• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hurricane :/

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
Years
Hey Guys and Girls,

It's Pokelover445 preferably called RoyalKingdra. I am from the Cayman Islands, which is 3 islands situated in the caribbean sea south of Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. There is a category 2 hurricane about to make direct contact with our tiny little island, which has no land elevation besides the dump (Mt Trashmore 53ft). Our Island was brutally beaten in 2004 by Hurricane Ivan the strongest hurricane ever recorded with hitting the Cayman Islands the worst costing $44 Billion USD. Our Island after Hurricane Ivan had no buildings remaining to stand. 2 people died, but the devastation was called the worst ever for hurricanes. As Hurricane Paloma moves on and is approaching the island directly as a category 2 currently turning into a category 3, my island can barley withstand it because of the Hurricane Ivan damage, because most of the mangroves were destroyed and now dead. Mangroves anchor our island down from shifting on the South American plate. Now if the direct hit is going to happen as likely my Island will estimate have no power for some time. So before they shut power off, I am saying wish me luck, I God bless I will be safe. Sorry if my vocabulary is not as articulate as this addressing statement should be. I am writing this freely off the mind.

Bye for now from the Cayman Islands

Cody

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
omg, so there's no place to evacuate except the dump site?! Can't the other country near those Islands help the people?

pokelover445

Looking for a scripter -MSG :)
Years
We have recovered from Hurricane Ivan.
I'm currently in Paloma, it has started blowing
by tonight the hard pounding begins
thanks for your replying :)

Years
Why... is no one else replying to this. ಠ_ಠ

That's horrible, man. D: Two hurricanes in a row? I've never been through a hurricane, so I have no idea what it's like, but... I can honestly say, that's horrible. Good luck, and God bless.

(sorry for the late reply, too.)

Last edited:

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
Why... is no one else replying to this. σ_σ

That's horrible, man. D: Two hurricanes in a row? I've never been through a hurricane, so I have no idea what it's like, but... I can honestly say, that's horrible. Good luck, and God bless.

(sorry for the late reply, too.)

I guess it's because no one is concerned about it. Just Good luck on surviving and recovering from the hurricanes.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
I just seen this while I was reading stuff online. Oh man...I hope you are going to be okay. I thought maybe it might come to the Gulf, so I was kinda of concerned. But now...it is going to hit where you are. Hurricanes are NOT cool! I hate them so much! Well you stay safe there. Hopefully your stuff will be still intact. *hugs*

Years
I am not so sure that it will stay away from the gulf. The map below shows it curving toward the Strait of Florida.
024514W_sm.gif

Edit: More recent reports indicate it will soon be dissipating completely.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Oh wow. So Cuba will get the brunt of it. Hopefully it won't get to the gulf. And this will be the last of it since the hurricane season is over.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I bet there will be more hurricanes in the near future. The changing of oceanic currents, rising temperature and melting polar ice will be the main factors. Our country(Philippines) has experienced at least 1 hurricane each month(average count), an abnormality I say.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Oh, so the hurricane season is over November 30th? YAY! I can't wait. I hate the season, for real. I thought at first it ended the first week of November. My bad. XD Oh hope you guys don't get anymore hurricanes for everyone who leaves in the gulf.

Azzurra

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 3, 2013
All I can advise you is to take cover, and stay safe.
Other than that, I hope you end up okay.

Back