• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Viz Media Confirms Plans to Present New Dubbed Naruto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-23/viz-confirms-plans-to-present-new-dubbed-naruto

Anime News Network said:
Viz Media staffer Ho Lin has confirmed in an official staff blog entry on Monday that Viz Media is planning to present new English-dubbed Naruto episodes. While acknowledging that America's Cartoon Network is not currently running new episodes of the Naruto ninja anime has it had in the past, Lin said that "fresh dubbed Naruto is most definitely in the works." Although the release venues and dates have not been finalized, the official announcement will be made on the Naruto.com website.

Voice actors in the Naruto cast have already reported that they have been dubbing episodes of the Naruto Shippūden sequel series since last year. English-subtitled episodes of Naruto Shippūden are available at the Naruto.com, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Joost websites. NAMCO Bandai's Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 game for the Sony PlayStation 2 game console will ship next week.

Discuss this in/on/at ANN's Forum

Zet

Years
I never knew that they were dubbing shippuden last year but then again I'm not really surprised since episodes are released a week or two+ after they're recorded and such

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
I never knew that they were dubbing shippuden last year but then again I'm not really surprised since episodes are released a week or two+ after they're recorded and such

What this news article is basically saying is that Viz Media will be releasing both the last 11 episodes (Episodes 210-220) of the Naruto English Dub and will also be releasing the Naruto Shippuden English Dub as well.

Unfortunately, the news article does not mention when or where this will be happening.

Last edited:

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Well this is good. I knew they are working on the dub for Shippuuden. I think they are up to Episode 33 or so, which it is great. =D Now we got to know if they going to air them on tv. But I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. Unless another channel will take it, but I doubt it. :/ It seems it is online and DVD. Well got to wait and see what happens.

Years
With Cartoon Network going anti-anime, and as violent and how much more darker Shippuden is then the original, unless it's aired on Adult Swim (oh please dear lord let it be...), I doubt it'll be on CN. We'll probably have to watch it online.

But hey, I'm glad we're getting an English dub of Shippuden. I've been watching the Japanese version, and I can't STAND the VAs- their like ear cancer >..

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Things are getting interesting again...

Here's what I want:

1) For the remaining 11 episodes and Shippuden to air on Adult Swim. If it doesn't and it streams online, fine. I live in the U.S., so, that's okay.

2) If it does stream online... I need to know:

a) when they will start streaming it online
b) what time they will be streaming it
c) will it be uncut and unedited? Or an edited version?

All in all, I'd rather watch it on TV, but, if I HAVE to watch online on Viz Media's site, I will.

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
Well this is good. I knew they are working on the dub for Shippuuden. I think they are up to Episode 33 or so, which it is great. =D Now we got to know if they going to air them on tv. But I have a feeling that isn't going to happen. Unless another channel will take it, but I doubt it. :/ It seems it is online and DVD. Well got to wait and see what happens.

If it does go to DVD only, I'll just rent the DVDs from Netflix, or download the DVD Rips.

With Cartoon Network going anti-anime, and as violent and how much more darker Shippuden is then the original, unless it's aired on Adult Swim (oh please dear lord let it be...), I doubt it'll be on CN. We'll probably have to watch it online.

But hey, I'm glad we're getting an English dub of Shippuden. I've been watching the Japanese version, and I can't STAND the VAs- their like ear cancer >..

Or on DVD :P.

Things are getting interesting again...

Here's what I want:

1) For the remaining 11 episodes and Shippuden to air on Adult Swim. If it doesn't and it streams online, fine. I live in the U.S., so, that's okay.

2) If it does stream online... I need to know:

a) when they will start streaming it online
b) what time they will be streaming it
c) will it be uncut and unedited? Or an edited version?

All in all, I'd rather watch it on TV, but, if I HAVE to watch online on Viz Media's site, I will.

There's always the DVDs ^_^.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
There's always the DVDs ^_^.

Meh... I'll just download it and/or watch it streamed online.

Fiiiiiiiinally! They seriously need to put it on Adult Swim...and take out all of the edits. Makes the anime so much better.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My thoughts exactly. ^_^'

The second Geass or Bleach episode could quite possibly be a place holder if they are aiming for Naruto. If of course.

*gasps*

My god... how come I didn't realize that?!

Maybe... just maybe...

O_O;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

*starts hoping*

Sonido

阿散井 恋次
Years
Very good new for dub fans such as myself. The only bad thing is that I don't live in the U.S :(.

Ah well, when there's a Youtube, there's a way.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
so when are they planning on continuing the last 11 episodes of the first series did they say

i hope its soon

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2013
and i heard they are talking of putting them on toonami jetstream but i looked and the only episodes on there is the episodes when they are trying to rescue sasuke

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Um, I'm pretty sure that if ANN knew, they would have included that info in the news article.

Correct.

and i heard they are talking of putting them on toonami jetstream but i looked and the only episodes on there is the episodes when they are trying to rescue sasuke

Where did you hear this specifically? If it wasn't from a reliable source... I wouldn't believe it if I were you...

Toddler Naruto

Playful Explorer
Years
Naruto Shippūden's Main English Dubbing Cast Announced

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-27/naruto-shippuden-main-english-dubbing-cast-announced

Anime News Network said:
The North American anime distributor Viz Media has announced that the following castmembers from the English dubbing of the Naruto anime series are reprising their roles for the Naruto Shippūden sequel series:

Maile Flanagan as Naruto Uzumaki
Kate Higgins as Sakura Haruno
Dave Wittenberg as Kakashi Hatake
Brian Donovan as Rock Lee

Voice actors in the Naruto cast have already revealed that they have been dubbing Naruto Shippūden since last year. Viz Media has yet to announce how and when the English dubbing will be presented. English-subtitled episodes of Naruto Shippūden are available at the Naruto.com, Crunchyroll, Hulu, and Joost websites. NAMCO Bandai's Naruto Ultimate Ninja 4 game for the Sony PlayStation 2 game console will ship next week.

Source: ICv2

Discuss this on ANN's Forum.

TOONAMI JETSTREAM IS DEAD!

Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back