• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Going Budget: Black

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Seriously, there are quite a few choices when going budget black. Since Nate Heiss did a budget discard deck, I'll do the zombie deck.

Land
20 Swamp
1 Peat Bog

Creatures
4 Twisted Abomination
3 Carrion Feeder
3 Gempalm polluter
2 Zombie Cutthroat
1 Petrid Imp
3 Noxious Ghoul
3 Corpse Harvester
3 Arachnoid (I don't know. Something with 6-toughness probably won't die from the ghouls. Besides, you need the Akroma-holding in here)

Spells
1 Haunted Crossroads
2 Massacure (sp? I have the Chinese card, so I don't know its actual spelling. GO NEMESIS!)
2 Crippling Fatigue
2 Inncent Blood
1 Barter in Blood
2 Echoing Decay
2 Terror
1 Lingering Death
1 Death Pulse
1 Snuff Out (the ultimate tapped out kill-card...just when they thought it was safe to drop the hasted guy...SNUFF!)
3 Ensouled Scimitar

This deck is actually quite slow, but basically you want the 5th turn Ghoul (which can easily turn the game around to your favour). Main problem here again is speed. Remember that this is just an okay sample.

Adding Money to the deck:

1-drops, 2-drops, Nantuko Husk: Really,a zombie deck without its blinding speed seemed lacking. But I'm fine with the deck like this (ginding them down slowly is more fun. lol).

Better removal: I've included horrific removal like...okay I didn't. But you get the idea.

Graveborne Muse: I mean, sure you're killing yourself quickly...but you're drawing cards! I'm still quite impressed of it since you can just sac it if you don't need the draw.

Unholy Grotto: it's the rare version of Haunted Crossroads with a zombie clause (=crappier than the stupid uncommon)...it's cuz it's a land

Call to the Grave: Zombie deck begs calls. This might be a good place to drop off the arachnoids, since you're gonna make them sac their pro-black stuff anyway. lol

Back