PDA

View Full Version : Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald?

August 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Since my DS's bottom screen is broken and I can't play ds games on it, I'm going to get a new gba game (since I can still play those on it)... And so I ask, which one is the best? I was going to pick emerald... but it's cheaper than ruby and sapphire, what's the deal? ...Thanks! Oh, and I already have firered and leafgreen.

EDIT: Should have made a poll... awww...

msdmario
August 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I liked Emerald the best. There is plenty to do after you beat the game like the Battle Frontier. You can refight the Gym Leaders in a double battle. They'll have pokemon from Johto and Kanto. Also, you can catch both of the legendaries in this game. Finally, Emerald doesn't have that ugly text font that Ruby and Sapphire have.

~RNC~
August 24th, 2007, 12:48 PM
I would also pick emerald, it does have alot more to do and also alot more pokemon to catch than ruby or sapphire.

Pocky
August 24th, 2007, 12:51 PM
I agree, Emerald has so much more than Sapphire and Ruby. You can get both Legendaries, and some Johto pokemon. I wish I still had mine, but I was stupid and gave it to my local Gamestop-_-

~RNC~
August 24th, 2007, 1:09 PM
I have all 5 games (lg/fr/r/s/e) and the only one that I play is the emerald. I'm working to get them all up to level 100 plus you can also clone on emerald as well.

Sweet Candace
August 24th, 2007, 1:15 PM
It's Emerald for all the things Pocky said

Me2UJus4Free
August 24th, 2007, 5:19 PM
Emerald is the best out of the three. It has a lot more features, and you can end up in a double battle at anytime. Which is great.

Random
August 24th, 2007, 9:00 PM
I would just go with emerald, its just the same as Ruby or Sapphire, expect more addons, and new stuff like Battle Frontier, and New area in Safari Zone after beating the game.

The Fallen
August 24th, 2007, 10:02 PM
Emerald would be best. It has more things to do and you can get both Kyogre and Groudon; plus you get to pick if you want Latias or Latios.

The Infinite Devil Machine
August 24th, 2007, 11:59 PM
Since my DS's bottom screen is broken and I can't play ds games on it, I'm going to get a new gba game (since I can still play those on it)... And so I ask, which one is the best? I was going to pick emerald... but it's cheaper than ruby and sapphire, what's the deal? ...Thanks! Oh, and I already have firered and leafgreen.

EDIT: Should have made a poll... awww...

May I ask what store you have seen Emerald in?

And..yeah, get Emerald.

daniofchaos
August 25th, 2007, 12:00 AM
Emerald I say because you have a lot more events and alot more pokemons and you can get almost(or maybe:P) all the legendarys.

n3croart
August 25th, 2007, 1:43 AM
Sapphire/Emerald. Because.. some pokes can't be obtained on Emerald and Ruby so Sapphire may help. If one.. probs Emerald.

~lugialord

August 25th, 2007, 1:26 PM
May I ask what store you have seen Emerald in?

And..yeah, get Emerald.

Gamestop. I was looking at them used, Emerald was $21.00, Ruby/Sapphire were both $29.99...

August 25th, 2007, 2:53 PM
Gamestop. I was looking at them used, Emerald was $21.00, Ruby/Sapphire were both $29.99...

Thanks! *Runs to Gamestop*

J.M.
August 26th, 2007, 1:49 AM
I like all 3 but I'd definitely go with Emerald. Reasons why have already been said so no need to go over them again

rocklee666
August 26th, 2007, 11:22 AM
I have all 5 games (lg/fr/r/s/e) and the only one that I play is the emerald. I'm working to get them all up to level 100 plus you can also clone on emerald as well.

How do you clone in emerald??

khaos
August 26th, 2007, 7:32 PM
How do you clone in emerald??
go to battle frontier and go inside any of the battle arenas. put the pokemon you want cloned in your pc and save. now get them out and go to battle. after chosing your squad the woman will say befor you enter you must save. say yes then there will be a pause. she will say would you like to save and you just turn of the gameboy.

buy emerald...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
August 27th, 2007, 5:22 AM
yes you should have made this a Poll anyways pick Emerald because there is more stuff to do like the Battle Frontier, you catch more Pokemon and you can clone Pokemon

:t354:TG

ptudia
August 27th, 2007, 5:50 AM
the only reason pokemon saph/ruby are cheaper is because there are less of them at gamestop

Ayano Katagiri
August 27th, 2007, 3:10 PM
Go for Emerald like everyone else has said, it's pretty much the works being the combination of both Ruby and Sapphire storylines. And the ability to catch all of Groudon, Rayquaza and Kyogre in one game is good, right? xD

TwilightBlade
August 27th, 2007, 3:16 PM
Emerald ftw. Breeding is faster/easier, battle frontier kicks my arse everyday, and catching more legendaries is nice. ^_^

