• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Games for Wii.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
Years
Hey guys. I recently got a Wii. I was wondering; what games do you have and recommend? Which ones are your favorite? Which ones do you think are boring?

Today I got Wii Play, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Mario Party 8. Do you guys like Pokemon Battle Rev?

Ink

Merc with a Mouth
Years
Hey guys. I recently got a Wii. I was wondering; what games do you have and recommend? Which ones are your favorite? Which ones do you think are boring?

Today I got Wii Play, Pokemon Battle Revolution, and Mario Party 8. Do you guys like Pokemon Battle Rev?
While I'm more of a fan of the Xbox 360, some good games are [

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Not as good as melee but its all a matter of opinion

Super Mario Galaxy - Its decent

No More Heroes - A witty, artistic, bloodfest, NMH boasts some of the Wii's best sword fighting controls. Not to mention to ridiculous story, hilarious lines and slew of awesome characters.

Boom Blox - This title is the best use of the Wii-remote thus far in its life. The throwing mechanics are brilliant, and the puzzle aspect is beautifully executed. That, coupled with fun multiplayer, a lever creator, and tons of extras make this a good purchase.

Call of Duty: World at War - If you've yet to buy this game on any system, or you've yet to experience Wii FPS controls, this is a must-buy. The online iisn't very good though.

Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 - This is an iffy one. If you have World at War already, and still want to experience Wii FPS controls, get this title. It's a mere $30, and has 32 person online multiplayer. The only issue is the graphics, which are VERY last gen.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - If you haven't played the first and second, don't get this one yet. If you have, you know fully well why this needs to be purchased.

Zack and Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure - This is the kind of game we were promised when the Wii was in development, and it is nice to see someone other than Nintendo deliver on those promises. Capcom has a real gem here, but you have to play it to understand. With so many publishers looking to cash in on the Wii's casual success, it's always nice to see a game appear that is nothing but quality from top to bottom—the fact that this game is ten bucks cheaper than other Wii offerings makes it an even sweeter deal.

Super Paper Mario - Probably the perfect game for those that enjoyed New Super Mario Bros. and don't mind reading a bit too much as it has an actual story and cutscenes...This game is so engaging that you won't quit without finishing the game and finding out what happens at the end.

Abi

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2009
You should also buy World of Goo, one of the best games that has come out for the Wiiware!

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and animal crossing are awesome =D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Pokemon Battle Revolution is one of the biggest let downs since.. Nintendogs. XDD;

SSBB, Wii Fit and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess are all great in my personal opinion.

It's all really about taste. Get what you think interests you.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
Years
I recommend, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Okami. They are both great games, but you should get what you think will be the most fun for you.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Boom Blox, de Blob, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (if you don't already have the GCN version), Lost Winds, Mario Kart Wii, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure are all absolute must haves!

Other honourable mentions include...
Art Style: ORBIENT, Blast Works, Link's Crossbow Training, Mario Strikers Charged, Medal of Honor: Heroes 2, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, Wario Land: Shake It!, WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Fit, World of Goo

I would recommend Ōkami if you don't have the PS2 version. Animal Crossing: City Folk if you've never played an Animal Crossing game before (or if you just really, really like the series and don't mind buying essentially the same game over and over). Geometry Wars: Galaxies if you don't own another entry in the series.

Last edited:

Ruphire

Feel the icy burn
Years
Okay I have a couple

Super Smash Bros Brawl. ( I found this a very decent game)

Supre Mario Galaxy (It's a all right game)

Super Paper Mario (First game I got for my wii and one of my favorites)

Boom Blox (A fairly entertaining game!)

Well that's all for me.

Sailor Venus out.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
I have eleven Wii games:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Need For Speed: Carbon
One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
Bleach: Shattered Blade
Naruto Clash of Ninja Revolution
Avatar: The Last Airbender: The Burning Earth

The first two are definitely my favourites, and I'd recommend them highly to anyone. Rayman and Need for Speed were mainly favourites of my brother's, and I wouldn't have picked them up otherwise. As for the anime-related games at the end of the list, I only recommend them if a) you enjoy the anime, and b) you get them for dirt cheap. XD

kissing. raindrops

Years
Seems like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is good?
I'm gonna look at that.
Also, I really want Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility and Super Mario Kart, but I can't find anywhere that sells them D:

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
Years
Twilight Princess was excellent when I played it. The puzzles and gameplay are great fun.

