• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Completing the Dex in Emerald

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
You have to complete the Hoenn Dex. And by that, it's only via catching all the Pokemon.
(I think Jirachi and Deoxys might not be included, but someone else better back that up for me since it's been so long.)

It's not like D/P where you only have to see them.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
ah, bloody hell. I wish I hadn't migrated my Groundon from Ruby to Pearl now.

Is there any other way to get those 3 starters?

Well, the other method is via Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, where you can get them as a prize for defeating Mt. Battle.

If you're missing Groudon, you could just restart Ruby. Or catch the one in Emerald if you haven't already done so.

Years
Well, the other method is via Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness, where you can get them as a prize for defeating Mt. Battle.

If you're missing Groudon, you could just restart Ruby. Or catch the one in Emerald if you haven't already done so.

I will have to restart Ruby. I was going to catch Kyogre on Emerald. All so that I can import those starters in to Pearl.

Looks like I'm going to have to get Gale of Darkness instead, or else it's going to take a hell of a long time.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
Years
I will have to restart Ruby. I was going to catch Kyogre on Emerald. All so that I can import those starters in to Pearl.

Looks like I'm going to have to get Gale of Darkness instead, or else it's going to take a hell of a long time.

You can get both Kyogre and Groudon on the same game... the weatherman just gives you a different location after you've dealt with one of them.

It'd involve a lot of trading seeing as you'd have to complete Emerald's Hoenn Dex three times.
I'm not sure how hard Gale of Darkness is to get the starters though.

Years
You can get both Kyogre and Groudon on the same game... the weatherman just gives you a different location after you've dealt with one of them.

It'd involve a lot of trading seeing as you'd have to complete Emerald's Hoenn Dex three times.
I'm not sure how hard Gale of Darkness is to get the starters though.

Really?

Oh, that's excellent news.

It may not take that long. I can trade them all (well, the hard ot get ones) over to Ruby, then reset Emerald, and trade back.

Could be done in 20 hours I reckon.

I'll get Gale of Darkness anyway. Pokemon has completely taken over my life.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
You can also play Pokémon Colosseum, also for Gamecube, where you can find the evolved forms of these starters much easily than in XD (but you will need to catch a Ditto in Emerald or FR/LG to breed them).

Back