• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Newbie artist. Care to look?

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
Years
Hello! So okay. I'm not new to drawing but I've never put up any of my drawing before so that is new to me. I can't draw on the computer untill I get a good program and a tablet so all of my drawings will be hand drawn Constructive critisism please if you don't like tem and please, enjoy!

everybody.jpg

This is all three hoen starters with Pikachu!

scan0001.jpg

This is an ice Tigrean from subeta. Fanart!

scan0006.jpg

This is fanart of Mint/Kerina from Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power

scan0008.jpg

This is more fanart of Ichigo/Zoey from Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power.

So there you go! My scanners a bit cruddy so please take that into account, and if people actually like my art then I'll post some more! If people have any requests then feel free to ask.

Many thanks!
~Flaps

helix

tea-binger.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 21, 2016
I'll be frank, blunt and generally honest with you.
You're great. For a newbie artist, your drawings are positively amazing. With practice, you can get even better. There are still some mistakes here and there, however- for example, in the last picture the hair that is covered up by Ichigo's right ear doesn't match the drawn parts drawn on each side. I personally like the first drawing the most- the coloring is a good job, considering how new you are to drawing. Please practice more and let us see more of your pictures. I'll be looking forward to them.

Flaps

Years
Hey thankyou! I Know what you mean about Ichigos hair though. I was trying to go for her head to be leaning to one side so her hair would be kinda falling down if you get what I mean. But I know I didn't get it spot on. I'll be putting some more up soon!

Memory

let's waste time ✖
Years
My internet just died. Care to make the images a bit smaller? They're funner/easier/nicer to look at if they are.

That aside, you're a good artist :o Another place that you can post art so people can comment on them and give critique is deviantart.com, if you don't already know about it. It's a huge art website were tons of people post up their art. (like, millions)

The one thing I see right now though is you don't have much of a style... the images just look like you traced them or they were heavily referenced. I would like to see more art though :3

Flaps

Years
Yeah I can make them smaller and your right i just copied the Tokyo Mew Mew/Mew Mew Power, and tigrean and I did reference the pokemon ones.....I'll work on it.

lemurkat

Obsessive Artist
Years
You're off to a rollicking-good start! KEep it up.

And don't be shy of adding copious amounts of colour. One layer is never enough - get into those shadows with darker patches and the highlights with brighter and lighter. Bring your art to life! You can do it ^^

Kat

Years
  • Seen Sep 21, 2015
i am loving that tiger thing, did you trace it at all or copy off anything.
i just love the pose of it, and its paws are amazing <3

Flaps

Years
You're off to a rollicking-good start! KEep it up.

And don't be shy of adding copious amounts of colour. One layer is never enough - get into those shadows with darker patches and the highlights with brighter and lighter. Bring your art to life! You can do it ^^

Kat

Thankyou! I am always a little reluctant to put colour/shadow on it as I am afraid I will spoil it. But I promise I will try to be a bit more adventurous with my colouring! :D

i am loving that tiger thing, did you trace it at all or copy off anything.
i just love the pose of it, and its paws are amazing <3

Thankyou! I will admit I copied it, but NEVER traced. Its an Ice tigrean from a website called subeta. If you look it up on google you'll probably see the picture I copied. The paws were really hard to get right. Even looking at them now I'm still not 100% happy with them :/

I will be posting some more up soon just need to get my scanner working again. Until then thankyou for the feedback I've been getting!

Many thanks!
~Flaps

Back