfictions. Another problem is that I switch around from interest to interest. So there would be times that I wouldn't want to write a Pokemon fic, but a Digimon one.

And then there are the times that I don't want to write anything for any fandom. During this time, I don't write at all, instead I would play other video games and not think about writing. But then I start to feel like I'm just missing something in my life, and I have to start writing.

I'm like that now. I feel like I have to write. So I just sit with a notebook, or with a Word document open, and try to get something down. And here's where the rest of my post still stands. My writing really isn't good, and I'm not all that satisfied with what I have, but it is better than nothing. So I'm satisfied with the fact that I am actually writing.

But really, don't force yourself. Sometimes you do just need a break and allow yourself to take a breath. Your brain needs to have time to refresh itself, have some time to recover from churning out ideas. You typed up two short stories. Give yourself a break. Don't worry that you haven't posted anything in a while. I know people who take months between chapters. You do deserve a break.

Boredom is a good way to get inspiration. I've heard many successful stories of people who couldn't write, and they dropped themselves in the middle of nature. Staring at trees does wonders for creativity.

Bah. I hope this post helped more than my previous one.
Old July 27th, 2007 (05:20 AM).
you can breathe now. x

I meant I thought the staring at the four walls thing was serious. XD But no, I take your - and everyone else's - posts seriously.

Anyway, I got a rough draft of the oneshot done last night. There's a start.

Thanks for the help guys.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)