• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would u do if your pokemon could die?

How would you react if your favorite pokemon died?

• Total voters

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
Years
I dont know how bad that would be for you but for me, id be horrified because every time itd die I have to go back in the grass and catch another, unless it was a legendary then im screwed.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
Revive?
Well, I would just accept the fate of my Pokemon. But if I would kill the Pokemon in the wild, then I don't really care. Go awai. Except for legendaries, I have a technique on catching it without fainting.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Wait. I don't understand the question. Are you asking me if I would be angry if I made a Pokémon faint while I was trying to catch it or are you asking me if I'd be sad if Pokémon could actually die?

Oh, it doesn't matter. I'll just answer both questions.

Well, it's not really possible for me to get angry when I knock out a Pokémon when I'm trying to catch it. Why? Because I have a level one hundred Scizor and a level one hundred Farfetch'd and both of them happen to know False Swipe.

If Pokémon died instead of fainting when they were beaten in battle, Pokémon wouldn't be as good a game as it is today. A lot of people put a lot of work into training their Pokémon and getting through the game. It wouldn't be fair if a really strong team was beaten and whoever was playing would have to start at the very beginning, would it?

Outside of the games, Pokémon can die. Remember that episode in the anime where Ash had to save the Charmander from the rain? If he had stayed out there, the fire on his tail would've been extinguished and he would have died.

I'm indifferent about death in the Pokémon world, really. Probably because it's not a major theme in the games and the anime.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
Lmao, if you consider this in general and not just in the game you all sound so heartless. :( "I would hate if my dog died! I'd have to go out and buy another one omg so much trouble!"

Anyway, I think it would be interesting but, in game, really annoying. Unless it were scripted for someone's Pokémon to die (I can't see them making any of your own hard-trained Pokémon die), it just wouldn't work. It makes sense in Fire Emblem and whatnot, but not this series. I know I'd be pretty pissed off if Pokémon were permanently gone in the game if they fainted too much or whatever. Though I wish they'd explain the graveyards in the regions better--we know Pokémon do die, but they never go into detail. I think the game would be more interesting/serious if they would.

Anyway, outside of the game they do touch upon it slightly. Rekhyt mentioned Charmander at the beginning of the animated series, and quite often one of Ash & Co.'s Pokémon will get injured severely and they spend the episode letting it recover in the Pokémon Centre. So they don't really skimp on the risk of dying, though they may not always say it, but they never do mention it too terribly much.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
Please young sir, Grammar, I get more pissed off at Grammar than the death of a Rattata I knew for 5 second >:(.

I would not like it if my Pokemon die, however, no living thing is immortal (Ignore the fact Methuselah has been around for 5,000 years). They would die of old age or a Mortal Attack, which would be punishable severely anyways but still, the question has the Irony itself, Pokemon DO die, so this thread wouldn't be valid unless it was meant to be worded as "What would do if your Pokemon Died?"... Once again, Grammar.

I would feel bad if my Pokemon died. There's my on-topic answer : ).

Absol Perfect Distaster

Lethal Razor Wind!
Years
Game: I think it would be more challenging which to me adds more fun to it. The trainer, as in the player, will have to be more careful of making decisions or else your pokemon is dead so then you gotta go find another one.

Anime: It's just going to increase the drama by a lot.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
Years
If an anime Pokemon died, I'd be sad, especially if it was highlighted in the series.

In the games, if I KO wild Pokemon, on a moral view I'd be sad, but on a gamer's view, not really, 'cause Pokemon Rangers and Nurses (and Breeders?) will just come by and use a [Max] Revive on the Pokemon. But if one of my Pokemon died, especially if I invested loads of time in searching, capturing, (IV/nature) breeding, training (for EXP. & EVs), and/or soft-resetting for it? I'd be totally pissed off (even if they're just "pieces of data", no offense, that means I technically wasted huge chunks of time that I'll never get back :(). Also, if said Pokemon was my starter, I'd be even more disappointed due to the experiences I went through with it, the time I spent with it, and our strengthened "bond" from defeating supposed "pieces of data". :)

However, if I had a flash cart and was able to use Pokesav for legit reasons, that'd be a totally different story. I actually would feel less disappointed! :D

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
I'd be really, really sad. I'm a sucker for pets, and I'm always really sad when one of my dogs dies (I've had 5 in my life...1 died, another got stolen. The three I have, if anything happened to them, I'd be really sad...), so if ever a POKEMON died, I'd be reeeeeeally sad. :(

kingshorty

poke'king
Years
id be mad because lapras is really hard to find in diamond and pearl series ispent an hour looking for it and even if i did it wouldnt replace the one i had it was at lv 40 when i got it, it had 325 hp and it already knew shear cold when i caught it

Visible Light

Take me to your king...
Years
I'm not sure if you are asking if it could die in a game or if I had them in real life. I would be very sad either ways.

Dog11561

People to see, things to do.
Years
  • Age 28
  • NY
  • Seen Jan 22, 2023
i would be so unhappy and i'd stop playing the game cuz i don't take care of my pokemon and all my pokemon would be dead.... But that would stink and i would go pwn all noob pokemon in the grass out of anger!!!

Flex-Mon

The Key is in here <3...
Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2008
Aww... Id be so sad because if it was someone like a starter that I had forever and it died Id be devistated I really would...

Then I would take it to the Pokemon Tower in Kanto to put its soul to rest. ^_^

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I would be angry whoever made my pokemon get like this!!! I love all pokemon and I care for them all....even if they're not mine..

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
Years
Depends.

If it were one I really enjoyed, I'd fast lol.

Then again, I'd only catch pokemon I enjoyed, so when they started dying, I'd probably retire.

Dragon_Souther

Vappy x Moony <3333
Years
It depends how it dies.

If it is of old age then i would be very sad but not so sad i would need to kill the closest person to me.

If someone had killed it using a weapon or their own pokemon i would then kill that person and leave the other pokemon as it was only following its trainers orders.

Yes i was being serious there.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
I would go homicidal because its Roserade.

Back