• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fallen Leaves of Autumn

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
Hey, everybody! Since I'm still waiting for PMD2, I did't want to seem totally useless, so I decided to conjure up a story for the mean time. This story explores the friendship between Red and Blue, the rivals of the original Pokemon Red & Blue versions, ad how it grew into rivalry. Chapter 1 will be up soon.

Pokémon:
Fallen Leaves of Autumn
By jb0000612

Prologue

This wind chills me to the bone, thought Red Ketchum as he quickly paced along the old path of Route 1.

It was the first day of autumn, and he was going to get his mother, who resided in his home town of Pallet some groceries, which had been gingerly listed on a thin scrap of parchment.

Tomorrow was his birthday, and he smiled at the prospect of celebrating 14 years of good living.

Another thing that made Red feel good about his birthday was that the day after, he had begun his journey as a Pokémon Trainer with his very first Pokémon, which was a Charmander.

Many more captures followed, and Red soon rose to greatness, achieving feats such as smiting the presence of Team Rocket in the Kanto region, capturing every legendary specimen of Pokémon in Kanto, and above all, becoming the Pokémon League Champion.

He paused for a moment, and then sighed. To become the Champion, he had to best his rival, Blue Oak, a hotheaded and arrogant young Trainer, in a final match. It came to pass that Red's Charizard defeated Blue's Blastoise in an all-out match of skill and power.

Red was filled with joy at having fulfilled his lifelong dream, but at the same time, felt remorse for Blue, for you see, Blue had once been Red's best-and only friend in the world.

Shocking isn't it? And yet, you probably don't know it, but as the months were drawing near for Red to receive his Pokémon license, Blue made life miserable for Red by mocking his dreams of greatness, making Red a fool in all the blinded eyes of the witnesses Blue knew as his fans.

But before that time, it was different. There was no talk of rivalry, nor was there any resentment between the two. No, in a time known as childhood, there was a happy feeling the two shared, something we like to call…friendship.

Red picked up a couple of dead leaves at his feet. He held them to his lips, silently breathed his wish, and let go, watching them fly away with the wind…

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
I'm kinda disappointed that nobody left any comments. Oh, well. Here's Chapter 1.

Chapter One
Intervention

Eight years ago, the town of Pallet seemed a little happier. That isn't to say Pallet had become gloomier in recent years. It always composed of a pleasant atmosphere and friendly citizens…mostly.

"C'mon, Rick! Knock it off!" yelled a young boy of about four. He was trying to retrieve his hat from a portly young bully with black greasy hair. He was surrounded by gangly youngsters with vile expressions on their faces.

"I'm serious!" yelled the little boy, whose name was Billy. "That hat was given to me by my grandma! Now give it back, or I'm telling!"

Rick sneered in a way that made little Billy cringe. "And what'cha gonna do if I don't, huh, twerp? I've got big muscles, and a bigger fist. Now scram before I pound ya!" To emphasize this, he clenched his fist and held it high above Billy's little head.

"Hey, Rick! You call yourself tough, picking on little kids like that?" said a voice. "You look more like a wuss, if you ask me."

Rick turned to see a boy in a red jacket and hat staring down at him from a steep dirt mound. "What are you looking at, squeeb?" Rick snarled crossly. "This ain't none of your Beedrill's wax! Who are you, anyway?"

"It's just that Red Ketchum loser," said another boy named Jack. "He thinks he's the loser liberator just 'cause he sports cool clothes and is a bookworm. He's nothing, really. Ignore him and let's finish this twerp."

Jack turned back to Billy and said, "You want your hat? Here!" He took the hat and put it under his shoe, scrunching it with the dirty surface of the ground. The he picked it up, and in an act of cruelty, threw it at Billy's feet.

The little child gingerly picked up the dirty and beaten hat. Its vibrant colors were now ruined with the dirt and wrinkles. Tears began to fall, and before you knew it, he sank to his knees with sobs that shook his body.

The group of bullies cackled dismissively at his misery. "Now let's take him to the lake and throw him in!" sneered Rick. "And if anyone asks," Jack snickered, "Just say 'Mommy, I wet myself!'!"

Red had seen enough. He pulled out a wooden slingshot from his jacket pocket, and set a small rock in the rubber band. He raised it, and took his aim at the head bully's fat head. Pulling back the rubber band per rock, he released it.

KONK! The rock bounced off Rick's head like a small rubber ball. But it hurt a whole lot more.

"AUGH!" screamed Rick, grabbing his sore head. "Who chucked it?!"

The group of young brutes turned to see Red running off. "Get him!" Jack ordered, and they took off after the fleeing boy.

Red panted quickly and rapidly as he dashed through the roads of the town. He kept his arms and eyes at the same level as he leaned into his body, increasing acceleration.

But the boys chasing him happened to be one or two years older than him, so avoiding them soon became out of the question as he saw them behind his back. Desperate for a diversion, Red looked both ways. In the right, he saw a path leading to Route 1.

Red was hesitant about leaving the town into the unknown to escape, but his choices weren't that big.

When he turned back and saw his pursuers, he knew now that there was only but one choice. Shifting his feet, he took off for Route 1.

Nearby, a young boy about Red's age or older, saw the commotion. He had bright red spiky hair and a purple shirt with black pants. A yellow-green colored necklace drooped down from his neck.

"I wonder what's going on?" he wondered. "That squirt…where's he going?" To answer his question, he followed close behind…

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
):( C'mon! My story can't be that boring. If you like it, the post and tell me wat you like about it. I'd be thankfull also for a review.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I hate to see people beg for reviews. >< I meant to review this before, but I keep forgetting what fics I have planned to review and what ones I haven't read yet.

But anyhow, I do enjoy the way that you tell this story. It reads as if someone is telling this to the reader, rather than just the formal way that other fics take. So it's kind of fun to read. It's just a fun simple story, which I enjoy reading sometimes. *hands over pudding pack*

One thing though:
He was trying to retrieve his backpack from a portly young bully with black greasy hair.
You say backpack here, but then it becomes a hat. So you should just check over your story before you post it for mistakes like that.

Can't wait to see more of this. Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2010
Thanks for the review...and pudding, Hanako. I fixed up the little error. Expect Chapter 2 soon.

Back