• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Isn't it confusing?

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
Years
I find it really weird when one of Ash's Pokémon evolve and he knows their name straight away and he just calls them by their new name. To me that just seems odd...Going from one name to another just like that. I think Ash should have given his Pokémon special names instead of just 'Charmander' 'Bulbasaur' etc.

It's like a kid who's name is Mike and then when he turns 13, his name suddenly changes.

It might be the only person who finds this odd

And it also confuses me that Ash never called his Pokémon by it's former evolution by mistake.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
There really is no plot hole in this proclamation. Ash would know their names off the bat because he knows the evolution of some. He may stupid but at least he pays SOME attention.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2015
It's not supposed to make sense. It just is.

I like to think the Bards sang of it.

carter756978

Bass Player
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2013
well do ever think "OMG wtf did my piplup evolve into" lol. GOD y did i use piplup as an example i HATE that thing

Zenoah

Hop along to the cowboy beat.
Years
I thought he's used the dex on Pokemon he's had that evolved. Im sure thou that he's read up on new pokemon so he'll know what to expect.
I sort of like to keep their names, but it's also like nameing your cat, Cat or your fish, Fish.
My Pearl team are all nicknamed. Prudence for a Purugly=epic!

Go! Prudence!
*fat cat appears*
*foe is speechless*
*Prudence sits on foe* Purrrr....

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
Years
But he could still make a mistake here and there, like when he calls out butterfree only to have raticate come out. I'm sure you all remember the pokemon's names you get from trade as well as the evolutions of your own pokemon?
Just like "Go Charmeleon!!!"
Charizard "RAWR" Flamethrowers Ash "._. stfu is CharIZARD"
Or something?

UberChomp

Tyrant Of The Sand
Years
I thought I posted in this thread before :/ Whatever...

Anyway, he should know what his pokemon are going to evolve into, its just common sense, if I caught a pokemon I would definitely research on it and find out what pokemon it evolves into.

shedinjask

all about how to pokemoning
Years
It's not about what knowing which Pokemon it evolves into, it's about not being used to that name and calling it what he used to by mistake. I'm sure if someone had known you for a few years and then suddenly your name changed they might make a few slipups.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
Years
You mean Grotle?
Let me make another example:

Ash: Go, Gligar!
*Gliscor comes out* *falls on Ash*
Ash: OW...

Back