• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

My Brother - Prayers needed!

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2009
I've got some really bad news - my little brother's in the hospital for a collasped lung. The doctor said something about emphasema too. (everyone but me in my family are smokers - my grandpa just died from emphasema a few weeks ago too. But he's only 18!) Guys, I'm really worried and I could REALLY use your prayers. Thanks.

(Sorry mods, I'm not sure where to put this. . .)

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
I keep in him in my prayers...

good luck to your bro, hope he gets better, I know what its like to lose a family member

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2009
Thanks guys - they put the chest tube in and he's not hurting as much anymore thankfully - its still a waiting game. I probably won't be online tomorrow till later, just to let you guys know. I'll be at the hospital with him.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2009
Well, at the moment, I'm waiting on updates from my mom to pass to people and I have to do something or I'll go crazy with worry, though I'm about to go to sleep - I'm going up there tomorrow.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Well, I am sure your little brother will come out fine, I know what it feels like to have a family member in hospital, my mum is in their for breast cancer, and she could die!

I will keep him in my prayers, and tomorrow I will pray for him at the end of school, and will share it with my class, so they can all pray for him as well! If that is okay with you!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
sorry, but lol 3 australians helping you out, that can only help australias rep.

I would do the same as dark master, but no-one at my skool likes pokemon, and its kind of nerdy to go on forums and things like that. But just to let you know, I would do the same

Years
sorry, but lol [S-HIGHLIGHT]3 australians [/S-HIGHLIGHT]helping you out, that can only help australias rep.

I would do the same as dark master, but no-one at my skool likes pokemon, and its kind of nerdy to go on forums and things like that. But just to let you know, I would do the same

Make that 4.
I don't mean to belittle the problem, but it can be fixed and Emphysema shouldn't be too bad at 18. I have a feeling he'll be fine.

I wish him the best, mate.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2009
Thanks. He's doing a lot better now since they put the chest tube in and I appreciate all your prayers. Now they just have to seal the hole in his lung and he should be fine, but it may take up to four days is what my mom told me. Thanks again.

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
I'm not generally a religious person, but I do pray. I'll keep you're brother in mind ^^
I hope all turns out well for you!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
Also in USA! :3

Good luck to your brother, I hope everything turns out fine for him and you. And I'm sorry about your grandpa. ♥

Motsuko Live

... pronounced Mös.
Years
Collapsed lungs are a big deal. So is emphysema. As corny and cliche as this sounds, try to be strong. All will turn out as it is suppose to in the end.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I will pray for your brother.And your family cause its got to be hard on them.And the doctors for them to take good care of him.Hopefully his situation will get better soon.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2009
Thank you all very much. I have a lot more confidence in his recovery thanks to you guys ^_^

Back