The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 14th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
cuttyflam, if you want to address a particular member as in your previous post, use the PM system rather than posting in the thread, as if you don't, it takes things off-topic.

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old September 14th, 2007, 09:19 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsploder View Post
Are you a retard? Didn't you read the warning? *Puts out an AKA47 and loads it* BANG You are an ******* Idiot you have done that a trillion times, now go die in a hole. Next time I swear I'll do something nasty to you.
Uh, not to be mean, but calm down dude. Its fine, he's just showing me his work. It nothing to be shouting about. Its all fine, also you might want to edit that before a moderator sees that?
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:29 AM
marz
ô.o
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Wow man, this game is looking amazing since I last posted here. Development's running smoothly and you're just an idea man 100% o_o
Keep this game coming, because it's certainly one that everyone should look forward to playing!

Are you mapping Route>City>Route or City>City / Route>Route? I'm wondering how long it's going to take for you to map stuff. :x

everlasting rivalry with murderface +
Old September 15th, 2007, 10:43 AM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz View Post
Wow man, this game is looking amazing since I last posted here. Development's running smoothly and you're just an idea man 100% o_o
Keep this game coming, because it's certainly one that everyone should look forward to playing!

Are you mapping Route>City>Route or City>City / Route>Route? I'm wondering how long it's going to take for you to map stuff. :x
Thanx Mr. Moderator XD
But seirously, thank you.

I'm kinda making them by how you travel in the game, but with an exception to Snowpoint City. I had to make that city because I was soooo disapointed with Nintendo's first snow city, that I had to revise it. But yeah, kinda like how you travel kinda thing.....O____o (I'm speakning like a loony)
Thanx again man, for the motivation.

Can you guess what time it is!!!????

Update

I've finished Pewter City after working on it this whole week. I really hope you guys like it. Enjoy
Old September 15th, 2007, 11:56 AM
Death Rogers
Farmstand Fresh

Nature: Lax
Good Lord that's a great map! I'm really going to love this game. You make all the towns so realistic. I hate the ones Nintendo made with maybe one or two houses per town.
Old September 15th, 2007, 12:37 PM
Forest Grovyle
Resident Reptilian Artist

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Forest Grovyle
jonsploder, I have removed your post. It was offensive and served no purpose except to flame another member. Do NOT use this sort of language or insults here again. One of PC's rules is to respect all members - there is always a more polite way of expressing yourself rather than reverting to insults.

You have been warned.

--FG

Forest Grovyle x wakachamo
~*paired since May 2007*~

Old September 15th, 2007, 03:43 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Grovyle View Post
jonsploder, I have removed your post. It was offensive and served no purpose except to flame another member. Do NOT use this sort of language or insults here again. One of PC's rules is to respect all members - there is always a more polite way of expressing yourself rather than reverting to insults.

You have been warned.

--FG
Very sorry I was just extremely angry. He's done that over three times and each time I told him not to. Sorry again, its no excuse.

Annnnyyyyywaaaayyy. Nice mapping, its a great town, but I think that its a little to semetricle, to even, to perfect. Make it a bit more messy I think.
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

UPDATE

I made new Poke Balls, hope you all like them....cause I do!

Quote:
Very sorry I was just extremely angry. He's done that over three times and each time I told him not to. Sorry again, its no excuse.

Annnnyyyyywaaaayyy. Nice mapping, its a great town, but I think that its a little to semetricle, to even, to perfect. Make it a bit more messy I think.
Actually, I don't think its that semetrical at all, if you look at it you can see how the paths don't make perfect intersections, they are all kind of oddly placed.
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:02 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Send a message via AIM to jonsploder Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to jonsploder Send a message via Yahoo to jonsploder
Nice update. Look at the houses, they are different but in a line with each other. Maybe its just me...
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
Nice update. Look at the houses, they are different but in a line with each other. Maybe its just me...
Yeah, but thats how it is in any city (not talking just pokemon) I'm fine with, and other people also seem to be fine with it, so I think its okay.
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:18 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

OK, I don't really care, I have a different view on things.
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
OK, I don't really care, I have a different view on things.
Exactly, and I totaly respect that, and I encurage you to speak your mind whenever I make an update, cause that tells me that everything I do is not what everybody wants.

And that goes for everybody. Speak your mind, it does more good than bad.

Last edited by Captain Arcane; September 15th, 2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old September 15th, 2007, 07:06 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

For the demo out of what percent do you think is done?
Old September 16th, 2007, 01:07 PM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Quote:
For the demo out of what percent do you think is done?
Sorry, but I'm not going to send out beta's or demo's. I see many problems that can, and most likely will arise if I do, so. I'm sorry to say it, but no demo's or beta's.
Old September 16th, 2007, 03:25 PM
mattgcn
.:~PT Staffer #10~:.

Send a message via AIM to mattgcn Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to mattgcn Send a message via Yahoo to mattgcn
Jesus christ those maps are huge.

Good luck!
Old September 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Arcane View Post
Sorry, but I'm not going to send out beta's or demo's. I see many problems that can, and most likely will arise if I do, so. I'm sorry to say it, but no demo's or beta's.
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Then we have to wait to long, not rushing you but through 2008 at least make 1 demo, it doesn't have to be fully complete, only a couple of gyms.
Old September 22nd, 2007, 12:59 PM
Legaia
Ultimate Sphere User

Send a message via AIM to Legaia Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Legaia
Very nice map. I really like your mapping style, it opens the game up very nicely and gives the towns more taste. Great job :D

Visit the Pokemon: Orange Islands Forum Here
Old September 22nd, 2007, 03:48 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Any new updates???????????? Its been a few days...
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Wow!, this is looking excellent, I'm definitely subscribing to this thread. Can't wait to see more updates
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
NytewolfAU2k7
Game Modder & Creator

Nice city , I'm jealous of your mapping skills... I'm thinking of making my towns and citys in the game I'm working on more realistic, more 'alive'...

Great work! Keep it up
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
scienceboy
3 Gen Pokemon Master

Nature: Modest
NICE
this game looks awesome!!
any idea when it will be available, or even a small portion of it??
PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!!
Old September 23rd, 2007, 11:31 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

read the prevouis posts dude.
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:16 AM
sandslash
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Adamant
are there any news?i'd like to see the game
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Captain Arcane
Community Supporter

Change in plans!!!
I have very good news, and also very bad news. So I think I'll start with the bad news, just to get it over with.

Bad News: It seems my computer does not like me very much, and I think it's about ready to take a huge dump. So there may not be very much updates for a little while longer. But don't fear, all my work is backed up on my brothers computer, and I'm playing it safe. But hopefully, I will be able to reformat my computer this weekend...

Very Good News: I know how long this game is going to take, and I also know that people hate long waits, exspecially for something they want really bad, so guess what?? DEMO!!!!!!! Yep, as soon as my computer gets better, I'm going to try as hard as I can to get a demo out, but don't expect to do a lot of stuff, its just a demo.

But again, I am very sorry for the lack of updates for this and I hope that I can make my computer better very, very soon. Oh, and also, thanx for your suport and motivation, it helps a lot.

Note: If anyone would like to make banners or sigs for Pokemon The Lost World, just post it here, or PM me. I'm also trying to make some, but again, if anyone wants to make one or something, just PM me, or post it here.
Old October 19th, 2007, 05:33 PM
jonsploder
Teh SHPLODAR

Awesome as long as it isn't dead! I think that this demo will own!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links