The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Technology & Internet

Notices

Technology & Internet The place to go for all things tech and internet. Share a funny YouTube video or meme, discover the latest useful apps, or just get some free tech support.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:48 PM
Hiroshi Sotomura

Nature: Lax
Given the number of Wi-Fi help requests and such for our flooded forum, all Wi-Fi and router-related questions can go here.

Just for the note, however, Nintendo USB Wi-Fi Connector help should be asked via Nintendo's technical support.

twocows here
I've noticed a lot of people who need help setting up WEP. I'd like to point out that WEP is enabled by default on over 90% of routers and wireless modems. If you try to connect and it asks for authentication, you're probably using WEP. The WEP key (what you need to start a connection) is usually printed somewhere on the router.

If you're certain your router isn't using WEP already, you'll need to enable it through the router settings page. You have to be connected to your router to do this. You can access this by entering the default gateway address for that connection into your browser while connected. To find the default gateway address, open up a command prompt and enter the following command letter for letter:
Code:
ipconfig | find "Default Gateway"
Note that the "|" is not an uppercase "I" or a lowercase "l", but the shift + \ character. If you get multiple results (meaning you have other network interfaces running), try each of the addresses until you get to your router's settings page.

Once you reach your router settings page, check all the settings and such until you find one where you can change between options such as WEP, WPA, and no encryption. I can't give specifics on this because every router's settings page is different. It may help to use Google to find specifics for your particular model. If there is no WEP key set, you'll need to enter one yourself; I believe it needs to be either 13 or 26 hexadecimal characters or digits (I could be wrong). Other than these two things, do not change any settings. Once you have set up WEP, look for a button near the bottom to save your settings. Your router may have to reset, and you'll probably need to set up a new connection on your computer with the new settings.

Finally, please read this FAQ for Nintendo WiFi-related questions before posting them.

Last edited by twocows; December 1st, 2011 at 09:21 PM.
Old July 31st, 2007, 07:08 AM
Dave-o-rama
If you are a false don't entry

Nature: Calm
im gonna get a nintendo DS (and pearl) soon, and im just curious, but does the WiFi come with the DS? or do i have to get it separately?
Old July 31st, 2007, 07:13 AM
Chikara
Toucher of Butts
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM
Horo
Wither Within My Sight

I can't connect cos it keeps saying my SSID isn't confirmed.

Whats that mean
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:30 PM
SilverZexion
§í£vêrZê×îöñ

Send a message via Yahoo to SilverZexion
Me too, I want wifi really bad, Im using somthing called a D-Link. I get an access point but it keeps saying connection fail. I need help, please.
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Dave-o-rama
If you are a false don't entry

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikara View Post
If you have wireless internet, like Clearwire, you can get it for free. If not, you have to go to the store and but a USB connector for it.

It won't work on Vista, yet, so if you have XP, you should be fine with the connector.
thanks! *hopes he can remember*
Old August 4th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Nuke

Nature: Relaxed
How much do the USB connectors cost?

X + Y - 4914-3466-1264
Old August 4th, 2007, 01:04 PM
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nature: Relaxed
The suggested price of the Nintendo USB connectors is about $35 US.

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old August 6th, 2007, 12:04 PM
SilverZexion
§í£vêrZê×îöñ

Send a message via Yahoo to SilverZexion
Its a fair price cause U can use it on any WIFI game, U dont have to buy one for every wifi game, U just need one.
Old August 11th, 2007, 03:35 PM
donpatchi-risu
おおきりす

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to donpatchi-risu
i currently live in a house built on wi-fi, My dad worked on the 802.11 spec, and we have in industrial capacity router, and a whole bunch of wi-fi toys (spectrum analyser, ect..), but at the end of the day, MY DS WONT WORK WITH IT. i think the problem is in the router, the DS wont connect, even with security off!! its an experemental industrial router, made by Extracom, the Israeli start up company my dad works for. it should connect to it like any other router, the Wii did, but the spectrum analyser says it keeps sending the same packet over and over again. if anyone else knows what 2 do let me know, thanks in advance,.... i guess

Javer's PokePet

Clad the level 55 Growlithe!

kanbei's PokePet

Comet the level 55 Shedinja!

Old August 12th, 2007, 02:01 AM
Shiraishi
Orz

My wi-fi worked fine until a few minutes ago. It just wont light up anymore..
Old August 12th, 2007, 09:09 AM
donpatchi-risu
おおきりす

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to donpatchi-risu
Forget about my last post, i found a lynksys that does A,B&G in my basement, and the ds works with it just fine, but the phone and microwave interfere (no big :D)
dont ya hate 2.4 gig phones? they dont share like 802.15 does.
(bluetooth)

Javer's PokePet

Clad the level 55 Growlithe!

kanbei's PokePet

Comet the level 55 Shedinja!

Old August 15th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Shiraishi
Orz

I checked nintendowifi.com and there is nothing about this.

