• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Hot Springing a Leak!" Episode Discussion

Years
Here is where you can discuss a childhood friend of Dawn's with a trio of piggies in "Hot Springing a Leak!"

My review to come forthwith.

Yes, I went for a Zim joke. Shifty eyes.

Rye29

Oh what
Years
Ok this week's episode, in my opinion, was a good one. Once again, Turtwig is trying to perfect using Energy Ball and fails. We get to see another of Dawn's childhood friends and see what they been up to. Then the main plot of the episode shows up; finding out why the hot spring water isn't flowing. And once again, it's a Team Rocket plot to please the Boss. And also, once again, Ash and friends don't notice them until they take off their disquises. I'll getting SICK of that. And it's was obvious it was them: Meowth's tail was clearly visible when he was talking to them, along w/ Jesse's hair. Over the years, I think Ash has gotten dumber, because he can't see the obvious before his eyes. So the fight and fight and Ash wins through the combine force of Dawn and her friend. At the ending of the episode, at the hot spring, the big question pops up again, why is Dawn always called Dee Dee? And, of course, Dawn doesn't want them to know, so she dunks her friend under water before it's reveal.(kinda mean to do that, huh?) I really want to know why see is called Dee Dee. Overall, good episode. I'll try to watch some more.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Ok, I didn't exactly watch the episode since I was on Boycott (You know... our attempt at bringing... You know who back.), and even if I wasn't on boycott. There's virtually no chance of me watching the episode since we are going to non-cable/non-satellite deal (Since the shows that are going to be appearing on cable are just disgusting towards my family, we decided we have to revert it, at least for a few months.). I'm only responding to ask some things.

Charaxes, was there anything cut from the episode, by any chance? I'm asking because the Team Rocket Motto (and technically the Meowth fantasy) would have raised a few alarm bells at the FCC (since it was because of them that "Beauty and the Beach was skipped/banned.). Then again, the FCC didn't do a thing when they aired this show involving women... doing something that's R rated... on a rooftop. Which was at noontime during the waning weeks of Summer Vacation in my area just a year ago (we, unlike most school systems, go back to school during the second week of august), so maybe they AREN'T as reliable in censoring inappropriate material during daylight hours as I had imagined.

Well, that, And I wanted to respond Rye29, as well.

Over the years, I think Ash has gotten dumber, because he can't see the obvious before his eyes. So the fight and fight and Ash wins through the combine force of Dawn and her friend. At the ending of the episode, at the hot spring, the big question pops up again, why is Dawn always called Dee Dee? And, of course, Dawn doesn't want them to know, so she dunks her friend under water before it's reveal.(kinda mean to do that, huh?) I really want to know why see is called Dee Dee. Overall, good episode. I'll try to watch some more.

Yeah, I agree, and it's not just him, even Brock is being fooled quite too much (Why do they even call him the wise, smart one anyways? It's things like this that make me question the validity of the description [In fact, he may not be deserving of the title in Season One since he easily fell for James' very obvious lie about his childhood [something that apparantly only Misty saw through].].). I think this problem has surfaced ever since Johto ended. I mean, even in Johto, they usually WERE suspicious as to who Team Rocket is underneath (and a few times, even saw right through their disguises). now, Ash and Co. are easily fooled by it (and usually if they hear about Meowth, they know immediately about who they are, but now, even IF Meowth is exposed, they are all "WHO ARE YOU!?" when it should be completely obvious as to who they are.). Ever since Misty left, all of the main characters became gullible and extremely idiotic (Why don't they just do away with the entire main cast).

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Whoa, I am not used to seeing so much writing in this thread! An alright episode, nit much to write about, really. The scene that some people thought would be cut ("naked" Jessie?) wasn't cut. But I don't see why it would have been

- Brock sounds a little different...I like it!
- Swinub's voice sounds a LOT like Wynaut's!
- zomg 3 seconds of silence
- James massaging Giovanni...o.O XD
- Nice to see Buneary once in a while

Random references
Meowth: Loony Toonists!
Meowth: The force!
lol is that supposed to be Star Wars? XD

8 original BGM kept

Route 201
Team Rocket sneaking
Team Rocket theme (movie 6)
Sinnoh Team Rocket Theme
Something from Anime Sound Collection (the very Japanese piece in the middle of the motto)
Polka O Dolka Medley (movie 6)
DP Gym Battle
Kimi no Soba de (ANOTHER version!? I haven't heard this one before. At first, I thought it was the movie 10 version, but it's not)

Quotes

Ash: I'm so ready for a nice hot bath
- Since when do they have baths on Pokemon?!

Jessie: Dig, dig, dig, dig! D-d-d-d-d-d
- lol wtf?

Machine: Badaboom, badaboom, badabing!
- W-T-bloody-F was that about!?

