• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ever thought what happend to the Pokeball after you throw it out?

Years
Its coming back to your hand?
Its falling to the ground and you need to pick it up? :P

What do you think?

Last edited:

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
It's made of materials that slowly decompose into the ground!

...maybe. :0

templekeeper

Remember: you're a member!
Years
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
If a pokem on busts out of it from the inside, then it's, more likely than not, busted. The pieces just hang around until they get buried. Perhaps pokeball frags look no different from your average, everyday rock.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
Here it is

The pokeball has a high pwer spring and impact sensor. The spring also moves. Every peice of the poekball(outer) os able to release the spring because there are slots located all around the pokeball. once the impact sensor sense impact, the spring goes to the spot that the iompact was located abnd springs out. How does it come back to you? well, the ball is now in the air and every pokeall has a human DNA sensor in it that reads whatever peice of your DNA you would put in it. The ball then flies towards you, at whatever rate you can catch it, and how high it should be(this is done by earlier setting the ball) the DNA sensor then is "attracted" to you and you catch the ball. The DNA sensor also tells which pokemon are yours and which aren't.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That can't be true. In the anime, there have been numerous times that Team Rocket has taken everyone's Pokemon (inside the Pokeballs, mind) and Ash couldn't figure out which ones were his.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2014
No When the balll flies back, it goes towards the person. When it's just sitting there, anyone can take it.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2015
Maybe the trainer has jedi powers @_@
He/She concentrates on the pokeball and then the pokemons trust in the trainer gains and then the ball flies into the trainers hand...
Or the trainer just has to pick the ball up from the ground seems like the best answer :D

Years
  • Seen May 11, 2016
Well, a Poké Ball flies back to the person's hand in the anime, but the actual canon are the games, where you don't get the Poké Ball back. Perhaps in the games the ball breaks?

Though, I can't comprehend the question well. Are you asking us what we think it does if we don't catch the Pokémon or if we do catch the Pokémon?​

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Maybe the trainer has jedi powers @_@

The aren't the Pokeballs you're looking for...

I personally think the Pokeball just breaks after a Pokemon busts out, especially when facing large Pokemon and legendaries.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
The PokeMart employees pick it up off the ground after you've left, meaning you have to buy it back off of them :P

But seriously, it must be messy after you've caught a legendary and left about 80 Pokeballs on the ground

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
Years
But seriously, it must be messy after you've caught a legendary and left about 80 Pokeballs on the ground
Don't worry. The places where Legendary Pokémons reside in are barely visited, so no one would notice. ;P

In the anime, they come back. In the game, they break into pieces by the Pokémons' resistance.

Years
  • Seen Sep 8, 2016
I think it just disappears into your pockets, or something along the lines of disappearing.

Ayselipera

well if its your pokemon then like in the anime
I would think the ball flys back to your hand. But
when you try to catch a pokemon and it fails I'm
pretty sure the ball is suppose to break apart.

I would say its probably biodegradable like other
people are saying.

thadarkcookie

jedi mind
Years
idk maybe when u in the water they sink n idk lol >:l

no no no no Jorah is right it is a big scam the poke mart send ppl out at night to get them them so call cops are really poke mart workers picking up the balls u used

thats why they battle u so u wont catch one

Last edited:
Back