• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon: Threads of Reality(Working title)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
I'll have some screens, example maps, and maybe some graphics up in a week or two, until then its a bit of a wall of text :s

Hack of
Fire Red

Introduction
This hack is really an homage to Ocarina Of Time, the Zelda series in general, and some of my favorite characters in European history. I know a strange mix really, but it combines some of my personal favorite things into what I hope turns into a flavorful mix of mind rotting fun and somewhat, but not really, educational themes. This is really a learning experience for me. I'm using this hack to give me something to motivate me develop my mapping/spriting/scripting/etc. skills, this isn't to say I'm uninterested if anyone wants to lend a hand, this is to say that don't expect this to be near "Hacks Showcase" material for a long time.

Back Story
Your currently 18, graduated with top honors from the academy your family was able to send you too. Your father is the acclaimed Pokemon researcher Professor Spruce. You've wanted nothing your entire life but to follow in your father's footsteps, to become a world class Pokemon Researcher. You've never really been interested in whole "Pokemon League Challenge", thats not to say you don't like Pokemon, they fascinate you. Unfortunately, the only Pokemon you've ever had was the Larvitar your father found on a dig site. You've had it since you were three, the two of you are nigh inseparable.

Soon after your graduation, the enigmatic ruins that liter the Ventus Archipelago receive world-wide scientific attention due to the discoveries made by Professor Nick Coper, on the Ventus Isle of Helioce. Professor Coper unearthed ruins unlike any seen before. The architecture of these ruins was unlike any previous civilization, and too advanced and too well preserved to have been made by an ancient civilization or by Pokemon. Then days later, Coper found a pokemon unlike any seen before, and unlike any found on the archipelago, wandering around his research site. With this, these islands became the center of scientific research as scientists of all denomination flocked to the Ventus Archipelago to see these discoveries.

This rush also brought in the attention of large cartels, looking to exploit whatever could be found on the archipelago. The largest of which, is Bourbon Enterprises. Thugs, officially called "Investment Protectors", employed by BE run rampant under orders to secure any possible economic gain for the company. This means Bourbon thugs often operate outside the law. Stealing, Cheating, trespassing,and in an extreme case killing for the Bourbon profit. Ventus Police have not yet been able to gather significant evidence against Bourbon Enterprises, however; the force is determined to rid the archipelago of the blight.

You, Your father, and your father's research team arrive late to the newly coined "Ruin Rush". Unable to find a spot on the Helioce Research Teams, and intrigued by the rumors of mysterious Pokemon being seen in the forests surrounding Luna City, Your father sets up a facility in the small Terran Village, outside of Luna City. The first couple of weeks produced little results, other than a friendship between your father and the Luna City Gym Leader, Douglas. Douglas informs your father of a discovery made by the Professor Oak, a colleague of your father's, who is staying in Luna City for the time being.

Your father, unable to leave the facility at the time sends you to meet with Oak. Excited by the prospect of meeting face to face with such an acclaimed scientist, you hurry to Luna City. In Luna City, you find two Bourbon Thugs battling with Douglas outside of the Professor's home. Armed with nothing but your Larvitar and a developing hero complex you join the fray. Impressively, after a thrilling battle you defeat the Thug. Your first battle jostled something deep inside you; something you had once never been interested in, you now found irresistible. As the two Thugs retreat, Douglas remarks on your surprising talent at battling, saying "that your intellect might've been better spent learning on the field than the library". As Douglas excuses himself to go report the incident to the authorities, you and Oak talk for a bit, discussing the Thugs. Oak gives you a copy of his latest research, and bids you farewell.

Back at your home, Douglas is talking to your father about Bourbon's attack on Oak. When you enter the room your father immediately congratulates you on the impressive victory. You, without thinking remark that the battle was thrilling. Douglas then gives a speech about the glory of Pokemon Battles and the traveling from town to town taking the League Challenge. Inspired by this speech, that thing deep inside you that you could not understand before, has fully awoken. You want to do this, you need too, you feel it. Your father, understanding this, "promotes" you to a field researcher, so that you may travel Ventus and still retain a position on your father's research team in case you ever have second thoughts. Douglas recommends you get some sleep and meet him at his gym in the morning.