Charaxes, was there anything cut from the episode, by any chance? I'm asking because the Team Rocket Motto (and technically the Meowth fantasy) would have raised a few alarm bells at the FCC (since it was because of them that "Beauty and the Beach was skipped/banned.). Then again, the FCC didn't do a thing when they aired this show involving women... doing something that's R rated... on a rooftop. Which was at noontime during the waning weeks of Summer Vacation in my area just a year ago (we, unlike most school systems, go back to school during the second week of august), so maybe they AREN'T as reliable in censoring inappropriate material during daylight hours as I had imagined.

Nothing was cut. James massaging and "naked" Jessie are in. But meh, that's nothing near to the Holiday in Apathingy

Yeah, I agree, and it's not just him, even Brock is being fooled quite too much (Why do they even call him the wise, smart one anyways? It's things like this that make me question the validity of the description [In fact, he may not be deserving of the title in Season One since he easily fell for James' very obvious lie about his childhood [something that apparantly only Misty saw through].].). I think this problem has surfaced ever since Johto ended. I mean, even in Johto, they usually WERE suspicious as to who Team Rocket is underneath (and a few times, even saw right through their disguises). now, Ash and Co. are easily fooled by it (and usually if they hear about Meowth, they know immediately about who they are, but now, even IF Meowth is exposed, they are all "WHO ARE YOU!?" when it should be completely obvious as to who they are.). Ever since Misty left, all of the main characters became gullible and extremely idiotic (Why don't they just do away with the entire main cast).

...? ...? ...? ....!?!? That...has definatly been going since Johto...o.O...the first episode they were tricked was in by disguise was episode 22. Which...is just a while before AG. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
...? ...? ...? ....!?!? That...has definatly been going since Johto...o.O...the first episode they were tricked was in by disguise was episode 22. Which...is just a while before AG. :/

Let me clarify... Being Tricked without suspicion of any sort (the tone of voices in those instances seemed to indicate a certain degree of suspicion.). As in, their voices are still the same as before TR came to the picture, as in, unassuming, and HGL. Also, no sense of being creeped out when they see a disguised TR, and no uses of terms of recognicion or suspicion such as "Familiar" or "something doesn't seem right."

Besides, they were technically tricked before that (the St. Anne episode) (Though Ash and co did sound a little bit... err... suspicious. If they were truly tricked, their reaction would most likely have been, if not exactly the same, then at least similar to James learning the supposed financial and biological "Benefits" from the Magikarp scam artist).

Anyways, in my viewpoint, those scenes in question are More graphic and alarm rating than the original Beauty and the Beach can ever offer. I mean, at least James was wearing clothes in that banned episode, what were Jessie and Giovanni wearing in this episode? not much, really.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
There are loads of episodes before AG where they're completly oblivious to TR. Those 2 episodes they were suspicious because they were being offered free stuff, not because they knew it was TR. The 1st movie where they're dressed as Romans or whatever and they don't know. A random Johto episode I can remember they were tricked by disguises was in an Entei episode, where Ash believes they're giving away milkshake. There are loads of others. (The only reason I remember that scene is for the cool RBY Wild Pokemon Battle remix)

Anyway, you couldn't see anything, only Jessie's back, unlike the holiday episode o.O

Years
Anyways, in my viewpoint, those scenes in question are More graphic and alarm rating than the original Beauty and the Beach can ever offer. I mean, at least James was wearing clothes in that banned episode, what were Jessie and Giovanni wearing in this episode? not much, really.

I'll address the stupid issue or selective obliviousness another time.

Actually, PUSA kept the rather risque sunbathing scene in "A Staravia Is Born!", whereas, 4Kids would have edited it severely, particularly with Jessie's cleavage. Heh. If PUSA would leave that scene alone, I figured similar scenes would be spared. Here's the episode comparison if you require further proof.

http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/diamond_pearl/ep013.html

As for the original Beauty and the Beach, I think it was crossdressing/biiiiig breasts to the extreme that freaked 4Kids out. Whereas, Jessie's bust more or less stays the same... depending on the animators. Heh.

Lastly, I just post the discussions, I'll leave the technical side/editing to Jorah and those with access to the Japanese episode feed.

Last edited:

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
Years
Well this was an intresting episode. I have to say it was funy all the way for me. I found myself laughing a lot in this episode so I guess it was a funny one. Teeheehee

Still, I too thought that the 'naked' Jessie was going to get something but nothing happen. Still coolies to see that they are ligthening up on that kind of stuff. I mean it was not that big of a deal anyways. What really was funny and strange was James rubbing The Boss's back. teeheehee

I think the whole James in a bikini kinda did that for that episode.

Bunery!!!! Teeheehee

And I finally detected original music!!! Teeheehee Dawn's theme!!! teeheehee

Years
Still, I too thought that the 'naked' Jessie was going to get something but nothing happen. Still coolies to see that they are ligthening up on that kind of stuff. I mean it was not that big of a deal anyways. What really was funny and strange was James rubbing The Boss's back. teeheehee

Can someone get a screencap of "naked" Jessie, so I know what the hoopla is all about?

And, maybe James' been reading Meowth's dream journal, or something.

STEELIXMANIAC

Hatena de Wasshoi!
Years
It's just her back... not that big of a deal to warrant an edit at any point. ._.

