The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Advance Generation

Notices

Advance Generation The hallmark of sprite-based Pokémon gaming, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald set you off on an adventure in the watery Hoenn region with tons of diverse Pokémon to discover. Fans of Kanto can reexplore their favorite region in FireRed and LeafGreen. Here you'll find other fans who enjoy talking about the Pokémon, strategy, and techniques to master this generation.

Old July 28th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Oscuridad
Raikou owns!

Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't have a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?

Last edited by Oscuridad; July 28th, 2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old July 28th, 2007, 11:59 AM
Im not a noob
Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuridad View Post
Okay, I am trying to catch Entei with ultraballs, but it seems impossible as he always uses roar. Is there any way to stop it from using roar? I know putting it to sleep might work, but I don't a pokemon with mean look, and the other trapping moves and moves that put pokemon to sleep... Anyone know a good strategy to catch entei without using a Masterball?
Technically, there is no way to stop it from using roar, but there is a way to prevent roar from working(). Put a pokémon with the ability 'Soundproof' at the front of your party then put it to sleep by whatever means necessary

Pokémon with ability 'Soundproof': Voltorb, Electrode, Mr. Mime, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Oscuridad
Raikou owns!

Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?
Old July 28th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Im not a noob
Read my name, BECAUSE I'M NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscuridad View Post
Thank you! I was thinking about sound proof, but I thought it was a dumb idea, so I just dropped the idea. I have one more ?: Why does roar fail sometimes?
Sometimes the pokémon isn't affected by roar or the attack misses. Usually when it misses it'll just say 'The attack failed'.
Old July 28th, 2007, 07:50 PM
pm_41
Gone and grown up

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Rose Reaper~ View Post
Also Dugtrio will work as it has Arena Trap, great speed and it has dig.
Diglett and Dugtrio also have Arena Trap as their abilities (although they need to be at a high level to be effective).

Twitter | Last.FM | Wakoopa
(If you contact me via the means above, make sure to tell me your PC Username. Otherwise, I will block you.)

Old July 30th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Oscuridad
Raikou owns!

Okay, thanks everyone. This thread can now be closed.
I caught entei yesterday.
Old August 4th, 2007, 02:29 AM
Darkside
Michael Myers

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Darkside
I had with quick Mewtwo. Just teached Hypnosis and used it, one Psychic, Ultra Ball and that was it.

Winner: Finland.

Suck that lmao

Hitler is living in Registeel, it does hand thing...

Natsi-Germany!!!!!
Weird, that some Pokemon-loving dude could be a supporter of Hitler, is it?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links