• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Confirmation

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Hey guys. This may have been posted already, but rather than have you and myself running around looking for it all, we'll keep it to one topic. Anyway...

A lot of stuff has been confirmed. Let me start with the biggest mystery of all, the Kyogre+Groudon case.

You know, we saw how after Team Aqua/Magma awaken them, they face off, right? Well, at this point, you head to the Cave of Origin and meet Wallace. He'll ask you about the third one (Rayquaza), and ask where it is. Then you can go to the Sky Pillar. (Note: May/Brendan may call you during this period, telling you s/he saw a green Pokemon fly over Pacifidlog.) Anyway, there aren't any cracks anymore in the pillar. Head to the top to find Rayquaza. He'll fly away to Sootopolis. Follow him there, and you'll see Kyo+Grou fighting. He'll put them to sleep and they'll fall into the ocean (yep, you can't catch 'em). Now he'll go back to the pillar, and the cracks return. You can catch him before the Elite Four now.

Okay, a few other things...

-You can now rebattle gym leaders, sometimes in double battles!
-There's a new gym leader in Sootopolis...
-And as such, have a guess who the new Elite Four champion is.
-They're chucking a "GSC Ash" on Steven. In other words, you know how Prof. Oak opens up Mt. Silver? Well they're doing something similar.
-You get to pick if you want Latias or Latios! (Your mother asks you what colour it is.)
-If you didn't read the above, you can't catch Kyogre/Groudon, but you can catch Rayquaza before the Elite Four!

Anything else to add? Post here.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
The new Gym Leader in Sootopolis is called Arden... and is also a Water Gym Leader... So we have a Water Gym Leader and a Water Champion. The Gym leaders now hvae some different Pokemon, and even more Pokemon. Winona has a Tropius and a Swablu, whereas Liza and Tate have a Xatu and Claydol as well as Lunatone and Solrock. The Elite Four's Pokemon have slightly changed, with Sidney having a Crawdaunt instead of Sharpedo, Drake having a Kingdra instead of two Flygons, and Wallace having a completely different team alltogether.

You can get both fossils: You go up this tower in the desert, pick the fossil, then the tower disintegrates taking the other one for good.... but not for long. Once you've beaten the Elite Four, go to the Fossil Maniac's house on Route 114, and he's managed to dig a tunnel with wild Ditto!!! and Whismur. At the end is the other fossil.

Smeargle and Sudowoodo are also in the game. Near the battle frontier is a tree which looks familiar... water it with the Wailmer Pail, and it attacks. Guess what Pokemon it is? Smeargle can be found in a cave that's also near the Battle Frontier. I think both are Lv40... but I'm not sure.

There are also very high level Pokemon. Pokemon such as Pikachu, Electabuzz, and Plusle and Minun!!!??? have been found at Level 80

All this info is thanks to SPP, so thanks Joe ^_^

ace557

Master Of Light
Years
  • Seen Oct 30, 2013
news of all news is 3 thing 1 you can catch kyogre and groudon go to the weather instetut talk to the guy that gives you castform and he'll tell you where kyogre is but if you dont find the under water cave fast it'll move and you'll have to go ask him again and if you talk to a diferent guy (not sure where in the weather instetut yet) he'll tell you where grodon is but again if your not fast at finding it it will move 2 if you get the 2 tickets like in fire red and leaf green that lets you go to navel rock and birth iland you can get deoxys, lugia, and ho-oh and last of all is the best on an iland that you once again need a ticket for there is 1 and only 1 wild mew on lvl 30!!!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Wow! Use some grammar! Anyways... The tickets are definitely the Mystic and Aurora tickets, sincethey were used in FRLG, and will be used here as well... or so I presume. The Mew Island is called World's Edge Island... which I'm asuming is on the edge of Hoenn. Kyogre and Groudon are Lv 70 so bring strong Pokemon.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
Years
Yeah, I recently found that out from Serebii... Let me rephrase what ace557 said.

After you talk to the guy at the weather research institute, he'll tell you that Kyogre's cave is currently on one of four routes. However, it moves constantly, so be careful. Also, another guy in the institute tells you where Groudon's is, usually the same route as Kyogre's. They're both Lv. 70, like Cat Dog said. And just for the record, one of the routes the cave resides on is also the home of Regice.

Speaking of the Regi's, everything's the same for them, except the cave-exclusive activities. In Regirock's, you need to move left twice (rather than right), down twice, then use Rock Smash. In Registeel's, you need to use Flash in the middle of the room. In Regice's, you need to circulate the cave once. (I think that's what Joe said.)

Oh, and Steven's been located. He's in Meteor Falls, in a part atop the waterfall that is inaccesible until you beat the Elite Four. There are 5 level 70 legendaries available in the game, so catch them before battling him, as his Pokemon's levels are all in the 70s.

And finally, much like FireRed and LeafGreen, Lugia and Ho-oh are obtainable. Same as FR/LG, but the locations look slightly different.

Here are some warp codes for World's Edge Island, Navel Rock and Birth Island, respectively:
82031F84 381A
82031F84 421A
82031F84 3A1A
I found them on GameFAQs' messabe boards, but the poster gave credits to PPN.

Credits to Serebii and PPN. ;)

Back