The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Closed Thread

Old August 24th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Nature: Lax

Advertise here
Quote:
ZOMG, quick question: am I allowed to control what the newly created NPC says and does? Both in and outside of duels? Because, you know, otherwise this might get a bit tricky. :3

Anyways, yay for the restored computer! ^.^ Now if only Ed got his big entry post...:3
Yes, you may. :3

Quote:

*Is exstatic* I fixed my computer with my Elite Haxxor skills (I litterally pressed 3 random buttons and everything was fixed, I have to re download absalutley everything but who cares, plus now I have no viruses plus everything was formatted Woo!)... In short I can participate again.....
You sure they weren't "Control, Alt, Delete"? XD

x x x x

Old August 24th, 2007, 07:12 AM
Jim
Dinner

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art_Critic_Cubone View Post
You sure they weren't "Control, Alt, Delete"? XD
Zat waz zee second thing zat I tried after Alt+Tab *shoots you* XD You missed my last post >O
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.

x x x x

Old August 24th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Jim
Dinner

Quote:
You mean the vacation one? No, I didn't miss it. I just figured that you'd be able to participate when you got back, and since your character would be involved we'd just stick with the original "hold a spot for Jimz until he gets back" plan.
Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.
Old August 27th, 2007, 03:47 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimz ♂ View Post
Yes but you need to state that with a quote of my post so people like me will understand... Everyone knows that.
Oh, really? I didn't know I'd have to quote you just so you'd understand you were going on vacation. XD

Alright, for those of you who were daft enough to miss the crazy text in Jimz's disabled signature, he's not going to be able to participate in this roleplay until he gets back from holiday/vacation. (Here in the US it's usually called vacation, I have no idea where any of you all are from so just pick the appropriate term. :3) This is why he hasn't posted yet.

JBCPeace, on the other hand, is basically AWOL.

x x x x

Old August 27th, 2007, 05:28 AM
Phanima
That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
Hmm, I thought Jimz had some time to post before he left, but it can't be helped.

Anyway, just a query about cards for NPC's. Are toon monsters commercial nowadays or are they restricted to Pegasus only? Also, what would happen in the result of a draw? Would both players replay the duel or both get disqualified?

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales
Old August 27th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nature: Quirky
Nyu, that's a good question about the toons. As far as I know there is no mention of them being commercially released - or instance of anyone other than Pegasus playing them - in the original YGO or GX, but hey; it's your show, ACC. :3

Oh, and since you mentioned no dueling core characters yet...would it be okay if I staged a Tacey vs Pegasus duel later on? She's still so miffed about the whole team thing that she's bound to file a complaint, and it would just be so...Pegasus-like to settle the dispute by a children's card game. That and I want to put some of my made-up toon cards into action. xD

Scandalous Maido Love Affair and Pair: Phani
Estranged Ex: The RP Section Rules
Sworn Rival For All Eternity and about five minutes beyond: Chibi
Illegitimate Lovechild: Mika
Card-gaming Beta on a Leash: Scarlet

Old August 27th, 2007, 06:32 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Yes, a Pegasus duel would be fine once we reach the point in the plot where he shows up. (Which won't happen until after NYC, which I still have one or two things planned for. We need to quickly move this arc ahead, so I'm going to psuedo-bunny all the characters of the non-posting roleplayers into one spot so we can move it along.)

As for toons being commercialized, I'd say that they are but they're extremely rare, meaning you'd need to search for a long time to obtain them. That would offer an explanation as to why Toon Decks aren't seen very often.

x x x x

Old August 29th, 2007, 05:15 AM
Phanima
That servant of the evil one

Nature: Impish
Geez, those NP characters look enticingly playable, AE, but is anyone else having one of those moments where the leader of the group goes on a wild chase after the main villain while the rest of the team stay back and fight the evil guy's subordinates in a super cool sacrificial tear-bearing scene?

Hmm, just me? Figured as much...

Oh, and I'm going to assume that both Rurian and Achan's second duels were unofficial, right? Since we're only allowed to duel once per round, hmm...

familiar of knowledge. koakuma.
scandalous matriarch love affair and pair. aea illegitimate lovechild. mika loyal steed of comradery. scarlet live-in sisterly familiar. ninetales
Old August 29th, 2007, 06:00 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Either that or their first duels were, since both matches were played with four thousand instead of eight thousand. Gawd, I'm such a loser at this game... >.< Guess I have a bit of learning to do. Maybe I should go on a sabbatical during my first week of school? XD

Yesh, the "internet-Japanese-speaking-girl-and-her-scary-friend" post made me cry out in envy. Curse you for your skill at roleplaying, Alter Ego.

