• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

At what point in the anime do the movies occur?

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2008
I'd imagine that Pokemon: The First Movie occurs at the end of Season 1, but when do the other movies occur? I'm watching all of the episodes from the beginning and I'd like to be up to date with the movies too, like so I know which movie to watch roughly after what episode.

You know what I mean?

Lash

Years
Some of the movies may not be canon to the Anime. The only ones confirmed to happen during the Anime are movies 1 and 8.

Years
  • Seen Apr 10, 2011
Hm. I know that each movie belongs to a season but I think it's hard to tell between which episodes they take place. I never saw a movie as non-canon but I did realize that there are some antagonisms between the movies and the TV show - for example when Ash and friends meet Lugia in season 5 and don't seem to recognize it. Also what Ash and Co. go through in the movies should have an effect on their personalities and their further actions but it doesn't seem to have any.
If all movies are canon, I think only the Pokemon in the movie can give us a hint to when the movie takes place, e.g.:
movie 2: after Tracy catches Scyther and after Charizard starts to obey Ash, before they reach Pummelo
movie 3: Ash already has Totodile so it must be somewhen after the episode "The Totodile duell"
movie 4: I think Ash sent out Bayleef, so it must be somewhen after "Turning over a new Bayleef"
movie 10: after Dawn catches Buizel

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
Years
Most of the movies are either based between seasons, or are basically just fillers.

Back