I've been battling a lot over the past few weeks and suddently my wi-fi connector just stops lighting up, I un-installed the regristation tool and tried to re-install it. Apparently it says 'Please put in the wi-fi USB connector' and its already in my USB port. Obviously, my internet is fine. Has anyone experienced the same problem? If so, please post solutions..I dont wanna be kicked outta my clan D:
Old August 22nd, 2007, 11:16 AM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

Can anybody help me with this?

I have a router that isn't in either the compatible or the incompatible list of Nintendo WiFi page (It's a D-Link, though). Note that it doesn't identify the IP Address by its own, I have to enter it manually. I tried and could trade normally the first day. After that, it sometimes manages to enter a few moments, then gets disconnected. Also, most of the time I test the connection it's fine. It's when I connect through Diamond. I have tried taking the FireWall away and everything, but I don't know what else to try. Can this be a router problem? Strangely, I have never had any problems at all when playing Metroid Prime Hunters.

Another thing: If I buy the USB thing, will I have problems about the IP Address or the inability to connect or is it something completely apart that ALWAYS works. I don't want to waste my money.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:52 PM
Bitter
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bitter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bitter
OK I just got my DS and I need to set up my WiFi, but I don't see any settings or anything on my DS startup screen for WiFi.

I want to use my wireless connection from my house, by the way, not hotspots or anything just yet. Thanks.

Bitter.
Old August 22nd, 2007, 03:54 PM
Shiny Umbreon
光るブラッキー

^I know, Pokémon should come with a WiFi guide as MPH did.

Anyway, check www.nintendowifi.com first for instructions.

Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:29 PM
Bitter
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bitter Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Bitter
where do i go on nintendowifi.com?

EDIT: nevermind i got it set up thanks for the link. i navigated my way around and got the info i needed. thanks!

Last edited by Bitter; August 22nd, 2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old September 3rd, 2007, 08:51 AM
Hideki~kun
Platinum Addict!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Hideki~kun
Isn't my problem, but a friends.
When she connects to her router through her Wii it works fine but with her DS it doesn't work at all, any ideas?
Old September 6th, 2007, 04:39 PM
SerenadeDS
Trainer

I had a Question that is REALLY bugging me. I keep getting "Error code # 52000 Unable to Obtain IP Address" Ive been doing research on NintendoWiFi.com, but I come up with nothing. I have NO CLUE what to do, and it really bothers me... I have Wireless router, Ive got everything I should need Im sure... Anyone help?

My Wi-Fi is working now. Haha...

Last edited by SerenadeDS; July 27th, 2008 at 09:09 PM.
Old September 16th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Zet
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
hey guys and girls, I've found a program that monitors nintendo's wifi server but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post the link to it but it's called WFCStatus, it should be the first link in google if you search for it
Old October 5th, 2007, 06:36 PM
StrickeN
The mighty force will Strike

Yeah I get a connection status of ok when I connected to my router but for some reason pokemon says "connection failed" I just dont get it. I have a belkin54g router and I'd love to play on the wifi stuff help plz?

-I really don't get enough VMs D: show me som luv peeps.

Old October 24th, 2007, 03:45 PM
airconditioning
Take it slow, bro.

Hey, I recently bought the Nintendo WiFi USB Adapter, but I can't get it to work. I was able to install it fine, with no trouble. However, whenever I have the Adapter's connection on, I can't connect to the internet. My Wii can connect to the Adapter, but my PC loses its ability to access the internet. If I turn the connection off, I can connect to the internet, but the Adapter is turned off, meaning my Wii can't connect to it at all. Can anyone help me or tell me what to do?

Comp Specs:
P4 CPU 3 GHz
1 GB RAM
Old November 4th, 2007, 10:44 AM
Znale
Disturbed Morphing Jar

Send a message via AIM to Znale Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Znale
There's a really weird thing that has been annoying me for a while now.

It's when I try the Wi-Fi Connection in the WFC Settings, it works perfectly.
But, when I try to log in to the GTS or the Wi-Fi in general in my Pokémon Diamond, it doesn't work, although I get three bars of signal. What is this all about?

Oh, some code that says (20100) appears under the "For help, check the..." text, but everything seems fine according to the Error Code shizzle at nintendowifi.com. So, what is this?!

If you need more info to solve this, just ask.

"Every broken enemy will know, that their opponent had to be invincible" - David Draiman

Lv. 100 Single
Sleep Clause
Evasion Clause
Uber Clause
OHKO Clause
Species Clause
Hacked Movesets/Stats Clause

~Znale
~4553 7464 1294
Old November 4th, 2007, 05:13 PM
TY
Beginning Trainer

My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.

Credit goes to Synchro for avi/sig set.

Pokemon Diamond FC: 4639 8748 1567
Old November 4th, 2007, 07:03 PM
Gummy
by fire be P U R G E D
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by TY View Post
My wireless router stop working while ago the light won't com on and it says USB device not recognized onw of the USb devices attached to the computer has Malfuncition it my second router it acting like the first one I had. Also when I have a acess point with two or three signal bars and I test it connection it won't work.
I believe I had a similar problem. Try turning off your Firewall during installation and while you're trying to connect. Of course, don't forget to turn it back on when you're finished.

Monotype Fire Challenge
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links