Well, that depends on who the leader of the group is. Achan isn't competent enough, Tacey's too much of a snot, and Michel is too wrapped up in his own evil plot for any of them to be the leader. (Okay, let's face it, Achan and Rurian are both incompetent). So who's the leader, then? Alright, one of us needs to come up with a character that duels like heck and isn't a moral sinkhole right now, so we can enact Phanima's tear-jerker! *shot*

x x x x

Old August 29th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Nyu, on Ben Kai; I reckon' Big Bang Shot could be used too, depending on the situation; Scapegoat adds in a lot of good damage, of course, but you can compensate by more equip spells too. There's more than one way for Benny-boy to go for the kill so as long as you get an end-sum of 8000+ it's all good. ;D With United + Scapegoat you get 9000 total (two 4500 power attacks), but defense squatters hurt your damaging potential so if you want to work with that you'd have to to make sure that there either aren't too many of them around, or slap on Big Bang Shot for not only an extra attack but that nifty damage pierce. Ben Kei rises to the occasion. :3 Basically, Ben Kei decks run a crapload of equips, a couple of Iron Black Smith Kotetsus to dig them out and a bunch of draw and search effects to get Ben Kei into the game as soon as possible while Asura Priest and equipped-beyond-remorse Mataza the Zapper keep the field clear. As far as I know, the Scapegoat + United combo alone is only for empty fields, though. x3 Oh, and I just realized; since Shrink only takes half the monsters' original attack power it does next to nothing in helping you against Ben. (measly 500 damage off for two attacks) =O Regardless, for visualization purposes, here's a decklist for a Ben Kei OTKO:

Spoiler:
Monsters (14)
3x Armed Samurai - Ben Kei
1x Asura Priest
3x Iron Blacksmith Kotetsu
3x Magical Merchant
3x Mataza the Zapper
1x Morphing Jar

Spells (22)
3x Axe of Despair
3x Big Bang Shot
1x Card Destruction
1x Giant Trunade
1x Heavy Storm
1x Level Limit - Area B
1x Lightning Vortex
1x Mage Power
2x Magical Mallet
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Nobleman of Crossout
1x Premature Burial
2x Reinforcement of the Army
1x Scapegoat
1x Snatch Steal
1x United We Stand

Traps (4)
1x Gravity Bind
3x Solemn Judgment

Real extreme-end Ben Kei probably uses even less monsters, but there you go. Not ideal, but the basic concept is in there; buffed up multi-attackers backed by a deck digging engine of Blacksmiths, Merchants, Jar, Mallet, and Card Destruction. Mataza and Ben Kei hit straight below the belt of Level Limit, and Trunade lets you bring back equips to your hand for re-attachment and has some neat synergy with Big Bang Shot and Premature Burial. Solemn Judgment is the final panic button; if something you really can't afford is about to happen; play it. :3 I'd say that Thunder Dragon and Card Trooper are also viable thinning options, particularly the latter since it translates into another beatstick that can smack beneath Gravity Bind and Level Limit. Anyway, there's no need to feel like a n00b for not knowing Ben Kei OTKO's full extent. It is a rogue deck after all, and I'll have to admit that I had to google my way to a YGO forum to find a decklist to base this on. :3

Aaanyway, they had a leader? xD *Shot* But yeah, some kind of noble sacrifice thing would be fun at some point. I mean, that's so Yu-gi-oh!, I love it! Tacey could be all 'Yeah, I'm not only smart, cultured, pretty, and talented; I'm magnanimous too'. Oh, and my little NPC duo could contribute in creating the situation since they're not really the type to care if they're inconveniencing someone else when they decide to play a children's card game with them. ;D

Oh, and it just occurred to me; since the new banlist is coming around in September, will that be reflected in the RP or do we stick with the old one? =O There's some pretty major changes this time around, including the ban of Ring of Destruction and (again) Snatch Steal. Fissure, Smashing Ground, Brain Control and Card Trooper got knocked down to one per deck too. As counterweight; Magician of Faith is unbanned (I think it's back at limited again) and the same goes for Breaker the Magical Warrior. There were some other changes too, like Jinzo, Nobleman of Crossout and Pot of Avarice rising to two per deck. Aww...what am I babbling for, the new list is right here. See for yourself. :3

Last edited by Alter Ego; August 29th, 2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Okay... wow. I need to get a few more YGO cards, because at present my card pool (and knowledge thereof) is infintessimally small. 0_o

Either way, I just went through the trouble of editing that whole duel while still keeping the Limit Break, etc. the same so I'm not going back to change it again unless someone can come up with a completely different duel with the same type of finishing blow. (Does it actually say original attack? I thought it just said "attack") In the future, I'm avoiding OTK vs. Wanderer duels. I mess up too often. I'll just lurk around the Make Your Own Card thread and throw in random decks for Achan's opponents.

