The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 19th, 2007 (11:46 AM).
shadowdorothy
Beginning Trainer

i wann play this game so bad. whens u releasing it????????????????

I'm looking for artists willing to have their sprites in game. If you like devamping things and NES games contact me.
Old August 20th, 2007 (12:40 AM).
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
A while I think. Anyway what do people think of 2 versions????????????????????????
Old August 20th, 2007 (03:09 AM).
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
This game is nice, got anymore news?
Old August 20th, 2007 (07:46 AM).
Robert~
Hope to be a hacker

WOW this game looks pretty awesome
Old August 20th, 2007 (10:53 PM).
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will someone answer? 2 versions!!!!!!!!!!????????????
Old August 21st, 2007 (06:55 AM).
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon

Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight
2 versions = Harder and double the trouble.

It wont be easy and if they made wiht different game makers they wont be able to link up at all. if it was possible at all.
Old August 21st, 2007 (07:14 AM).
BlueSonic
Booted out - don't be like me!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to BlueSonic
Yeah, sounds/looks great so far!
Old August 21st, 2007 (03:50 PM).
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Wow, thanx for the awsome replies everyone. I can't tell you how much encuragement that gives me to continue to make this. Thanx, really, I can't even explain.

That is a pretty nice story line there jonspolder, but I already have a story line that is pretty in-depth, but still, thats a cool story line for a fan game.

Now, last but not least...

I'm sorry, I have not updated this in a while, but I have been work'n very hard, so don't worry. Like the first post says, I'm working on Pallet Town, which by the way is finished, but I can't show it to you until next weekend because there is no way for my computer to connect to the internet at this house (I have 2). So, again, I'm sorry, very sorry, but just wait a little longer, I'm sure that Pallet Town will amaze you just as much as Snowpoint City.

Also (I think I should've mentioned this earlier) I don't make beta's, but I have a select few people that will test certian things. So, don't ask if you can test something, I will personally contact you if I want you to test something.

Sorry, but there is only going to be 1 version. But you are able to have more than one file, so don't worry.

Sorry for any other questions I missed, I'm in a bit of a rush, since school started I have been really busy. Oh, and thanx again for all the inspiration.

I'll be on next weekend.
Old August 21st, 2007 (05:54 PM).
Pkmn_knight
A Knight Of Pokemon

Send a message via AIM to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Pkmn_knight Send a message via Yahoo to Pkmn_knight
If you need help mapping just tell me what to do and i can try.
I'm sure theres no way to beat your mapping though.
(Also i would need to be told how to map, as in open what file etc..)
But im an okay mapper. I will see if i can find a old pic from a game i stopped doing.
Old August 23rd, 2007 (09:13 AM).
thegodslayer
Unhatched Egg

dude this looks awesome... i hope you finish it unlike almost every other thread on these forums :/ but i love the 36 badge idea and i hope u make all the pokemon catchable :D but keep it this is the best hack i've seen ill bookmark the page hope you finish befor you drop it
Old August 23rd, 2007 (11:39 AM).
Death Rogers
Farmstand Fresh

Nature: Lax
I have a question. What are those two regions above Kanto and Johto? I don't think I've ever seen anything like those before.
Old August 23rd, 2007 (10:14 PM).
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegodslayer View Post
dude this looks awesome... i hope you finish it unlike almost every other thread on these forums :/ but i love the 36 badge idea and i hope u make all the pokemon catchable :D but keep it this is the best hack i've seen ill bookmark the page hope you finish befor you drop it
ITS NOT A HACK, thats for hacks showcase
Old August 23rd, 2007 (10:33 PM).
MegaTailzChao
how do i shot arrows

All I can say is wow wow WOW.

You've really decided to take a big helping. 8 regions? Online play? All the pogeymanz?

I hope to god you are very good with Sphere and know what you are doing.

So how far in are you? Have you even started with the movement engine yet? Pokemon battles? Making the maps?

Because from what I an see all you have is ideas. And ideas are okay but what's AWESOME is when you can actually put these ideas into action!

Gold fan #224672157
Old August 25th, 2007 (08:30 AM).
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaTailzChao View Post
All I can say is wow wow WOW.