Anyway... an average episode by my standards, though it somehow fits my requirement of a boring filler. Though there were some hilarious moments there introduced by Team Rocket. =P

However, the battle was a decent one. Shame all of them were frozen out. XD

Deadly Arbok

Team Rocket's executive agent
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 12, 2009
Ok, I didn't exactly watch the episode since I was on Boycott (You know... our attempt at bringing... You know who back.), and even if I wasn't on boycott. There's virtually no chance of me watching the episode since we are going to non-cable/non-satellite deal (Since the shows that are going to be appearing on cable are just disgusting towards my family, we decided we have to revert it, at least for a few months.). I'm only responding to ask some things.

).

No, nothing was edited out. Besides how will a back view on someone as well as a massage going to raise alarms. Not even close compared to some of the nonsense that goes on on MTV and other cable channels. And with that little incident on the rooftop, it's quite simple that it could be on Pay-per-view.

The rest of your reply seems like a cry to bring Misty back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
No, nothing was edited out. Besides how will a back view on someone as well as a massage going to raise alarms. Not even close compared to some of the nonsense that goes on on MTV and other cable channels. And with that little incident on the rooftop, it's quite simple that it could be on Pay-per-view.

The rest of your reply seems like a cry to bring Misty back.

To answer your question about how showing a massage would be raising alarms, its somewhat simple really. Giovanni's... well... although barely seen... his behind was seen (Look, I really feel uncomfortable having to mention it.). Also, we don't even use Pay-per-view, we just get what our Cable provider supplies us (which, unfortunately, includes lots of unwanted shows.). I was only worried about the back of Jessie because of what happened with Beauty and the Beach.

Also, I barely even Mentioned Misty in my post. and, just for the record, I was only mentioning how Brock and Ash were, well, getting denser and denser about costumes after season 5. I mean, they get completely tricked even more than before (By that, I mean they don't recognize or suspect TR at ALL).

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
I was happy to hear Ash stop Pikachu from using an electric attack after they got soaked. Well, done, I see some intelligence emerging from that head of his. Give Brock a break!

Daisuke33

The Ultimate Unreal Hero
Years
Finally the English Dub! I watch the Japanese version but the dubs always help me to freakin understand what there saying lol. (If they would ever put english subs of the JP episodes then yeah, screw the dubs, but for now...yay dubs!)

- When was the last time we've seen bunery battle?!
- Is it just me or does Ash and Brock always wear the same boxers? o_o'
- lol Buizel punching the hot spring water
- Swinub!!
- This episode is sooooo a repeat of the "Spring Fever" episode in Johto
- Ash: Why do all of Dawn's old friends always call her D.D? (Finally!)
- Why is dawn so embrassed about her childhood nickname?
- OMG!!! We finally get to see some Chimchar battle action!!
- Yeah he hasn't battled much since the "Tears for Fears" episode
- We see images of Grovanni naked" all the time lol
- lol Jessie's Back
- Botabing! Botaboom! W-T-F ever since Battle Frontier ended Meowth has gotten a more cartoonie voice with a 70's twist lol.
- I <3's Swinub :)

Episode Rating: 8.5/10

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Also, I barely even Mentioned Misty in my post. and, just for the record, I was only mentioning how Brock and Ash were, well, getting denser and denser about costumes after season 5. I mean, they get completely tricked even more than before (By that, I mean they don't recognize or suspect TR at ALL).

Sorry Weedle, but the whole of the last paragraph in your 1st post seemed to be twisted to seem like Misty could always see through the disguises and, as soon as she left, Team Rocket's disguises started working because Ash and Brock were not blessed with her presence. They have fell for TR's disguises long before she left.

Years
At the ending of the episode, at the hot spring, the big question pops up again, why is Dawn always called Dee Dee? And, of course, Dawn doesn't want them to know, so she dunks her friend under water before it's reveal.(kinda mean to do that, huh?) I really want to know why see is called Dee Dee.

Alright, alright, let's not get into anything, here. Hardly seems worth it, as the series thrown out logic (and characters) a long time ago. Okay?

As for the above quote, here's the closest I can find to your answer. From Dogasu's comparison of Kenny's/Kengo's first episode.

Dialogue Edit
The first bit of dialogue oddness stems from an untranslatable pun:

Kenny: "What do ya know? Dee-Dee's got herself a Pikachu."
Pikachu: "Pika?"
Kenny: "Dee-Dee's all grown up!"
Dawn: "Kenny, stop! And you stop calling me Dee-Dee, too! Also, this is not my Pikachu, either. Cuz it's his!"

In the Japanese version, Kengo's nickname for Hikari is "Pikari." Once he sees Hikari with Pikachu, he assumes it's hers and declares the two of them to be the pika-pika combo, Pikari and Pikachu.

The pun wouldn't make sense at all in the dub (since they gave Hikari a name that sounds nothing like Pikachu), so they had to pretty much gloss over it.

Link: http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/comparisons/diamond_pearl/ep026.html

That said, be interesting to see what PUSA's official explanation on why she's called Dee Dee will be. Shifty eyes.

Back