• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lucario and Why You Hate or Love Him

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
Why do you think Lucario is so popular? His unique type: Fighting/Steel? His appearance in a movie? His appearance? Him being an Aura Pokémon?

On the opposite hand, what do you hate about him? Being overpowered? You think he has a bad type set-up (I.E. He should be Fighting/Psychic, not Fighting/Steel)? You think he looks ugly?

Discuss.

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2014
What about 'Meh'?

Since there was speculation that Lucario may have ended up a legend (along time ago now), I think that set the stage for its being held in high regard. I won't lie--it's a cool pkmn--but that's because pkmn are cool. Cacnea is just as cool as Lucario, but it didn't have its own movie, its own Gym leader, or its own SSBB character.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Yeah, Lucario is a little overrated, but you can't hate him. I mean seriously, look at his type in the Pokemon games. It is a one of a kind and also his movepool. It's amazing!

You... just can't hate the thing.

Years
I can hate it, simply on the basis that so many seem to elevate Lucario to the position of their all-powerful god. >>; I cringed when I first heard the rumours of Lucario's inclusion in Brawl, and was very much aggrieved when hearing it confirmed. And why must every other anime fan prattle on about Ash/Satoshi catching on? D:

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
I just don't understand how it became so popular. I mean, its got a great movepool and good resistances and all, but seriously, it could be much better. But I think its Lucario's uniqueness among other Pokemon that made it more popular.

Years
I mean, its got a great movepool and good resistances and all, but seriously, it could be much better.

Yeah, if we're saying that Lucario's status in the metagame is to do with its popularity, why aren't there so many fans running around shouting "GARCHOMP IS MY BISHIE HE SO KAWAII DESU NE"?

Light Yagami

Compulsive Battler#1
Years
I just don't understand how it became so popular. I mean, its got a great movepool and good resistances and all, but seriously, it could be much better. But I think its Lucario's uniqueness among other Pokemon that made it more popular.

Lucarario became popular because, in all reality, it had a freaking movie named after it. And in said movie Lucario was protrayed as the hero we hated to love. (cliche', I know, sue me).

Then we saw how Lucario was so self-less. Also, the whole movie-being-named-after-it kind of gave it the whole legendary vibe that I think Nintendo intended (ofcourse, who wouldn't want it -and there for D/P-after seeing that aura sphere)

On a personal note, I love all upright pokemon. Therefore this post may be biased.(i.e. The Machamo evolution line, Scizor, Lucario, Marowak, the Alakazam evo line- even lazy abra :P)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
Well, it was VERY overated, but it still is a great poke, he has awesome stats, and to come with it: great movepool and unique typing.

Years
  • Seen May 31, 2009
Lucario is the most overrated thing in the entire Pokemon franchise, besides maybe Pikachu. It's good, but it's not as good as many believe.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
Years
Hey, Zubat can be popular too!
As you can see Lucario is cute, overrated and he has a movie. He is overpowered and rare. That's why
I like him

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
He reminds me of Mewtwo so I love him.

suicidesal

GirlWithTheMostCake
Years
I like him in the game cause he is a powerful guy for beating elite four- but I don't think he is super awesome and I certainly do not love him.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
Years
I find Lucario to be really overrated as many have said. But my pet peeve with the thing is that every time it (or Riolu) makes an appearance in the anime, discussion rots to "ASH SHOULD TOTALLY CATCH ONE OMG IT'D BE SOOOOO COOOOOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!1111one!11uno!111eleventy", which really pisses me off.

In Brawl, it's a great character and I've found much success using it. Ingame, it's meh at best. Great typing, a decent Tyranitar counter, and in general a powerful Pokemon, but easily walled and just overlooked in favor of better Pokemon.

Yu_&_Rei

♪Its Quiz Time!♪
Years
I like him for his amazing movepool, and he was awesome in his movie, the bad thing is are that he has quite a few weaknesses.

Back