As for the new banlist, I'm not sure. I suppose that we'll have to wait and see... maybe Pegasus will suddenly and inexplicably enact a new ban? Keep in mind that I need an explanation for any banlist changes. Anyone willing to help with that, go ahead.

(Hmm... new justification for sucky Ben Kai OTK thing: Natsumi is primarily a Warrior's Toolbox player, but her signature finisher is Ben Kai.)

EDIT: Whoah... guess they decided to semi-limit gadget. A lot of the useful D-Heroes are getting limits slapped on them too. Aw, man, I happen to lurf Ring of Destruction, but I guess I'm going to have to replace that in Achan's deck... oh boy.

x x x x

Old August 29th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Mmmhmm...that works just fine. Scapegoat would probably be in there (Particularly if it's Warrior/Earth Dual Toolbox) and United We Stand and a single Ben Kai for a surprise OTKO don't seem like too much of a leap of faith. Seriously, though, like Frostweaver said; we don't need to stick to competitive cannon here. Also, if you want to play OTKO why not go really rogue and just make up a whacky one of your own? (Take my pet OTKO combo Toon Dark Magician Girl + Inferno Reckless Summon + Megamorph = 8000 direct damage for instance. xD). Or how about the not-so-famous-but-very-amusing Tyranno OTKO? Ultimate Tyranno with Big Bang Shot chowing down three Ojama Tokens for 8700 damage in total.

Me, I learn these things by being a good little YGO geek and reading articles about decks on the internet. x3 Oh, and I just realized: Card Trader would rock the socks of any deck that needs to dig out specific cards as fast as possible and Ben Kei OTKO is really no exception. :3

Last edited by Alter Ego; August 29th, 2007 at 09:38 AM.
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)

x x x x

Old August 29th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Quote:
Well, primarily because I wanted a quick warrior OTKO and Ben Kai just jumped out at me. Heheh....

Yeah, I'll be experimenting with a few other deck types for the next few rounds. In the meantime, I've got a question: would giving Jonouchi a normalcy deck sound ridiculously off? I have a feeling that it would suit him. (Heart of the Underdog ftw)
Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3

Old August 29th, 2007, 10:39 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Well, Jonouchi's style has really been gambling from the start (Dice Jar burn ftw! Naaah, that would be more Duke Devlin), and as I recall he hated being called Underdog (and was giving Yugi the deathstare for saying that Heart of the Underdog reminded him of Junoiuchi), but you know; he might have matured over the years (and pigs may fly), so I don't see why not. :3
Hey look, there goes one now! XD

Well, now I'm concerned. What is Dice Jar Burn? And where are all these deck articles coming from? I need a new resource for this roleplay, dagnabbit!

x x x x

Old August 30th, 2007, 12:01 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Ehh....Dice Jar burn is just a burn deck that uses Dice Jar. I don't think there's any official build like that since gamble decks aren't really in, but here's a purely off-the-top-of-my-head one using the new banlist:

Spoiler:
Monsters (21)
2x Crystal Seer
3x Des Koala
2x Des Lacooda
3x Dice Jar
1x Magician of Faith
2x Mask of Darkness
1x Morphing Jar
3x Morphing Jar #2
1x Nigh Assailant
3x Stealth Bird

Spells (9)
3x A Feather of the Phoenix
1x Book of Moon
1x Level Limit - Area B
3x Recycle
1x Swords of Revealing Light

Traps (11)
2x Magic Jammer
1x Mirror Force
1x Gravity Bind
3x Threatening Roar
2x Secret Barrel
2x Solemn Wishes