It costs 21 bucks at Gamestop? 8O After I get some money, I should buy another one for fun since my brother sold his game and my Emerald is full of junk... :x

WarHawk
August 27th, 2007, 3:19 PM
[I think you should buy Emerald because there is way more to do,Battle Frontier,and no ugly text all squished up together.]
//-A.R.M.O.R-\\

Power Ram
August 28th, 2007, 4:16 AM
go for emerald. it just makes everything easier

August 28th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Emerald ftw. Breeding is faster/easier, battle frontier kicks my arse everyday, and catching more legendaries is nice. ^_^

It costs 21 bucks at Gamestop? 8O After I get some money, I should buy another one for fun since my brother sold his game and my Emerald is full of junk... :x

Yeah, but I just found this website where I can get it for $3.00 with free shipping. I was surprised it was so cheap!

Tri-Force X
September 1st, 2007, 8:15 PM
Try emerald and check if your ds is on warrenty.

stella
September 2nd, 2007, 10:27 AM
I liked Emerald out of all of them.It had animated Pokemon, both of the teams fighting each other, the ability to get Raquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre.It was fun to play and I really recommend it.Oh and it has the Battle Frontier.

willis_chong
September 3rd, 2007, 5:53 AM
I also think Emerald is the best.You can have Nintendo Events that can catch Latias/Latios(either one will be the different of the one you chose after you beat the E4),Mew,Deoxys(Speed),Ho-oh and Lugia.Whereas Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire has only the Latias/Latios event.;)

Pivot
September 3rd, 2007, 10:48 PM
I have preferences for Sapphire and Emerald; Emerald I played first, but Sapphire seems to have a better 'feel' to it. I don't appreciate the new features all that much - the novelty was lost after a while.

Obito.
September 3rd, 2007, 10:59 PM
Emerald. i like that one best

September 5th, 2007, 3:00 PM
Thanks everyone! And btw, shinypokes, my ds isn't on warranty... it fell on the ground. O_o

Anyways, I'll most likely be ordering emerald tomorrow. ^_^

pm_41
September 5th, 2007, 3:14 PM
Get Emerald. You can catch Pokes from Pokemon Colloseum in the Safari Zone after beating the Elite 4. It also has a good cloning glitch.

Skelter
September 5th, 2007, 4:07 PM
i'm gonna be different and say ruby...although emerald is probably the better choice....

Pokefan2008
September 5th, 2007, 4:13 PM
dude do you really have to ask?: better grapics,better ppokemon,youy could get all 3 legendary pokemon,battle fronteir,newer,able to migtate,dude the answer is ovious!

SilencedShooter
September 5th, 2007, 4:19 PM
Emerald for sure. It has alot more stuff to do compared to Ru/Sa.

Lugia LoveLust
September 6th, 2007, 12:50 AM
I agree with everyone else,
Get Emerald there's still alot more to do after the Elite 4
& many additons to it too

Scorp Con
September 6th, 2007, 6:15 PM
Emerald Rule!Because,I like Emerald:)

Anthem Of The Fire
September 7th, 2007, 3:04 PM
I had all games and I could not believe I lost dem all.
Well, I lost Emerald last, but at least I still have diamond with The Action Replay, heh.

jack1993jack
September 8th, 2007, 7:11 AM
I think Emerald is way better

shevchenko997
September 8th, 2007, 9:40 PM
Pokemon Emerald is better than Ruby/Sapphire.It's a mix of Ruby/Sapphire.I love this game because I can get both R/S Legends (Groudon,Kyogre,Latias,Latios,Rayquaza).Too bad I can't get both Lati....

September 8th, 2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks everyone! And btw, shinypokes, my ds isn't on warranty... it fell on the ground. O_o

Anyways, I'll most likely be ordering emerald tomorrow. ^_^

So, just a quick question, does your touch screen just not display any image, or does it not work when touched?

Teh_Mudkip
September 9th, 2007, 5:58 AM
Emerald. Except for the fact my save file got deleted after beating the E4, unlike Ruby.

If i had to choose between Ruby and Sapphire, Ruby. I own Ruby and once rented Sapphire, and i like Groudon more.

It's kinda weird that Magma's base is in the water, though. It doesn't make any sense.

Rayquaza FTW! :cool:

Anthem Of The Fire
September 9th, 2007, 6:01 AM
Emerald...................................

Works when touched, is something wrong with your DS

Tanooki
September 9th, 2007, 8:07 PM
Emerald, because it has the most stuff to do.

Though, I did recently start a new game in Sapphire. Out of boredom mostly, but it's still a fun game.

zacharias
September 9th, 2007, 11:27 PM
emerald, cause you can catch all 3 legends