• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Blastoise Or Swampert

Blastoise Or Swampert

• Swampert

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Blastoise

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters

Ayselipera

Swampert doesn't even come close to Blastoise.
Personally Swampert is the worst water starter
ever. Possibly the worst of all the starters ever,
I'm still debating that though.

So obviously my vote goes to Blastoise.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
I personally prefer Swampert with its fairly high attack, Blastoise is too balanced with its stats except for its hp which is low, so it doesn't suit the teams I like to make

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
Swampert. It's typing allows it protection against electric pokemon and it's only weakness (grass) is easily destroyed by it's Ice Beam.

Blastoise is a good pokemon, but it won't be able to stand up against an electric pokemon at all.

Blastoise is weak to electricity. Swampert is not, but opinions are opinons, so whatever.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
Years
I like blastiose better its stronger better looking and i hate mudkips. Who doesn't like a big turtle that stands on two feet and has super cannons that can send you to mars.

Detox

No, its the wannabe mixed wall Blastoise

The worst Starter is Venusaur.

Swampy. He Massacres that turtle any day and them makes Chowder out of him.

@ KingofJokers: Funny. Swampys stats say he is stronger.

Ayselipera

Swampert. It's typing allows it protection against electric pokemon and it's only weakness (grass) is easily destroyed by it's Ice Beam.

Blastoise is a good pokemon, but it won't be able to stand up against an electric pokemon at all.

Blastoise is weak to electricity. Swampert is not, but opinions are opinons, so whatever.

I don't really mind the weakness to electric moves it still only has 2 weaknesses. Plus I try to avoid pokemon that have a 4x weakness to other types.

True Reign

  
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 31, 2010
I don't really mind the weakness to electric moves it still only has 2 weaknesses. Plus I try to avoid pokemon that have a 4x weakness to other types.
Why would you avoid using Swampert? I can understand you doing that (as I do too), but Swampert is the one starter you don't want to miss out on using. It's strong, great defense, and great movepool aswell.

Like I said just have Ice Beam on your Swampert and it'll be a good breeze through the game or an online battle.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
What is with all these threads xD

Anyways Blastoise just because he's original and awsome.
Swampart ya he's pretty cool but not special =/

Ayselipera

Its 4X weakness is kinda its only weakness...

I know that, and I avoid it for that reason... plus I just have some wierd hatred for it. Mudkip and Marshtomp are find, its just Swampert. I hate it.

And to Mage

Pretty much the same reaons above. I've used it before just never liked it.

Detox

Yeah, grass isnt the most common type of move used these days....

Ayselipera

Yeah, grass isnt the most common type of move used these days....

It doesn't really matter to me wether its common or not. I just don't like the fact that it has a 4x weakness and I don't like its design... thats pretty much it.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
Years
Why must you put me in such a position?
Errr, I'll have to go with my first gut response.
Blastoise.
I love them both, though. They're in their own distinct regions, so it really depends on my mood on who I like more.
This is all based on my experiences with the two. As you may tell, they were good experiences, which it why it left me at a hard decision.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
Years
Well i'm not gonna go into the competitive goodness of those pokemon :P

I choose Blastoise because he was mainly my first starter that i ever used and i still <3 Squirtle.

Swampert is amazing but it does not compare to my Blastoise <3

Years
Blastoise is my favorite. I don't battle competitively so I'm not gonna worry about which one is stronger, but when it comes down to it, the Pokémon in G1 were just hands down more awesome than those in G3.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
I like swampert more. Blastoise is still better looking and in terms of looks I prefer blastoise. Swampert is just stronger with its good movepool and balanced out stats. (I really don't know why are comparisons based only on pokemon who play totally different roles in a team? Blastoise->Tank, Swampert->Sweeper.)

Kazukii

Banned
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Dec 2, 2009
I chose Swampert because it's immune to electricity & a very good pokemon anyway.

Back