As you arrive in the Luna City Gym, Douglas begins to explain how he doesn't let beginners challenge his gym when suddenly, a trainer bursts into the room. The trainer exclaims that the Thugs from yesterday have captured Oak and run into the Luna Forest. With a now noticeable hero complex, you and Douglas give chase. In the woods you find that one thug has Oak and ran right, the other has his research, and ran left. Douglas tells you to deal with the one to the left, and you comply. You chase him through the forest, and find he has hidden in some ruins. You confront him and he tells you his name is Theo, and "that he won't let you beat him again."

After you toss him aside and gain the research papers, the ruins begin to flash and shake. Blinded you close your eyes, and when you open them, you realize the entire forest looks different. Your now Lost in the aptly named Lost Woods, welcome to the enigmatic region of Hyrule.

Wow...I really didn't mean to write that much... :x

Notes
-Don't think of Hyrule in this soon-to-be hack as "lol Gorons, Zoras, Gerudos, Kokori kids" its just like any other pokemon region, only with a sweet, sweet, creamy glaze of Ocarina Of Time
-Hyrule would be relativly small consisting of four (possibly 5-6) towns/cites
-They would be Kokiri Village, Kakariko City, Castle City, Lon Lon Town, and possibly a Zora City (not race just name), a Death Mountain town
-Notable locations: Lake Hylia, Lost Woods, Death Mountain, Gerudo Desert and the massive, Hyrule Field​
-Possibly, some Zelda enemy based fakemon. I don't want to promise this, but I would like to attempt this.
- Enemies like:
- Dodongos, 2 evolutions going from the explosive baby Dodongo, to the massive 'Boss' Dodongo
- Deku Babas, those snake, plant things, 1 evolutions (maybe 2)
- Deku Shrubs, 2 Evo
- possibly Gorons, no evolution
- Keese, an "Eevee" evolving with a fire stone, water stone, and moon stone
- Octoroks, 2 Evos
- Watered-down Lizafos -> evovles into -> Dinafos
- Skullutas - 2 evos
- Wolfos - 1 evo​
- Back on the Main Region of Ventus, Hyrule would be used in a Puzzle solving (Ex. finding a warp to Hyrule and then finding a warp back to Ventus to get around something blocking your path), or plot based way.
- possible free roaming in Hyrule.​
-In Ventus
- New Gyms
- New E4
- Darker Plot (not meaning rampant killing, or swearing, but just darker themes)
- Given a Kanto starter choice by Oak after rescuing him.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Post some screens mate, or else this will be closed by a mod...

Just trying to help out

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
this is the draft thread so i think he's fine chatot...

anyway... if u can impliment the zelda-mon well and possible give them moves inspired from the games i think u might hve sumthing here

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
unless I read the Scrapbox rules thread wrong, things like this are precisely what the forum was supposed to be about.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Oh! Sorry, I thought this was in the Games Showcase itself! I didn't know this forum existed!

Well...Um...
Can't wait to see how this turns up

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
I have some more maps, I could show, but I dont really like the way they turned out, so here's a helicopter's view of Luna City :D

LunaCity.png

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013
Does anyone out there have a MP3 to midi converting program? I got my hands on an Ocarina of Time OST, and want to see if i cant turn them into half-way decent midis for the game. :x

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
Does anyone out there have a MP3 to midi converting program? I got my hands on an Ocarina of Time OST, and want to see if i cant turn them into half-way decent midis for the game. :x

That just doesn't exist. You'd have to get someone with musical skills who could write a midi out of the mp3. I could, but I don't want to ¯\(º_o)/¯ good luck.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
That just doesn't exist. You'd have to get someone with musical skills who could write a midi out of the mp3. I could, but I don't want to ¯\(º_o)/¯ good luck.

I think there are some good midis out already for it LS:OC I think VGmusic or something like that has it.

Teh Baro

In my times...!
Years
I think there are some good midis out already for it LS:OC I think VGmusic or something like that has it.
now you mention it, I remember a web... zeldauniverse.net, I visited long long long long time ago. It used to have midis from the games. Dunno if it still has them

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 9, 2013

I actually founds something that said it could, but I didn't want to pay so I just left it :p

Also, here's two maps I thought I'd share with everyone...
_hhk__by_Solitude12.gif

Spoiler:

The Majestic Lake Hylia. (I'll probably make it bigger in the future)
I know the "current" tiles leading from Gerudo Valley are kinda clumsy, but I couldn't think of a better solution. Anyway, the waterfall leads to Zora Town, and bottom connects to Hyrule Field.

Spoiler:

The Mysterious Kokiri Village.

Last edited:
Back