You've really decided to take a big helping. 8 regions? Online play? All the pogeymanz?

I hope to god you are very good with Sphere and know what you are doing.

So how far in are you? Have you even started with the movement engine yet? Pokemon battles? Making the maps?

Because from what I an see all you have is ideas. And ideas are okay but what's AWESOME is when you can actually put these ideas into action!
Well, there not all ideas, I have worked on a great many things for this hack, but most things aren't ready to be shown. But that map of Snowpoint that I posted is actually in the game? I've walked in it, the music plays, but the only thing that I have not done is the aniamtion for the snow, but overall, besides the people, zones, and snow, its complete.

So, yes, I have started with the movement engine, (which is already in sphere), I just got to find out how to make some spritesets move faster than others.

I've obviously started on maps, I have all the icons for the items and some other stuff......!!!!!!!! HOLY, I can't believe I forgot to post that in the begging!! *Hitting self on head* Crap... Okay, expect that weekend update to be bigger becuase I just realized that I have some stuff that I completely forgot about.

Anyway...
... but I haven't made a battle system yet, but I'm going to make it as close as possible to the orriginal game as possible. I look at it in a way of; if a gameboy advance can do all that, so can sphere.

I think of myself very good with sphere, but I know I'm not the best, far from the best, especialy at scripting, but I still manage, and I learn something new about sphere every day.
Old August 25th, 2007 (10:01 AM).
Legaia
Ultimate Sphere User

Send a message via AIM to Legaia Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Legaia
Need any help? I am quite good with sphere as you probably know.

Visit the Pokemon: Orange Islands Forum Here
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:30 AM). Edited August 25th, 2007 by Captain Arcane.
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legaia View Post
Need any help? I am quite good with sphere as you probably know.
Ah, so you use sphere as well! Awsome, and judging by your title, your god compared to me.

Try helping me out on this:
If I want to make a spriteset move faster, or slower, what do I do?

Thanx
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:39 AM).
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Yahoo to PokeFanatic12698
Nice game! But one tiny question. If you where to release a demo, would i need Sphere to play it?
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:41 AM).
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeFanatic12698 View Post
Nice game! But one tiny question. If you where to release a demo, would i need Sphere to play it?
Correctomundo, yep! To play this ya need Sphere, but its not even close to being finished, so you can procrastinate for a while! XD
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:42 AM).
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Send a message via AIM to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PokeFanatic12698 Send a message via Yahoo to PokeFanatic12698
Ah i see. Well, this means i'd better start searching for sphere, becuase once you are finished with it ( man is it going to be awhile) I'm going to download it and start playing it right away.
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:49 AM).
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Ah i see. Well, this means i'd better start searching for sphere, becuase once you are finished with it ( man is it going to be awhile) I'm going to download it and start playing it right away.
Cool, I would give you the address to the website, but seeing how I'm not on my computer, and I don't have it on my favorites, I can't give it to you. Sorry
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:51 AM).
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
Cool, I would give you the address to the website, but seeing how I'm not on my computer, and I don't have it on my favorites, I can't give it to you. Sorry
No worries, I am currently downloading Sphere.1 But, since you have been using sphere longer then me, which one would you consider better? Sphere.1 or Sphere.13?
Old August 25th, 2007 (11:57 AM).
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
No worries, I am currently downloading Sphere.1 But, since you have been using sphere longer then me, which one would you consider better? Sphere.1 or Sphere.13?
Your gonna want Sphere V1.13
Old August 25th, 2007 (12:00 PM).
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
Your gonna want Sphere V1.13
Yes i have just noticed on how Sphere.1 has less icons in it. anywho dont you think we are gettin' offtopic? lol. Anyways, good luck with your game!
Old August 25th, 2007 (12:03 PM).
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yes i have just noticed on how Sphere.1 has less icons in it. anywho dont you think we are gettin' offtopic? lol. Anyways, good luck with your game!
Thank you
Later, I'm getting off right now, I got some Pokamon stuff to attend to.
Old August 25th, 2007 (12:04 PM).
PokeFanatic12698
Legendary Trainer

Aye, Good bye! Hope you add the GS Ball aswell Lol j/k

Sponsored Links