• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty or May?

Misty or May?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2008
May for me! Misty's voice annoys me, and that temper... *eek*

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
Years
none of the above of course...

obviously, Haruka is better than both of them ^^

(and how the heck can you get disgusted by Misty's voice when you know who's voice is as bad as hearing a certain egg saying "Blissey!")

Crystal

Single Worm Superhero
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 30, 2011
Misty, no contest!

I never liked May all that much... she annoyed me.

^^NICK^^ v.3.0

Original Nick
Years
Misty, since I'm into the orignal. Plus Misty is more independant like. May is a total ditz, and is too dependant, but maybe that's because she is new. She might grow on me, like Misty did.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
Years
My pro-Misty essay from a topic a few weeks ago:

Once again, it?s time for me to say why I prefer Misty to May! The greatest of all reasons is the fact that Misty?s been in the anime since the first episode, and May is such a poor replacement for someone that I?ve grown to know in the five years she was on the anime. How much more do we know about Misty?s aspirations, desires, and personality than we do about May?s? I?ll tell you?a great deal more. She?s so much richer in backstory and personality than May. May, for the thirty or so episodes we?ve seen her, hasn?t done much. All I?ve seen her do is add on to comments made by Ash and Brock, nothing more. Her personality is so bland it bores me to watch her. Misty is very vivid: we all know (and hopefully most of appreciate the fact) that she is a fiery, independent tomboy who is adventurous, intelligent, and a dedicated, specialized trainer. May is bland?just a simple tween girl with simple thoughts?all she wants to do is follow Ash. Besides, there?s no romance between Ash and May...at least we had a lot of great AAML hints in the first five seasons...I loved that they would hint to it but never reveal anything. May has no emotion, least of all love. Also, I think May is horribly generic, the dull personality aside. She?s the female rival from R/S, with the generic pokemon trainer outfit to boot. At least Misty had her own outfit, her own style, all that...we?ve seen her with her hair down, in a kimono, as a mermaid, in several different outfits, all tailored to her and her personality. May never changes, she never does anything special. Misty never lost her personality in Johto?it was taken away from her. As the good episodes spiraled down into filler episodes, everyone lost their personality. Misty became the peanut gallery, Brock became cheap comic relief, Ash was...well...Ash. When the writers? lost their creativity, they forgot what everyone was like, then after bringing Misty back to what she used to be they cut her unceremoniously, like they did with Brock before the Orange Islands arc. Misty adds so much to the show?one might say that May does as well, but I think she doesn?t add anything, but replaces what Misty had, or more like it, detracts from what Misty had. May isn?t at all vibrant as Misty was, but just a poor replacement who does nothing and adds nothing to the show. Misty is the original, she?s what I grew up seeing, and May could never replace what Misty brought me in my younger years.

Just thought that little writing would come in handy here again :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2006
Misty..
She`s way better in the anime and may is just so stupid...

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
Years
Chairman Kaga said:
My pro-Misty essay from a topic a few weeks ago:

Once again, it's time for me to say why I prefer Misty to May! The greatest of all reasons is the fact that Misty's been in the anime since the first episode, and May is such a poor replacement for someone that I've grown to know in the five years she was on the anime. How much more do we know about Misty's aspirations, desires, and personality than we do about May's? I'll tell you—a great deal more. She's so much richer in backstory and personality than May. May, for the thirty or so episodes we've seen her, hasn't done much. All I've seen her do is add on to comments made by Ash and Brock, nothing more. Her personality is so bland it bores me to watch her. Misty is very vivid: we all know (and hopefully most of appreciate the fact) that she is a fiery, independent tomboy who is adventurous, intelligent, and a dedicated, specialized trainer. May is bland—just a simple tween girl with simple thoughts—all she wants to do is follow Ash. Besides, there's no romance between Ash and May...at least we had a lot of great AAML hints in the first five seasons...I loved that they would hint to it but never reveal anything. May has no emotion, least of all love. Also, I think May is horribly generic, the dull personality aside. She's the female rival from R/S, with the generic pokemon trainer outfit to boot. At least Misty had her own outfit, her own style, all that...we've seen her with her hair down, in a kimono, as a mermaid, in several different outfits, all tailored to her and her personality. May never changes, she never does anything special. Misty never lost her personality in Johto—it was taken away from her. As the good episodes spiraled down into filler episodes, everyone lost their personality. Misty became the peanut gallery, Brock became cheap comic relief, Ash was...well...Ash. When the writers' lost their creativity, they forgot what everyone was like, then after bringing Misty back to what she used to be they cut her unceremoniously, like they did with Brock before the Orange Islands arc. Misty adds so much to the show—one might say that May does as well, but I think she doesn't add anything, but replaces what Misty had, or more like it, detracts from what Misty had. May isn't at all vibrant as Misty was, but just a poor replacement who does nothing and adds nothing to the show. Misty is the original, she's what I grew up seeing, and May could never replace what Misty brought me in my younger years.

Just thought that little writing would come in handy here again :P

Say it loud and say it proud brother :D *points above* I agree with everything he just said as it is true ^^ Misty over May ANNNNNNY day.

LelandLancaster

Sexy Cupcake
Years
Ooh boy... I really disliked Misty all the way. May is so much sweeter and interesting. No offense to anyone meant, but Misty reminds of a deranged, hick ferret on crack. ^_^

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Misty was never a bad character, but I've never been a big fan of the fiery tomboy archetypical character. May is just so much more...bubbly (best word I could think of XD) and kind.

Jeikobu

God's beloved child
Years
Kasumi's fine, but Haruka beats her hands down (by the way, to those who hate Haruka's dub voice, watch the Japanese version for pete's sake. Not only does it beat the heck out of the lousy dub, but Haruka's voice is 100 times better). Haruka is much more beautiful IMO, and she has a great, caring personality. I don't understand one bit how anyone could dislike her, she's such a wonderful character. GO HARUKA-CHAN! ^^

Splat

Deleted
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2005
I despise Misty, but I don't really like May either. They both annoy me, so I voted none.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
How can anyone like Misty or May when this is the anime that has the lovely Erika in it?
*turns into Brock*
The lovely Erika who could go on a date with me if she asked.
*gets eaten by Erika's Victreebel*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back