Probably full of blindspots, but whatever. Basically, the idea is to set a bunch of flip monsters (Including our good friend Dice Jar) on your field with Morphing Jar #2, cover them with stall cards and start flipping. Lacooda, Morphing Jar, and Crystal Seer help you to dig through your deck faster, Magician of Faith and Mask of Darkness pull out expended stall cards over and over again, and Morphing Jar #2 puts them back in the deck so you can flip them again later on (And sets up a new line of flip effects for a repeat performance), A Feather of the Phoenix sets up any lost flip monster in preparation for either being drawn next turn or set by Morphing Jar #2 this turn and Recycle acts as an optional way of recurring used spells and traps (Note that since Morphing Jar #2 makes you shuffle your deck, the stuff Recycle puts at the bottom can end up at the top). This is really a bit more focused on Morphing Jar #2 (Since this is also our main method of keeping dangerously-sized beatsticks off our opponent's field) but Dice Jar can give you a quick burn finish. Unfortunately, because of its gamble nature, it can also finish you quickly. But hey; such is life. Magic Jammer is there because one card this deck absolutely detests has just gone up to semi-limited: Nobleman of Crossout. If Morphing Jar #2 gets crossed...well, let's just say you don't want to see that happen. It's also a safeguard against the standard S/T removal methods and Solemn Wishes keeps your LP up so you have more than enough to pay for Recycle or an occasional Dice Jar backfire.

As for articles...well, you can always try Metagame.com since they get a new article about once a day on average (not to mention that they have a card searcher (albeit a somewhat lacking one) and decklists from the official tournaments) although admittedly not all of them are about deck builds. You'll probably find more if you just google for them, I imagine. :3

Last edited by Alter Ego; August 30th, 2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Alright, question on rulings because I think I've figured out how to save face with the "misplayed Achan duel of death" while not changing the information involved so drastically that it plays out like a completely different game, thereby forcing everyone else's characters to change their posts as well.

Question: Can twister or mystical space typhoon be activated on the opponent's turn during the battle phase and used to target an equip spell card such as United We Stand on Ben Kai?

x x x x

Old August 30th, 2007, 04:04 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

Ohh...yeppers, as long as you set it it's all good. A set Quick-Play Spell can be activated just like a Normal Trap, so you can activate it in response to say...an opponent's attack. :3

Old August 30th, 2007, 04:26 AM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Ah, then there's my out. My post will be updated in short order.

Oh, and I actually edited my "AUGH! I AM SUCH A N00B! I AM TECH SUCCORZ!" post so that some actual plot development occurred. Go check it out.

In America

So, the plot has come to a standstill. Due to this, tomorrow I am planning to fast-forward things a bit by introducing an odd NPC villain-type person. (GASP! PLOT DEVELOPMENT!)

Of course, I may need some help with his deck...

x x x x

Last edited by Scarlet Weather; September 8th, 2007 at 05:04 PM.
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:50 AM
Alter Ego
that evil mod from hell

ZOMGWUTOOCTHREADBUMP!!! =O

Naah, as if a rules prick like me would ever do such a thing. xD Anyways, I just noticed this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanima's signature
Note: To those who it may concern, I will be taking a leave of absence from the forums starting from September 14. I apologise to those who are associated with myself through RP's, and ask that the Game Masters take appropriate actions in either bunnying my characters or removing them completely.
Thought I'd point it out in case you didn't notice it. So yeah, it seems like Phanima will be absent for an unspecified amount of time too. Oh my...our cast is shrinking again, isn't it? x.O

As always, I'm up for helping out with the deck and all that shizzle. :3

Old September 24th, 2007, 09:16 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Dice Jar has to go coupled with Barrel Behind the Door. It works, because dice jar's burn counts as card effect damage. A really risky but huge reward combo of 6000 burn damage Situational now that ring is gone, but Dice Jar is too dangerous without it XD;

Quick Play Spell if set, can be treated as a normal trap. If they are not set, you can play them like normal spell of course. In addition, you can also play them like a normal trap directly from your hand even if they are not set, if it is your turn.

For example, I attack your Green Gadget with Cyber Dragon. You chain Rush Recklessly on to Green Gadget. However, I can keep chaining with Shrink against Green Gadget, playing Shrink directly from my hand since it is my turn.
Old September 26th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.

x x x x

Old September 27th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Extric
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC-M View Post
Wow, I was always wondering if you could do that. XD

Anyway, villain makes his first appearance. (Ooh... creepy...) And I'm going to make an announcement here: The next RP day is going to be opened by whoever posts next, so all you have to do is have your character wake up and walk outside, or whatever, and everyone else will conveniently join you. Dea Ex Machina! (x3)

Moving on from that, I'm also putting out a shout-out to Lex_Rextron, who had apparently been having hacker issues that prevented him from posting. I sent you a PM saying that I understood, man, you can come back if you want, but if you keep this new absence up I'm really gonna kick you out for laziness.
Sorry about not posting. I've been having a hard time moving my character into the RP, but with this new day I can probally introduce him a whole lot easier.

Old September 27th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Scarlet Weather
The Game is Afoot!

Well, since you're ready to post next, just have him out on the street, looking for his team mates. I'll Dea Ex Machina Achan in or something. It'll be great. XD

x x x x

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here