Other than that, I'd recommend:

Mario Kart Wii:
Very fun to play with friends, and the online play is cool too.
Super Mario Galaxy: Very much like a nicer-looking version of Super Mario 64. Decent.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Another party game, but this time, you get to beat your friends up!
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption: Very fun despite being very loooooooong. I'd recommend getting a bit of the story of the first two Metroid Primes before taking this one on.
No More Heroes: Hilarious and a challenging gorefest which is great fun all-around.
Animal Crossing: City Folk: Even better than the original AC. Visit your friends' towns and your friends' friends' towns.

I haven't played too many different Wii games lately since the ones I'm already playing are a lot of fun. :)

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
Super Mario Kart, but I can't find anywhere that sells them D:
Are you sure you aren't referring to Mario Kart Wii by any chance?

Anyway, I recommend the following:

Super Mario Galaxy (My personal favorite)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

It's not much, but my Wii library is kind of limited.

moments.

quixotic
Years
Eh I like Guitar Hero World Tour, Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart and some others which have escaped me...
Whatever you are interested in, go for that because we all like different things..

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
Years
I have 5 Wii games currently. The ones I definitely recommend are Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart Wii.

Last edited:

kissing. raindrops

Years
Are you sure you aren't referring to Mario Kart Wii by any chance?

Anyway, I recommend the following:

Super Mario Galaxy (My personal favorite)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario Kart Wii

It's not much, but my Wii library is kind of limited.

Sorry, Mario Kart Wii was what I meant 8D
Anyways, it also seems that Super Mario Galaxy is great. I was going to get that but I got Mario Party 8 over it.. And Mario Party 8 is so boring. D: I don't think I can go and return that anyways, which sucks. =[

From what you all have been saying, I'm thinking of getting:
1. Mario Kart Wii
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Super Paper Mario
4. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
5. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
6. Harvest Moon: Tree of Tranquility

Also, question to you who have Pokemon Battle Revolution - Can you level up your Pokemon? X3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2010
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Mario Galaxy
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Music
Animal Crossing City Folk
Call of Duty 3
Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Boogie
Mario Kart Wii
My Sims
Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Party 8
Rayman Raving Rabbids

I might get Wii Fit... And also might get Guitar Hero: World Tour for Wii if my parents don't let me get an XBox 360.

Last edited:

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
Years
I have:

Pokemon Battle Revolution - It's okay. Not what I expected.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Great game.
Super Paper Mario - Pretty Fun
Mario Strikers Charged Football - Fun to play when freinds come round
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - Fun, but too short
Dragon Quest: Swords - Absolute crap.
Links Crossbow Training - Haven't yet played. Got it for christmas.
Spiderman 3 - Absolute crap.
No More Heroes - Really fun, but there's not much between the storyline
Bleach Shattered Blade - It's okay if you like Bleach.
Guitar Hero 3 -Good times, Good times.
Animal Crossing: City Folk - It's a nice game, and it plays at a very relaxed pace. Guaranteed to last you a while.

Kyuukon

I'm the 129th Thousand Member!
Years
Mario Kart Wii is good for like 30min - 1 hour a day.
At times you can't be bothered playing. Have you got Wii Sports?
Great to play with friends. Are you connected online anyway?
Oh and Super Smash Bro's Brawl is good too ^^

kissing. raindrops

Years
Mario Kart Wii is good for like 30min - 1 hour a day.
At times you can't be bothered playing. Have you got Wii Sports?
Great to play with friends. Are you connected online anyway?
Oh and Super Smash Bro's Brawl is good too ^^
Yes I have Wii Sports, as it came with the Wii. =p
I don't really like it that much, it's okay.
I also have Wii Play, which I got to play some yesterday. I like the air hockey game or whatnot =)
I really want to get Mario Kart Wii. And since you guys are all mentioning Super Smash Bros. Brawl, I'm thinking about that too 8D

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2009
For me it would be

Super Smash bros brawl

Super mario galaxy

Legend of zelda twilight princess

Also you can't level up in pokemon battle rev and even if you leveled up from pokemon d/p the trainers you're fighting against are the same level as your highest level

Back