• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: A notification problem...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Well, it has happened to me when I came onto PC. When someone posted a Visitor Message on my profile, I checked the Visitor message. Then, after I checked the Visitor Message, I noticed that the notification that I read didn't disappear. I tried posting a Visitor Message on my profile, and deleting it, but it made absolutely no difference.

So... does anyone know how to get rid of the notification? It looks to me like it's a glitch. >.>

It always says that I've got 1 new Visitor Message, but I haven't. Any ideas?

Years
Yeah, this happens to everyone from time to time. The easiest way is just to delete the VM that started it. The alternative is to post a message in your own profile and delete it.

Staff: This should really be mentioned in the FAQ.

Years
I believe AJ had the same problem with his forums before.
Try logging off and then back in.
If that fails, have your VMs wiped.

.Seth

.explorer.
Years
Let's see...if my knowledge of VB is correct, Visitor Messages are probably determined by if the page is viewed for a certain time, it's counted as read. That or if the certain page is viewed.

I would suggest letting the page sit for a few minutes, then switch pages.
If it's still not counted as read, view the conversation with whoever posted it. That's another way it's counted as read.

If all that fails, delete the VM that started it, log out, log back in. If it's still there, wipe your VM's.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
Okay...in your profile, click the check box in any of your VMs, then click unapprove, and click "Go (1)" next to it.
After that, approve that same VM, and it should go away.

Back