• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen I forgot how 2 clone...

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
Years
Fear not! super eliana is here!
Okay so you go to a PC and save the game. then go into the PC.
you put a pokemon from your belt into a box. then switch boxes. you know when you switch boxes you need to save? so when it says saving, dont turn off the power do the typical- turn off the power. you need right timing., then turn back on, and look in your belt. that pokemon should br there. thenlook in your PC and the pokemon should be there to ^^

fangle spangle

aint it cute
Years
there was a method a link cable removing, but theres too much risk in cloning, you can lose your entire game save apparently, just play the game how its ment to be played, alot more fun, a lot less risk

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
Years
Link cable? never heard of that one..... but you dont have to clone neccisarily for the pokemon! you can actually put items on the pokemon and in the end the cloned one will come with the item! i dont clone anymore i used to..... *looks at 7 cloned lugias* lol

fangle spangle

aint it cute
Years
yea you traded and i think it was when the second one was moving across you yanked it out and it overwrit the first or something daft, i've seen it done but didnt actually do it, and this was when blue and red were first out i last saw it, so i cant remember the specifics. the cloned items however is very clever, i never thought about that...

Da_Green_Teddy

Emerald Ursaring
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 11, 2004
There is a very safe way to clone in crystal that i have done loads of times and gotten alot of certain useful TMs. However, it does not work in gold/silver. I deleted my friend's best pokemon by trying it on G/S. What you do first is save, go into an empty box, deposit two pokemon(it has to be two, no more, no less), then, when you change to box six, switch off the power when it says not to. When you get back in, you will have the real ones in yuor party and the clones in the box you started with.

Blitz~2005

AKA Blitz
Years
the link one is very risky and deletes the other pokemon being traded sometimes but my bro has yoused the box cheat and had no troubles

we did a cheat to get mew (witch you can find on the net) and duplicated them heeps then traded other ppl for rare pokemon :P

Back