• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: Avatar Question

LugiaFreak

Years
I have a custom-made avatar saved on MS Paint, and it's not over 130 by 130 pixels, but I keep getting a message that says 'This is not a valid image file.'

Do I have to save the image as something specific, like JPEG?

Years
Saving as a PNG, GIF or JPEG should allow your avatar to be used, presuming the file is 41 kB or less in size.

Edit: Buh, my dawdling meant I was beaten. :<

Years
Do any of those show a better quality picture then the others? Or is it all the same?

It'll depend on the compression level you choose if you're saving in a high-end graphic program, but in MS Paint the quality scale normally goes (from best to worst) PNG > GIF > JPEG.

Years
It'll depend on the compression level you choose if you're saving in a high-end graphic program, but in MS Paint the quality scale normally goes (from best to worst) PNG > GIF > JPEG.

Actually PNG > JPEG > GIF it just depends on the quality in which you save the JPEG as.
100 should be used unless you want to save memory by lowering the quality.

Back